Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level

A Look at Our Receiving Now

We can hardly complain about our receiving, I know some will but to say we have no no.1 is futile, as Owens leads the league in yards. We have the QB with the second most yards of offence.

But our receiving is still an issue... kind of.

OWENS, C TOR 67 938 14.0 52 5
    INMAN, D TOR 36 552 15.3 56 3
    DURIE, A TOR 46 518 11.3 50 1
    WATT, S TOR 28 325
    11.6 47 0
    BARNES, J TOR 18 250 13.9 37 1
    KACKERT, C TOR 19 185 9.7 26 0
    JOHNSON, J TOR 7 117 16.7 52 0
    BRADWELL, M TOR 12 104 8.7 17 0
    RAMBO, K TOR 6 94 15.7 49 0

Congrats to Watt stepping up against BC, I still think he could be a second legit Canadian threat in the number 3 receiving position beside Durie in the #2. Inman and Durie have around the same middling yardage, and are clear #2 an #3 in our core right now.

But Barnes... What is going on with him, he was supposed to be a number 1 or two receiver? Is he even playing anymore in the games?
    Last edited by Wobbler; 09-18-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: I couldn't help myself

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Barnes hasn't played since the loss to the Eskimos on August 27. He had been very disappointing up until that point with the exception of the 25-22 win against the Blue Bombers in July. Owens is obviously Ray's favourite target and will be the Argos first 1,000 yard receiver since Arland Bruce III in 2008. It does become a little bit murky after that, although there have been different players who have stepped up in different games. Durie was Ray's 2nd favourite target, but he's hurt right now (he does seem a bit injury prone), and his drops were a concern before he got hurt. Nevertheless, his presence is very useful in the lineup and I hope he returns quickly. Inman had a very good game against Edmonton, but has been quiet the last three weeks aside from that "post route." Rambo and Mann both looked like they were going to get involved in the offense against Hamilton, but were quiet yesterday. We need one (if not both) of these to step up. Watt has been steadily improving the last couple of weeks.

In conclusion, the Argos have Owens, but after that they have a cast of receivers one of whom needs to be that definitive compliment.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I loved the reply of Owens for his TD last night. He ran, lost his marker, raised his hand, 1-2 seconds later the ball falls to his hands and touchdown!

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I was on Watt but he's now being used and what a killer highlight reel catch. He could indeed turn out to be a good one. Felt so bad on the td run of his. He does have wheels.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I was on Watt but he's now being used and what a killer highlight reel catch. He could indeed turn out to be a good one. Felt so bad on the td run of his. He does have wheels.
    Yes, Watt has wheels, if only Mo Mann would have realized Byron Parker was never going to catch him on that TD reception....oh well, Mann had the teams best interest at heart.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    We were sitting at that end on the goaline basically. It was amazing how he sprinted though a gap on Lions and took off. I need to see more of that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    I think he is under utilized.
    He hasn't been looked too much this year but when he has been he's caught it this season.
    Funny how everyone wanted to kick him out last season because of 3 or 4 drops and Duries done the same this year and nobody wants rid of him...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Maurice Mann, who has only 42 yards (all caught against the league's weakest defence - Hamilton) is not on the receiving list above. He caught no passes against BC and even dropped a couple. Since he was hardly sparkling in his debut as an Argo last year (an understatement), he may be the next to find himself on the PR or gone. While Barnes has hardly been sparkling, he has been better than Mann up to now, which is not a great accomplishment. So Barnes may get another shot or the Argos may try out a late NFL cut soon.
    Last edited by jerrym; 09-17-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Maurice Mann, who has only 42 yards (all caught against the league's weakest defence - Hamilton) is not on the receiving list above. He caught no passes against BC and even dropped a couple. Since he was hardly sparkling in his debut as an Argo last year (an understatement), he may be the next to find himself on the PR or gone. While Barnes has hardly been sparkling, he has been better than Mann up to now, which is not a great accomplishment. So Barnes may get another shot or the Argos may try out a late NFL cut soon.
    As I mentioned on the game day thread, I'm more disappointed in Rambo than I am in Mann. Mann had a rough night--there is no denying that, but Rambo on more than 1 occasion didn't know what he was supposed to be doing. The first time, it cost the Argos a time count penalty. The last time was on the last offensive play the Argos ran, and IMO giving that last play no chance to succeed from the start. Coming out of a time out, there is absolutely no excuse for that. Physical miscues can be overcome, but mental ones kill you.
    It's us vs the rest of the country