Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Ticats name George Cortez new head coach

http://www.cfl.ca/article/ticats-name-george-cortez-new-head-coach

T
    he article is brief and simply states that it is per Bob Young's twitter account.

I also see that the CFL writing staff tows Young's line about being a "caretaker" and not an "owner."

That makes four new head coaches in the CFL this year (BC, Saskatchewan, Hamilton, Toronto), which will certainly make things interesting.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    WOW good signing here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    both of Braley's teams, Young's team and the rectangular province's team get new HC's...

it's likely fair to say that all except one were disappointments last season. so of the 3 that need to get better, who made the best move? Saskachuk, T.O. or the Hammer?
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm biased so I'll say Toronto.

George Cortez should be a good fit with Burris in Hamilton. They worked together before and Burris enjoyed some his best seasons with him. But, of course like everything just because your a good co-ordinator doesn't mean you'll be a good head coach. The same applies to Milanovich, he brings a lot to the table having worked with one of the best coaches in the CFL for years and will be aided by the acquisition of a top flight QB. I don't know enough about Chamblin to pass judgment on Saskatchewan's hiring of him.

Based on last year's performance alone, Hamilton is probably the closest team, but Ray changes things from our perspective and makes many things possible now that probably weren't there under Jyles. As for the Roughriders I will say this though, the Eskimos are gambling on Jyles and the Stampeders are going with a relative newcomer in Tate. The Lions should run away with the west I think, but with the uncertainty at QB in Edmonton and Calgary anything's possible for the Roughriders I suppose.
    Last edited by Will; 01-09-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post

George Cortez should be a good fit with Burris in Hamilton. They worked together before and Burris enjoyed some his best seasons with him. But, of course like everything just because your a good co-ordinator doesn't mean you'll be a good head coach. The same applies to Milanovich, he brings a lot to the table having worked with one of the best coaches in the CFL for years and will be aided by the acquisition of a top flight QB. I don't know enough about Chamblin to pass judgment on Saskatchewan's hiring of him.
    your point about the pre-existing relationship between Cortez and Burris is well made. Obie clearly knew this too and is BANKing (see what i did there?) on it giving them a head start.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post

Based on last year's performance alone, Hamilton is probably the closest team, but Ray changes things from our perspective and makes many things possible now that probably weren't there under Jyles. As for the Roughriders I will say this though, the Eskimos are gambling on Jyles and the Stampeders are going with a relative newcomer in Tate. The Lions should run away with the west I think, but with the uncertainty at QB in Edmonton and Calgary anything's possible for the Roughriders I suppose.
    B.C. was far and away the best team in the league by the end of this past season but I am not sold on Mike Benevides as head coach, especially considering that it appears he will remain the defensive coordinator as well. That is a lot on a rookie head coach with the master overlooking him. The Lions should be the best team in the west but the Benevides situation could be reason for concern.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think the Lions have enough talent right now to overcome any "bumps in the road" that Benevides may have. Unlike Rich Stubler in Toronto he won't have a QB controversy hanging over him either.