Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    What was scary about this game was that we won as convincingly as we did while still leaving a lot of points on the field. We had to settle for two short FGs in the red zone early in the game, then had the INT there in the third quarter and had two missed FGs - one from 32 and the other from 37 - which yielded only one point. We probably should have scored at least 57 points today. Regardless, we dominated the Ticats today and when we faced any adversity, just as we have throughout the season, we responded. Like it or not - and I say this because I think that a few fans are reluctant to get their hopes up - this is a contending team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Kackert had an excellent game, probably one of the best games by an Argo running back since Robert Drummond and that's going back quite a ways.

I don't understand though why they brought in Jackson for that one drive near the end of the game, but put Ray back in? Was Milanovich worried about the garbage time TD's?
    Milanovich was thinking about the season series. The Argos now have an 8 point lead in the season series. That means that the Ticats have to win the last game between these two teams by at least 8 points to win the season series. While it may seem unlikely at the moment that Hamilton will catch us in the standings, it is far from impossible and you have to cover all of your bases. I am still irritated that we gave up those two late TDs or else we could be up by 19 points in the season series. Anyway, that last FG was important because it turned a five point lead into eight.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well that was a little bit of all right!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    What was scary about this game was that we won as convincingly as we did while still leaving a lot of points on the field. We had to settle for two short FGs in the red zone early in the game, then had the INT there in the third quarter and had two missed FGs - one from 32 and the other from 37 - which yielded only one point. We probably should have scored at least 57 points today. Regardless, we dominated the Ticats today and when we faced any adversity, just as we have throughout the season, we responded. Like it or not - and I say this because I think that a few fans are reluctant to get their hopes up - this is a contending team IMO.
    Well penalties, and a new kicker (I wasn't impressed with Wilbur's placekicking/kickoffs but his punting was ok) evaporated a number of points. But there are still some remnants of redzone failures lingering around. But redzone failures in a win are much easier to take than redzone failures in a loss.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    That was a lot of alright! Kackert fits this O to an A.haha. The guy is my kind of back. Love that flying touchdown that was obvious and the official missed it. Since the last ten minutes in Hamilton last week the O has looked solid. Mixing things up to various receivers and backs. Inmans a tough guy.Some solid plays by Bradwell and nice to see him getting a chance. Twice he made those on side kick receptions look perfect. Rambo will make a big difference. BC helped us out today as well.
    Great day and here's hoping I finally see a win in BC since we moved here in Oct of 02.

We can't continue to crap it in the redzone and expect to win in BC next week.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Division wins are huge regardless of the circumstances, but this was a pretty solid performance and fun to watch.

In addition to the obvious top performers, I was impressed by Bradwell. One of his catches was in the middle of the field in heavy traffic, and his concentration looked excellent. I'd like to see him used more often at slot/TE looking for those types of passes. He lacks quickness and is fairly easy to tackle, so I don't think he's well suited to the outside.

On the downside Eppele didn't look very good at guard, at least early in the game. I didn't notice him much later on, but I'm not sure whether his play improved, he was subbed out, or whether the demoralized Cats weren't rushing as hard.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Division wins are huge regardless of the circumstances, but this was a pretty solid performance and fun to watch.

In addition to the obvious top performers, I was impressed by Bradwell. One of his catches was in the middle of the field in heavy traffic, and his concentration looked excellent. I'd like to see him used more often at slot/TE looking for those types of passes. He lacks quickness and is fairly easy to tackle, so I don't think he's well suited to the outside.

On the downside Eppele didn't look very good at guard, at least early in the game. I didn't notice him much later on, but I'm not sure whether his play improved, he was subbed out, or whether the demoralized Cats weren't rushing as hard.
    I agree Bradwell seems to have great hands. Not much after the catch, but he seems to have no problem hauling in the catch. I was impressed with both his play, and how many chances he was given. He's not a playmaker, but he's a reliable guy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Bradwell has definitely developed into a reliable receiver who I imagine will continue to get a lot of playing time even when Durie comes back.

Eppele sat out the second half (except for tight end formations) in favour of Parenteau. I don't know if that was planned all along or if he was benched, but he certainly missed a few blocks in the first half. I have to assume the possibility of Reinders getting a shot at RG is looming larger by the week.

That is absolutely correct, Ravi. We could have scored a lot more points. RR was on radio afterwards and mentioned how there were still too many mistakes and failures on offence. And of course there were too many penalties, although some of them (especially the endzone interference call on Watkins) were cheap, and fortunately they didn't cost us today. This was the Argos' most complete performance this season, but there is still considerable room for improvement in all three phases -- which we will need next week in B.C. But we are in first place in the division at the moment, pretty hard to complain about our record (and especially our record in the division, 4-1) at this stage.

Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Bradwell has definitely developed into a reliable receiver who I imagine will continue to get a lot of playing time even when Durie comes back.
    I don't mean to suggest that we should give Bradwell more reps - we have a lot of good receivers who need to see the ball. I just think that when we *do* use him, he should line up inside or at least run more routes that take him inside.

Eppele sat out the second half (except for tight end formations) in favour of Parenteau. I don't know if that was planned all along or if he was benched, but he certainly missed a few blocks in the first half. I have to assume the possibility of Reinders getting a shot at RG is looming larger by the week.
    Thanks for the info. I'm starting to worry about Eppele. If he's only going to be a backup and blocking TE, he'd better learn to long-snap...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I don't mean to suggest that we should give Bradwell more reps.
    I am. he is definitely ahead of Watt on the depth chart, IMO, and I expect all three of those guys will rotate through the twe NI receiver positions the rest of the year.

