Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I guess none feels it was a joke to release Boyd anymore. No idea what they saw in Kackert that didn't get him to play at all and yet put ALOT of faith in him for throwing Boyd and yet proved they were right.
    I really like how quick Kackert looks, Boyd would usually look slow.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    *Edit* If I remember correctly, Gilbert Renfroe, who had a superb season that year was injured, and a less capable John Congemi started in his place. I could be wrong though.
    My recollection is that Renfroe played the entire game and was terrible, and afterwards Obie said the reason he didn't sub in Congemi was that his hands were too small to grip the wet ball . . .

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    My recollection is that Renfroe played the entire game and was terrible, and afterwards Obie said the reason he didn't sub in Congemi was that his hands were too small to grip the wet ball . . .
    You could be right. Either way the QB was terrible, and ergo the offence that day. I just remember that Renfroe was amazing that year, and either didn't play or stunk it up.

Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    I guess none feels it was a joke to release Boyd anymore. No idea what they saw in Kackert that didn't get him to play at all and yet put ALOT of faith in him for throwing Boyd and yet proved they were right.
    I really like how quick Kackert looks, Boyd would usually look slow.
    When Kackert scored that amazing touchdown in Winnipeg, in the '11 preseason, Jim Barker was the coach and was mic'd up. His exact quote during that play was "He's a keeper!" Jim Barker was right.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    You could be right. Either way the QB was terrible, and ergo the offence that day. I just remember that Renfroe was amazing that year, and either didn't play or stunk it up.
    He just stunk it up that day, unfortunately. As an Argo fan, the five most devastating losses have been the five East Division Finals that we have lost at home since the 1980s. That includes the second game of the two-game total point series with Hamilton in '86 when we blew a 26 point lead that we had in the second quarter of the second game IIRC. It is splitting hairs but the most devastating loss was the one in '07 when we had a chance to be in the Grey Cup at home the following week. Quite frankly, it has taken us five years to recover from that one.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    Fifteen years since the argos won a divisional final at home.
    Well, it hasn't helped that Montreal has been the dominant team in the East for those last 15 years. 9 of the last 15 East division titles have been won by the Als. Only 2 by the Argos, and as you pointed out, they lost them both.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    He just stunk it up that day, unfortunately. As an Argo fan, the five most devastating losses have been the five East Division Finals that we have lost at home since the 1980s. That includes the second game of the two-game total point series with Hamilton in '86 when we blew a 26 point lead that we had in the second quarter of the second game IIRC. It is splitting hairs but the most devastating loss was the one in '07 when we had a chance to be in the Grey Cup at home the following week. Quite frankly, it has taken us five years to recover from that one.
    Honestly I almost forgot about the '07 loss, but I'll never forget the loss in '86. I remember feeling going into the second game that it was a sure thing. Obviously not so, and Hamilton went on to win the cup, giving that ArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeAr godome Pal Hal a chance to shine, and rub it into the faces of Toronto fans by putting the ti-cat logo on the ice, and having a congratulatory message posted on the scoreboard screen at the Gardens. What a rotten douchebag, and I for one danced a jig when the son-of-a-bitch died. Amazing that that dirtbag was inducted into both the NHL and CFL HOF's.

Argogabe is a mod here now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Honestly I almost forgot about the '07 loss, but I'll never forget the loss in '86. I remember feeling going into the second game that it was a sure thing. Obviously not so, and Hamilton went on to win the cup, giving that ArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeAr godome Pal Hal a chance to shine, and rub it into the faces of Toronto fans by putting the ti-cat logo on the ice, and having a congratulatory message posted on the scoreboard screen at the Gardens. What a rotten douchebag, and I for one danced a jig when the son-of-a-bitch died. Amazing that that dirtbag was inducted into both the NHL and CFL HOF's.
    After the Ticats upset the Argos in OT in the '84 EF, the Leafs played a rare Sunday night home game that night and Harold put up congratulatory messages to the Ticats throughout the game to the boos of the Gardens crowd. Early the next CFL season, after the Leafs finished 21st out of 21 NHL teams, the Ticats were winless and struggling when Pat Marsden said during a nationally televised game that the Leafs were the worst team in the NHL and the Ticats were the worst team in the CFL and then asked what the common denominator was to both. Harold got the last laugh though as the Ticats eventually got their act together, finished first and made it back to the Grey Cup and the Leafs had a good playoff run the next season. Anyway, those were certainly interesting times for pro sports in southern Ontario and never boring with Harold around - love him or hate him.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Last Toronto Grey Cup we flew in for the eastern final and crapped it to Winnipeg. One year we went out early for Grey Cup and the west final to watch my wifes Stamps getting upset by BC at home. No luck with finals.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was impressed by the way that the Argos responded to the sequence of events that made the game 20-17 in the third quarter. Ray drives the team down field only to throw the interception within the five-yard line. The defense subsequently allowed the Ticats to go all the way down field and score on the 35-yard TD strike to Sam Giguere. The Ticats then make the 2-pt conversion to make it 20-17. That could've been a momentum changer, but I think the Ticats lost that a few drives later when Chris Williams fumbled the football.

Did anyone see whether Chad Kackert was even touched on both of his long TD runs?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    We need to stop give away points when the game seems to have been won already. We did it at least twice this year already.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

I've never been impressed with "past statistics", as a potential pre-cursor when it comes to future games. This is Football, and you win or lose based on your performance on the field, on the day of the game.

Superstition, is the religion of small minds. This I have read, but I agree with the premise. Any team can win any game at any time, assuming they have the pieces in place. Though sometimes, they have to play "outside" of themselves. This is what makes Football a great game.

Ka' Pla !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Well, it hasn't helped that Montreal has been the dominant team in the East for those last 15 years. 9 of the last 15 East division titles have been won by the Als. Only 2 by the Argos, and as you pointed out, they lost them both.
    actually it was 8 by the als and only one by the argos. but hey, who's counting?
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    No one but no one puts words together like you Midnight Blue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The final attendance according to an article was a "Generous 23k"...anyone there able to say other wise? Looked accurate watching on tv.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    That's not the first time that the writer has used the term "generous" to describe Argo attendance. To be honest, I didn't feel like it was as high as some of the other games, perhaps the distribution of fans was different. I don't think the visitors side was as full because less Ticat fans made the trip presumably because of their team's poor play over recent weeks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    That's not the first time that the writer has used the term "generous" to describe Argo attendance. To be honest, I didn't feel like it was as high as some of the other games, perhaps the distribution of fans was different. I don't think the visitors side was as full because less Ticat fans made the trip presumably because of their team's poor play over recent weeks.
    Its been years since I remember more than a handfull of Ti-Cat fans have made the trip to the RC. I fear next year will be bad for them attendance wise since they have not decided where they will call home.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    I haven't felt that way the last few years the Ticats have been in town. Seemed like they filled up much more of the visitors side, but not so much on Saturday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    The final attendance according to an article was a "Generous 23k"...anyone there able to say other wise? Looked accurate watching on tv.
    I was thinking 22-23K during the game, so I don't get the "generous" comment

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    I was thinking 22-23K during the game, so I don't get the "generous" comment
    Evidently the writer felt that the total given wasn't accurate, he or she has used the term "generous" for several Argo games this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Evidently the writer felt that the total given wasn't accurate, he or she has used the term "generous" for several Argo games this year.

I was there and it looked an accurate count.

New Fan
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    The number for bums in the seats was just over 23k.