Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    No doubt that Carroll had a bad game yesterday, but I'm not ready to throw him under the bus. I thought he'd been rather good this season up until yesterday.
    i agree....damn, at this rate we would pretty much have to cut 90% of the entire roster

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    i agree....damn, at this rate we would pretty much have to cut 90% of the entire roster
    Are you serious? They are 4-4, not 2-6. The Lions were 2-6 at this time last year and went on to win the cup. I don't understand why all the doom and gloom towards the season thus far.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Are you serious? They are 4-4, not 2-6. The Lions were 2-6 at this time last year and went on to win the cup. I don't understand why all the doom and gloom towards the season thus far.
    I think that Matchuk is in agreement with what you are saying, Angelo, and not with some of the other posters in this thread.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi
    I think that Matchuk is in agreement with what you are saying, Angelo, and not with some of the other posters in this thread.
    You are correct Ravi, and I apologize to you matchuk. I guess, I've been reading so many knee jerk, negative comments on here as of late, that I jumped the gun and didn't read that post correctly.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't think it's doom and gloom but it is criticism, so what....if you're comparing Argo fans concern and care to fans of the Leafs and the Saskatchewan Roughriders then that would be a step in the right direction for the organization. The Leafs are #1 in merchandise sales and have the largest fan base in Canada, and the Saskatchewan Roughriders have the largest fan base in the CFL and are 3rd in merchandise sales of all professional sports teams in Canada, only surpassed by the Leafs and the Montreal Canadiens of the NHL....My god, the Argos would be fortunate from an economic standpoint if another million people cared enough to be critical when they don't play well or have players who stink it up. If that many were as critical, I'm sure an extra 20 or 30,000 of them would care to go to games.

I'm just bringing up the point that standards need to be set high...but rationally. I know there are a lot of players who can play cornerback in the CFL, probably some that will be getting cut from NFL teams in the upcoming week and who may not have room on an NFL practice roster. Should Carroll still take undisciplined penalties and show a vulnerability to getting picked on, then there is a possibility that someone better can replace him.

We have people on Ricky Ray which is laughable....without him even as ineffective in the red zone as he's been, we'd be where we were last season. (not even getting into the red zone, let alone making Field goals) That's all I've got to say about that...that does not sound gloom and doom...that's just the way I see it.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    When you keep hearing the hoopla all training camp about wanting to be in and win the 100th Grey Cup you expect more. The team may have won four games but it looks ok. Now Barker is saying he's happy with who we have and basically it's finding the proper combinations. I always cheer like we should win every game but I'm realist. You could see that out of camp we didn't do enough to help Ricky be great. I kept saying they need more than Ray. We very lucky that many teams are also underachieving this year. The 100th Grey Cup year and it's been a sloppy mess so far.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I don't think it's doom and gloom but it is criticism, so what....if you're comparing Argo fans concern and care to fans of the Leafs and the Saskatchewan Roughriders then that would be a step in the right direction for the organization. The Leafs are #1 in merchandise sales and have the largest fan base in Canada, and the Saskatchewan Roughriders have the largest fan base in the CFL and are 3rd in merchandise sales of all professional sports teams in Canada, only surpassed by the Leafs and the Montreal Canadiens of the NHL....My god, the Argos would be fortunate from an economic standpoint if another million people cared enough to be critical when they don't play well or have players who stink it up. If that many were as critical, I'm sure an extra 20 or 30,000 of them would care to go to games.

I'm just bringing up the point that standards need to be set high...but rationally. I know there are a lot of players who can play cornerback in the CFL, probably some that will be getting cut from NFL teams in the upcoming week and who may not have room on an NFL practice roster. Should Carroll still take undisciplined penalties and show a vulnerability to getting picked on, then there is a possibility that someone better can replace him.

We have people on Ricky Ray which is laughable....without him even as ineffective in the red zone as he's been, we'd be where we were last season. (not even getting into the red zone, let alone making Field goals) That's all I've got to say about that...that does not sound gloom and doom...that's just the way I see it.
    I have no problem with concern either, but as you mention the Ray bashing is getting to me. Almost my entire section was blaming him solely for the bad offensive output on Monday. I really got sick of hearing it, and actually yelled at a couple of the worst bashers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Now Barker is saying he's happy with who we have and basically it's finding the proper combinations.
    No surprise. That's about what I'd expect any G.M. of a .500 team to say.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    You are correct Ravi, and I apologize to you matchuk. I guess, I've been reading so many knee jerk, negative comments on here as of late, that I jumped the gun and didn't read that post correctly.
    hahaha....no worries man....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Should #8 still be looking out for garbage bag?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Maybe, Burris did give him a gimme in terms of the pass that was thrown but he caught it, which is WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE. Apparently he was read the riot act by Milanovich, so you can't say he was not threatened. If he can play error-free football and not get Pass Interference penalties on a consistent basis, then he should be fine, but if he needs to be reminded constantly about that, then in the long term he won't be successful.

