Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

September 3rd 2012: Toronto Argonauts vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats

vs.

Week 10
    Monday, September 3rd 2012 at 1:00pm ET.
    Ivor Wynne. Hamilton, ON.

TV:
    TSN
    TSN Mobile TV: Details Here
    Radio: TSN Radio 1050
    Audio Webcast: TSN Radio 1050

US Viewing:
    TV: NBC Sports
    Video Webcast: ESPN3

Depth Chart: Here

Ticket Info: Here

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Hopefully Ricky can rebound away from the dome that he sucks at. Winning on Labour Day is always a huge surprise when we do it so here's hoping. I'd like to see the overall Labour Day records.

We're 14-28-1 against both the Hamilton Tiger Cats and Wildcats overall. There are about 20 odd years that the teams didn't play a labour day game. I guess most of my bad memories of Labour Day comes from the early 70's to early 90's. We hardly ever one. We've done a bit better as of late.
    Last edited by 1argoholic; 08-29-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Hopefully Ricky can rebound away from the dome that he sucks at. Winning on Labour Day is always a huge surprise when we do it so here's hoping. I'd like to see the overall Labour Day records.

We're 14-28-1 against both the Hamilton Tiger Cats and Wildcats overall. There are about 20 odd years that the teams didn't play a labour day game. I guess most of my bad memories of Labour Day comes from the early 70's to early 90's. We hardly ever one. We've done a bit better as of late.
    I suspect that your cautious approach concerning expectations for the Argos comes from the 1970s and 1980-81 when everything that could go wrong did go wrong for this franchise. Am I correct, 1argoholic?
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Looks like Rambo, Mann and Bradwell were all getting a lot of reps (I think Durie may have been dinged up). Reinders didn't do much, he just watched a lot.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I guess when you start to see a pattern game after game it starts to bring back those bad memories. Every game this year we have bad issues pop up. Who could have seen Carroll have such a horrible game. Not just his pentalties but getting burned on that one handed grab along the sideline to Stamps. He had great coverage and did everything right but knock the ball away. I thought those penalty filled gams would be a thing of the past. Then our run game hit the skids. What surprises will be in store for Monday?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I am not very optimistic about Monday...if we are not able to defeat an Edmonton team led by arguably the qb tandem in the league, how do we beat a team that has a hot vet in Burris...fully expect Hamiltons Swiss Cheese D to look like the Steel Curtain of the 70s......I hope I am wrong but I am still dismayed about Mondays outcome.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Hopefully Hamilton doesn't hit us with between the eyes with a Williams return. This little bugger is doing it weekly. We need to play a near perfect game.
    Last edited by 1argoholic; 09-01-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I am not very optimistic about Monday...if we are not able to defeat an Edmonton team led by arguably the qb tandem in the league, how do we beat a team that has a hot vet in Burris...fully expect Hamiltons Swiss Cheese D to look like the Steel Curtain of the 70s......I hope I am wrong but I am still dismayed about Mondays outcome.
    In all fairness, B.C. and a couple of other teams have also lost to Edmonton this year. The Esks may not have the most exciting QB duo or offence in the league but they don't have to with their defence and special teams.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Looks like Rambo, Mann and Bradwell were all getting a lot of reps (I think Durie may have been dinged up). Reinders didn't do much, he just watched a lot.
    In his last press scrum, Milanovich mentioned that Mann was learning a new position; has he been practising as a slotback? One of the things I think we're missing is a big strong body inside, and Rambo would come closer to filling that role than Mann.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    In his last press scrum, Milanovich mentioned that Mann was learning a new position; has he been practising as a slotback? One of the things I think we're missing is a big strong body inside, and Rambo would come closer to filling that role than Mann.
    I am guessing that Mann is being looked at in Barnes' slotback spot given that they aren't going to replace Inman. Rambo might be a better option there but I believe that he is still a couple of weeks away from being ready to be activated (or so I have heard in some media outlets).

