Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Prediction:
    ricky ray goes 20 for 24 for 121 yards ... captain check-down is playing his favourite type of defence to make its stats look great and team loses. Argos lose in yet another on the wet coast .... look for a ton of 4 yard receptions. Lions 33 argo 10
    Ray is a damn good quarterback, and yes, he uses the check down process, but many quarterbacks in the CFL are not good enough at checking down to get the job done. Not every check down process results in a check down ( last resort) completion.
    I don't know enough of the Argo offence to know how many 'reads' Ray is designed to take on each play -- do you know ? It may be that some plays are designed to go to the check down receiver after only one or two reads - compensates for ineffective blocking, or takes advantage of motion or ??
    What is "his favorite type of defence " ? -- A QB who is good at the check-down process plays best against man coverage - I doubt the Lions will play mostly man coverage.
    All that said, I'd rather have a "four yard reception" than a sack.
    It's improving every week, but it's not there yet - give it a chance!
    Prediction: Lions 19 Argos 17 -- sorry it's the defending GC champs in their house.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    Ray is a damn good quarterback, and yes, he uses the check down process, but many quarterbacks in the CFL are not good enough at checking down to get the job done. Not every check down process results in a check down ( last resort) completion.
    I don't know enough of the Argo offence to know how many 'reads' Ray is designed to take on each play -- do you know ? It may be that some plays are designed to go to the check down receiver after only one or two reads - compensates for ineffective blocking, or takes advantage of motion or ??
    What is "his favorite type of defence " ? -- A QB who is good at the check-down process plays best against man coverage - I doubt the Lions will play mostly man coverage.
    All that said, I'd rather have a "four yard reception" than a sack.
    It's improving every week, but it's not there yet - give it a chance!
    Prediction: Lions 19 Argos 17 -- sorry it's the defending GC champs in their house.
    Great post (except for the game prediction ).

These comments about checking down are so ridiclous. It appears to me as if many on here would prefer he force the ball down field even if there is nothing there. Ray knows how to play the position as well as anyone in the league, and IMO, is doing a great job, especially considering the struggles of the o-line this year.
    It's us vs the rest of the country