Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Great play by Carroll. The other great play, on the same play, belongs to Andre Proulx, the referee.

I've often thought that Proulx let games go goofy with too many penalties. The officiating crew did a great job on Monday. Proulx's moment came in that he didn't flag Isaac for Roughing the Passer on his push to Burris after the pass was thrown. I've seen lesser hits get flagged. It would have been a crime to take that pick six away with a RtP penalty. Good no call.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    Great play by Carroll. The other great play, on the same play, belongs to Andre Proulx, the referee.

I've often thought that Proulx let games go goofy with too many penalties. The officiating crew did a great job on Monday. Proulx's moment came in that he didn't flag Isaac for Roughing the Passer on his push to Burris after the pass was thrown. I've seen lesser hits get flagged. It would have been a crime to take that pick six away with a RtP penalty. Good no call.
    Chris Schultz brought up the soft ruffing the passer calls in the league these days during the panels game balls and flags segment. I agree that they have become way too protective of the QB these days. I have seen many instances when a defensive player wraps a QB and gets flagged for a low hit on the QB. Officials really need to know the difference between a hit and a wrap, and unfortunately I don't believe they do. IMO, Glen Johnson is the absolute worst at this.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    #8 is now the CFL's defensive player of the week!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The one low one on Ray was a tackle below the knees not a late hit. That I can understand. Some of those touches or push backs are a total farce.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Cutting a player after one bad game is dangerous. I remember non-import safety and punt returner Paul Bennett having a horrendous game decades ago and being cut after several good years of service from 1977 to 1979 with the Argos. He then came back to haunt us again and again with Winnipeg and Hamilton. He won the Outstanding Canadian award in 1983 and 1985. He had 45 interceptions and held CFL records in punt return yards, punt return carries, and interception return yards. I think Carroll deserves a chance.
    We let Bennett go twice. The Argos traded him to Winnipeg prior to the 1980 regular season and then got him back prior to the '84 season. As someone mentioned recently, Bennett had a bad game at home to Saskatchewan that year and Obie released him immediately. He then went on to a few more solid seasons in Hamilton.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    That doesn't sound like something Obie would do.................hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Since people have not heeded my last post on this thread ...I might as well come out and take credit for Ahmad Carroll's great game on Monday afternoon.

He responded very well and won Defensive Player of the Week...lol

Any requests for me to start another thread about warning a player to lookout for a garbage bag because he could be cut...just PM meIt just may have the same positive effect....You heard of the saying, "light a fire under their belly." Perhaps in an indirect and sub-conscience kind of way, this thread may have had a part of Carroll's game on Monday.

Chalk it up to positive emotion from fans who care about the team to honestly critique all performances good or bad.

We know one game should not make or break a carear, but is part of it....Hope Carroll remains consistent and does not see another Orange flag thrown in his direction for the rest of the year.

By the way, Paul Bennett was one of my favourite Argo players in that '84 season....tough tackler and excellent on one on one situations which is why I was shocked when Obie let him go as I've mentioned in the past. There may have been more to it, other than that game where he missed a tackle in the open field vs Saskatchewan, but you sure know Obie had it in for him once he found an on-field excuse to cut him....he probably asked Obie and Sazio for more money...lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    can't think of anyone needing to wear a bag heading into saturday. ticat fans may be wearing them soon.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Gill, don't warn Gigure, Fantuz or Burris, ok?????