Reply to Thread
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level

NFL kickoff tonight! Who'll be watching? Who's your NFL team?

I have to admit I do channel surf unless it's the Vikings especially when the CFL season is still going. Tonight I'll be watching as I don't mind Dallas. I'll watch teams that I don't like who have exCFLers like Miami, Detroit and a few others. Will be keeping an eye on Medlock.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    It's been difficult to watch Minnesota the last few seasons so I admit my NFL watching has scaled back quite a bit. With digital cable you get a better variety of games I guess, but it's hard to get "up" and watch a Buffalo Bills game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I cheer for anyone who plays the Bills. I know that the argument has been made that a strong Bills team in Buffalo makes it less likely that they or any NFL team will end up in Toronto but I still can't cheer for those guys. I just can't and Toronto doesn't really seem to be on the NFL's radar anyway.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    my team is tennessee....im watching now just because nothing else is on, but would never watch an nfl game over a cfl game no matter whos playing

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I can't get into this boring stuff after I made the post. I hate the over the top hype machine. I want to watch football not all the crappy singers leading up to the game. Oh and please sing the friggin anthem and get on with it. These friggin sylists butchering it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I cheer for anyone who plays the Bills. I know that the argument has been made that a strong Bills team in Buffalo makes it less likely that they or any NFL team will end up in Toronto but I still can't cheer for those guys. I just can't and Toronto doesn't really seem to be on the NFL's radar anyway.
    I used to think like you but now I'm neutral on the Bills. I just don't care either way.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I figure the Bills never do squat anyway. I knew no Bills fans in Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    I follow the Detroit Lions year round...and YES...i participate in both a pickem, and suicide NFL pool...so i follow it. (Its football)

That said, I only watch the Lions games until the CFL season is over, after that i watch the NFL whenever its on TV.

The CFL is the BEST, most EXCITING brand of Football ever...and anything ARGO's always comes first....but i'd rather watch football than most other crap on TV.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I admit that I'd probably watch a Vikings game over anything in the CFL not involving the Argonauts with the exception of playoffs.

The Vikings are in pretty tough this year. The Lions, Bears and Packers should all be over .500 so it doesn't leave much opportunity. I am still hoping for an improvement to say 5 or 6 wins. A healthy Adrion Peterson will go a long way to help keep the pressure off Ponder. If you thought the Argos WR corps of the past few years was bad take a look at the Vikings. Percy Harvin is great, but there isn't much more beyond that.
    Last edited by Will; 09-07-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    The New York Jets for me - Big Green Wall.....

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I have such little interest this year. I see The Vikes ending up with another real good draft pick next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I can't get into this boring stuff after I made the post. I hate the over the top hype machine. I want to watch football not all the crappy singers leading up to the game. Oh and please sing the friggin anthem and get on with it. These friggin sylists butchering it.
    I thought the same thing while watching that anthem...Queen Latifah butchered the anthem, turning it into a gospel song that would be more appropriate in a baptist church which was rather odd seeing that it was a national anthem in a football stadium. She dragged it out way too long in my opinion, and that ending was horrible. I know the NFL goes out of their way to show egalitarianism but it's getting a little ridiculous...from the rules that insist certain people get interviewed for jobs to having teams hiring a security detail for certain players...it's becoming a friggin farce.

The coaches look as dumb as most of the modern day players when they wear sweat tops and hoodies on the sideline as a mandate thanks to the NFL's strict merchandise deal with Reebok or whomever it is nowadays. Could you imagine coaching legends Vince Lombardi or Tom Landry in a hoody or sweat top looking like Rob Ryan...how uninspiring and classy.

Do you think Frank Clair, a CFL coaching legend would have been remembered as "the professor" if he dressed like coaches do today. Funny, people laughed at John Huard's orange prison jumpsuit in his first coaching game with the Argos back in 2000, but that would be considered 'formal wear' compared to how most pro football coaches look today...lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    The coaches look as dumb as most of the modern day players when they wear sweat tops and hoodies on the sideline as a mandate thanks to the NFL's strict merchandise deal with Reebok or whomever it is nowadays. Could you imagine coaching legends Vince Lombardi or Tom Landry in a hoody or sweat top looking like Rob Ryan...how uninspiring and classy.

Do you think Frank Clair, a CFL coaching legend would have been remembered as "the professor" if he dressed like coaches do today. Funny, people laughed at John Huard's orange prison jumpsuit in his first coaching game with the Argos back in 2000, but that would be considered 'formal wear' compared to how most pro football coaches look today...lol
    Joe Galat was the last CFL coach to wear a suit on the sidelines back in the mid 1980s. It is a shame that that is no longer an option for coaches although the suit on the sidelines pretty much disappeared in the CFL by the end of the 1960's, other than Galat and Leo Cahill wearing a suit before almost 70k at Olympic Stadium in 1977.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    The NFL is the one league I regularly follow that I do not have a chosen team to root for. I've thought about choosing a team, but I like having this no-team perspective.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Hail to the Redskins!
    I'm new to Canadian football...be gentle. Or flame me, such is life.

Like hockey? Me too! I blog on hockey at Banners On The Wall http://bannersonthewall.wordpress.com (about my team) and Pucks Across the Pond http://www.pucksatp.com about NHL and everywhere else.

Double Blue; in it to win it...or at least beat Hamilton!