I'm starting to worry about Eppele. If he's only going to be a backup and blocking TE, he'd better learn to long-snap...
    I've been worried about him for weeks. He seems to have regressed after a very strong second half of last season. It is way too early to give up on him, and IMO he still has much more potential than Parenteau or Jones, but he seems to be playing himself out of the starting lineup.

Achievements:

Level
    I am. he is definitely ahead of Watt on the depth chart, IMO, and I expect all three of those guys will rotate through the twe NI receiver positions the rest of the year.
    Hmm. If pressed I would rank Bradwell ahead of Watt, mostly because I think he'll be more useful as a clutch receiver that worries more about making the catch than YACs. Neither of them have shown an ability to break tackles or beat coverage, but both are effective receivers in soft coverage.

I really don't think Bradwell should get more reps than he is now, though. He could get more of Watt's reps, but Durie's return should mean that Bradwell's overall playing time is reduced a bit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I've been worried about him for weeks. He seems to have regressed after a very strong second half of last season. It is way too early to give up on him, and IMO he still has much more potential than Parenteau or Jones, but he seems to be playing himself out of the starting lineup.
    Eppele showed during the second half of last season that he can play at this level IMO. However, confidence can be a funny thing and I think that he is suffering from a lack of it right now after some early season struggles. They should absolutely not give up on him but how much he will play for the rest of the season is certainly up for debate. I suspect that Reinders will get a shot at RG soon, perhaps as early as next week. I think that the Argos are settled at the other OL positions but RG is the one spot that still needs to be sorted out.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I had a great time at Rogers. It was worth the drive from Montreal to see my first ever argo win on my 8th try. See ya in 2 weeks for a likely first place matchup.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Can't complain about a win, especially a divisional win, and/or a win over the Cats.

The Cats are a bad team. They made waaaaaaaay to many mistakes - dropped passes, bad-timing penalties, dumb penalties, and crappy defense. Cortez may be a very good coordinator, but he is a terrible coach. A lot of their mistakes should never happen at the pro level, and are a result of poor coaching. The Cats lost this game, perhaps more than the Argos won it.

Fantuz and Gigeure had terrible games, again. Gigeure came into this season with all sorts of headlines and potential. At this stage he is a huge disappointment, bordering on bust. Fantuz needs to give money back. I would have never thought that Watt and Bradwell would ever outplay the Ticats NI receivers for a series, let alone back to back games, but here we are. Bradwell's blocking was terrific.

The Argos should have won by many, many more points today. Too many points that they didn't score, and then the two late meaningless scores (which can't make Jones happy) made this score flattering for the Cats.

The Argos have 6 wins right now, and games with Sask, Winnipeg, and one more with Hamilton left. Gotta like the back end of the schedule, and the potential for a 10 or 11 win season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    The Argos have 6 wins right now, and games with Sask, Winnipeg, and one more with Hamilton left. Gotta like the back end of the schedule, and the potential for a 10 or 11 win season.
    A modest 4-4 over their final 8 games will get the Argos to a winning record of 10-8 which would likely be good enough for at least second place (Hamilton and Winnipeg would have to go at least 7-1 over their final 8 to overtake the Argos). I am guessing that they will need at least 11 wins including at least one more over Montreal to finish first. They may even need 12 including one over Montreal to do it. First place has to be the goal however. Since 1982, the Argos are 5-5 in division finals at home and only 2-5 in division finals on the road.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I really don't think Bradwell should get more reps than he is now, though. He could get more of Watt's reps, but Durie's return should mean that Bradwell's overall playing time is reduced a bit.
    It would be impossible for him to get more reps than he is getting now because, with Durie out, he is playing every offensive play. What I meant by more playing time is that when Durie comes back, Bradwell should be rotating in -- a lot. Earlier this season he wasn't getting many snaps even when Durie came off the field -- I daresay that will change, and it is possible and maybe even likely that Bradwell will replace Watt on most snaps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    I had a great time at Rogers. It was worth the drive from Montreal to see my first ever argo win on my 8th try. See ya in 2 weeks for a likely first place matchup.
    Way to go! It was a good ending to your road trip. Makes the 7h drive home much better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    23,061 the final tally. Best crowd in some time.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    23,061 the final tally. Best crowd in some time.
    I didn't think the crowd was that high. The visitors side seemed a little emptier than the last few games. It's possible the poor play of the Ticats kept some of their fans away today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    First place has to be the goal however. Since 1982, the Argos are 5-5 in division finals at home and only 2-5 in division finals on the road.
    Division finals have always been a thorn in the Argos side.They have cost them a lot of Grey Cups considering they are 5-2 in the big game since 1982. The biggest loss being 1988, when they had a 14 win season, yet floundered against a 9-9 Blue Bomber team. I should know, I was at the game, the last ever at ol' Ex, and they stank the rainy joint out.

*Edit* If I remember correctly, Gilbert Renfroe, who had a superb season that year was injured, and a less capable John Congemi started in his place. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by argos1873; 09-09-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I didn't think the crowd was that high. The visitors side seemed a little emptier than the last few games. It's possible the poor play of the Ticats kept some of their fans away today.
    There were a few ticat fans in section 124. The configuration is pretty good in keeping the fans together and close to the action. The Jays should follow their lead for most of their games. I was amazed at the lack of traffic on the way in from Don Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Division finals have always been a thorn in the Argos side.They have cost them a lot of Grey Cups considering they are 5-2 in the big game since 1982. The biggest loss being 1988, when they had a 14 win season, yet floundered against a 9-9 Blue Bomber team. I should know, I was at the game, the last ever at ol' Ex, and they stank the rainy joint out.

*Edit* If I remember correctly, Gilbert Renfroe, who had a superb season that year was injured, and a less capable John Congemi started in his place. I could be wrong though.
    Fifteen years since the argos won a divisional final at home.