Threaded View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I wish I had my old equipment from when I started playing. My helmet was paper thin and we had the old white plasic mouth guards that went over your mouth. haha. I actually still have my Northland and Sherwood PMP wooden sticks that I got in my first year of college in 82.
    When you watch highlights of the good old days of hockey it does look very slow. The guys didn't work out like they do today either. Bobby Hull was a big powerful man from working on the farm is summer. I have a photo in a scrap book of him with no shirt on holding a pitchfolk with a big bale of hay on the end. You have to be one strong SOB to pull that off. When I was a kid the Star had great colour photos that I'd cut out and put in my scrap book. I lived and breathed hockey back then.
    That's a famous picture...you could see how sculpted and muscular he was from working on the farm...muscles and veins were popping everywhere.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...e/page__st__25

It's on that link...Hull was only 5'9, 5'10 at most like his son Brett, but he'd easily been a top player today...they discuss in that link that he would not have been big enough which is funny...short yes he was, small, not at all. Skating at his hardest he'd run over today's guys who think they're tough like Dion Phaneuf.
    Last edited by Gill The Thrill; 08-30-2012 at 08:13 AM.