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Barnes has lost his starting job. I felt certain of that after the last game, and Milanovich all but confirmed it yesterday. I think Rambo is better suited, physically, but starting Mann there on Monday makes sense. MM has been patient and has earned a shot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    After such a shoddy performance last Monday, I bet the boys will be whipped into shape this Monday. I'm expecting an Argo win on Labour Day, but either way, I think this game will gauge how they do for the rest of the season. If they come out flat for this game, they probably won't do much this year. If you can't get up for this game, you probably aren't made of much.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I'd be very excited if we could come out of Hamilton with a win but we need to play well in all phases and coaching. I don't expect a win but having said that I'll still be pissed if we lose. Hard to judge what's going to happen after last week. We nned this because Ray hasn't been good at home and then we're off to BC for Sept 15th. The season could turn for the good or hit the skids. Montreal is now finding a groove.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The Argos have yet to lose two straight this season. In other words, they have always rebounded well after a loss so hopefully they will do the same on Monday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Barnes has been a bust. Its not just that he is not catching many balls, he seems to not even be in the game when he is playing. Time to give Mann and Rambo a chance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Wish the Argos had a beat writer like Drew Edwards covers Hamilton....nice article on the potential lineup changes on Defense for tomorrows game....looks like lots of areas to exploit.

The third and final day of Ticats practice before the Labour Day game on Monday and this is what I see:
    • I think Brock Campbell will get the start at strong-side linebacker, filling in for the injured Markeith Knowlton and replacing Carlos Thomas, who's played there the last few weeks. Campbell is a rookie who has been with the team less than a month who is now being asked to play one of the toughest positions in the CFL: it requires both pass coverage skills and run-stopping ability and there is no equivalent in the American game: there's a reason that most of the players that line up there are veterans.
    I asked Campbell about his thoughts on the position yesterday.
    "It's been a tough transition but I've got some great coaches and some great veteran leaders.You just have so many checks – you have to line up based on formation, who is the backfield... you are constantly lining up on different guys, so there's a lot of different things you need to know.
    I played free safety in a Tampa Two defence in college so I was in the box as a run defender quite a bit. But the game is different up here and it's taken some time to get used to."
    • looks like the Ticats may be changing both their corners as well. Newcomer Nick Graham, signed this week after being released by Saskatchewan, took a lot of reps in Geoff Tisdale's spot on the short side and Chris Rwabukamba is getting starting reps on the wide side in place of Ryan Hinds. Import Craig Ray also getting some looks at safety but I still think Matt Bucknor starts there.
    • so, to recap, the Ticats could have two new corners, a new starting wide side linebacker and Ricky Ray coming to town on Labour Day.
    • on offence, it looks like Chevon Walker will be getting the start at tailback and that Avon Cobourne will be returning to the bench – I haven't seen him take an offensive snap yet today. Brandon Rutley was in on kickoff return so he may still be in the line up.
    • Marwan Hage is back at centre.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I don't know how to post the depth chart but only a couple of tweeks. Looks like Bradwell will step in for Watt. Says Rambo as a second stringer at slot back 2 and Mann at wr but does that mean they'll be dressed. Last week showed Mann but he didn't dress.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I don't know how to post the depth chart but only a couple of tweeks. Looks like Bradwell will step in for Watt. Says Rambo as a second stringer at slot back 2 and Mann at wr but does that mean they'll be dressed. Last week showed Mann but he didn't dress.
    I looked at the chart but don't believe it. Barnes is shown as a starter, but I don't think that is the case. If you can 'holic, listen to the pre game show on TSN Radio on the internet, they go over the starting lineup...oh & funny story about Finn getting clocked outside Ivor Wynne... not that I condone that behaviour, but a story well told sir.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    • so, to recap, the Ticats could have two new corners, a new starting wide side linebacker and Ricky Ray coming to town on Labour Day.
    • on offence, it looks like Chevon Walker will be getting the start at tailback and that Avon Cobourne will be returning to the bench – I haven't seen him take an offensive snap yet today. Brandon Rutley was in on kickoff return so he may still be in the line up.
    If they start two new corners and a new wide side linebacker that should give Ray lots of opportunity to exploit their defence even if these are talented players because it takes time to fit into a defence, especially in these positions. Of course, this partly depends on our offensive line providing decent blocking, especially because I expect the Ticats to do a fair bit of blitzing to help the new personnel.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    If they start two new corners and a new wide side linebacker that should give Ray lots of opportunity to exploit their defence even if these are talented players because it takes time to fit into a defence, especially in these positions. Of course, this partly depends on our offensive line providing decent blocking, especially because I expect the Ticats to do a fair bit of blitzing to help the new personnel.
    I agree totally, Jerry. This should be a great opportunity for our offence tomorrow.