My observations after attending the game:

With the roof open, B.C. Place is a beautiful facility, far nicer than the soulless concrete cavern used to be. The retrofit really worked well. The upper deck does not seen nearly as high as the 500 level in Skydome (altho I was in the lower bowl). It is a way nicer stadium than Rogers Centre, IMO.

The game ended up with an exciting finish but I honestly felt that if the Argos had come back to win on the final possession (which could have happened, the way they were playing at the end), the better team would not have won. B.C. looks to be far better than the rest of the league. Their receivers get open constantly, Lulay is a tremendously accurate passer and a very serious running threat, and both of their lines are dominant. I would love to meet them on Nov. 25 (and I think that is very distinct possibility as we are for sure a strong contender to come out of the east), but if we do play the Lions in the Grey Cup and there are no serious injuries between now and then, we should be heavy underdogs.

Props to Watt for proving he can both catch and run. The Mann penalty was a killer altho I haven't seen a replay to know how legit it was. Mann and Owens dropped catchable passes and I believe Riggs had one of those as well. Our o-line still needs a lot of work -- I hope Reinders is ready to play soon although the fact he hasn't even dressed yet leads me to believe he will not see much action this year.