The players need to be held to a high standard...should I have started a thread last week saying "Carroll played like crap, but that's OK." Would that have made you happy....that would make for one boring messageboard...interception thrown, that's OK, missed tackles, that's OK, bad coaching decisions...that's OK. And don't give me this BS about fan loyalty....real loyalty is talking about the team honestly, whether they're playing great or whether they're stinking the joint out....Blind loyalty is just that, blind.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Maybe, Burris did give him a gimme in terms of the pass that was thrown but he caught it, which is WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE. Apparently he was read the riot act by Milanovich, so you can't say he was not threatened. If he can play error-free football and not get Pass Interference penalties on a consistent basis, then he should be fine, but if he needs to be reminded constantly about that, then in the long term he won't be successful.

The players need to be held to a high standard...should I have started a thread last week saying "Carroll played like crap, but that's OK." Would that have made you happy....that would make for one boring messageboard...interception thrown, that's OK, missed tackles, that's OK, bad coaching decisions...that's OK. And don't give me this BS about fan loyalty....real loyalty is talking about the team honestly, whether they're playing great or whether they're stinking the joint out....Blind loyalty is just that, blind.

Gill, that "gimme" that Burris gave Carroll was far from that. If you analyze the play (I doubt you will), you will see Carroll avoid a pick from Fantuz to gain inside positon on Williams (who had one catch all day...defended by Carroll)...before the game changing interception, he did a great job so that could happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Gill, that "gimme" that Burris gave Carroll was far from that. If you analyze the play (I doubt you will), you will see Carroll avoid a pick from Fantuz to gain inside positon on Williams (who had one catch all day...defended by Carroll)...before the game changing interception, he did a great job so that could happen.
    I was at the game, I saw the play and the highlight...Burris threw a dying quail that took ages to arrive at the intended receiver. This enabled Carroll to get under the intended receiver to intercept the ball. It's a good interception, but it's a horrible pass and one that Burris has thrown to much in the last year and a half.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    As good as some may think Carroll has been this year, I'll tip my hat for rookie DB to Joe Burnett in Edmonton. Solid returner as well.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'll tip my hat for rookie DB to Joe Burnett in Edmonton. Solid returner as well.
    Doesn't take a knee and gets horrible field position, not once but twice. Pretty much put in the final nail in the coffin yesterday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Doesn't take a knee and gets horrible field position, not once but twice. Pretty much put in the final nail in the coffin yesterday.
    That was a rookie mistake no doubt, makes you wonder how much Reed and the ST co-ordinator stressed staying in the end zone, maybe they give him the responsibility of making the decision making. That being said, having watched the Eskies on TV this year and seeing them live at the dome on August 27, Burnett's an excellent DB who is comparable to Carroll. I think it's a fair comparison, although I did not read if Burnett's ever played a regular season game in the NFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Why don`t we let this thread go away...so Carroll does not have to see this so high on the messageboard if he happens to read it. One week is enough punishment from a fan perspective. I don`t think he deserves to have this thread up here all season.

See I`m forgiving.

That`s it for me on this thread.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I was at the game, I saw the play and the highlight...Burris threw a dying quail that took ages to arrive at the intended receiver. This enabled Carroll to get under the intended receiver to intercept the ball. It's a good interception, but it's a horrible pass and one that Burris has thrown to much in the last year and a half.
    It wasn't a great pass, but there sure aren't a lot of DB's in the league that could run all the way across the field in man coverage and undercut the receiver to make that play. I really am starting to believe that certain guys on here just simply refuse to give any credit to any former NFLers in the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Cutting a player after one bad game is dangerous. I remember non-import safety and punt returner Paul Bennett having a horrendous game decades ago and being cut after several good years of service from 1977 to 1979 with the Argos. He then came back to haunt us again and again with Winnipeg and Hamilton. He won the Outstanding Canadian award in 1983 and 1985. He had 45 interceptions and held CFL records in punt return yards, punt return carries, and interception return yards. I think Carroll deserves a chance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Gimme? More like give me a break. That was a great play by Carroll.