Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    ah come on...
    I know that was a holding but watt had already gotten by all the defenders.
    What a pain.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Level
    the refs are doing their best to just give this game to BC

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    the refs are doing their best to just give this game to BC
    There were some close calls tonight. I thought that Rambo was held on the second to last offensive play and therefore should have been an illegal contact penalty but no luck with that unfortunately. I would love to see us get another shot at these guys on Nov. 25th as we are capable of beating them.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Penalties, penalties, penalties ...

The main call I was concerned with was that 2nd down interference against Ball. At least from the replay, it looked like his hand didn't do much the limit the receiver. I guess all you need to do is tap a guy on the shoulder.

Loss aside, I'm still not terribly disappointed with the team's play. A good push by the offence towards the end made it worth watching to the very end.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    It was a great game. The best part for me was how the protection picked up in the 2nd half. For all those that call Ray captain check down, my point was proven in the 2nd half. Give him time, and he will go down field with great success.

Rough night for Mo Mann. Should have caught that corner route, slipped on a dig route, and got called for a total B.S. holding negating a Watt TD. It may have been a slight hold, but I see receivers doing that down field on almost every play, and it never gets called.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    Just one more sleep until the annual beer shower for me and my Argo jersey. I hope this new one that I bought at the Double Blue Bash last year is moisture repellant.
    You should be good, it has been reengineered don't ya know. Oh wait, thats the 2012 jersey. On second thought, your screwed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It was a great game.
    All you want as an offense is the ball and a chance to win with two minutes to go, which we had.
    The team came to life in the second half and we did take a substantial notch up towards the Grey Cup.
    Now having said that, improvement is necessary with the DB's as those flagrant holding and clutching moves on coverage cost us penalties and probably the game.

Don
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I commend the effort to make a comeback, and realize that we were playing the best team in the league in their house, but moral victories mean jack-all to me right now. My frustration is simply that this team has been at or around .500 the entire season, but cannot take the step into the next tier and both times it has been BC who has prevented the Argos from taking that step.

The defensive secondary probably had their worst game of the year. While the defense played much better in the second half it was the second quarter that did the Argos in pretty much. Too many long gainers and again it seemed that whenever the Argos are getting pressure on the QB that it is just a split-second too late and the QB gets the ball off.

Mann's holding call really, really hurt. It basically forced the Argos to be going for the TD on that final drive rather than a FG. I didn't understand some of the play calling on that final drive either when Ricky went endzone twice in a row when he still had a bit of time on the clock.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    It was a great game.
    All you want as an offense is the ball and a chance to win with two minutes to go, which we had.
    I'd hope for more than that most of the time, but under the circumstances it was good to see...

Now having said that, improvement is necessary with the DB's as those flagrant holding and clutching moves on coverage cost us penalties and probably the game.
    Please don't double-down on your earlier "assertions" without a better argument. Which DBs "probably cost us the game"?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I didn't understand some of the play calling on that final drive either when Ricky went endzone twice in a row when he still had a bit of time on the clock.
    It did seem panicky... I'd have liked to see one hand-off to Riggs on that drive.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    It did seem panicky... I'd have liked to see one hand-off to Riggs on that drive.
    Milanovich was hard on himself for not calling enough run plays on Labour Day and I suspect the he will realize that he didn't call enough run plays tonight either. A draw on first down at the B.C. 20 near the end of the game might have worked perfectly. Riggs only had five carries on the night but averaged almost eight yards per carry.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    that huntley return was hilarious
    You would not have been laughing had the B.C. receiver recovered it in the endzone...which he should have. I was ticked Huntley did not get the TD....too many of his blockers were celebrating instead of paying attention to what was unfolding on the field.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Far too many times the D allowed B.C. to convert on 2nd & long. It seemed like a given. Mo Mann had a night to forget. That penalty on Watt's TD (cut the kid he is invisible) was stupid as he did not have to impede Parkers progress.

Heartbreaking ending to a game that became interesting late. Give the team credit though, with Ray at the helm, you get the feel there is always a chance.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Mo Mann is in my dog house. What I have really noticed this year is that between the NFL and CFL not much difference except that the NFL recievers make the tough catches. If the ball gets to them the catch it. CFL recievers have a harder time finishing the pass off for the QB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    Mo Mann is in my dog house. What I have really noticed this year is that between the NFL and CFL not much difference except that the NFL recievers make the tough catches. If the ball gets to them the catch it. CFL recievers have a harder time finishing the pass off for the QB.
    You could say that the catch Watt made in the 3rd quarter was a tough catch though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Mann had a rough game, but Rambo is more in my doghouse than he is. On 2 different occasions, including the last play, he did not know what he was supposed to do. It cost them a time count the first time, and on the last play, coming out of a timeout, there is no excuse for it. Physical errors can be overcome, but not knowing your assignment is unforgivable.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    You could say that the catch Watt made in the 3rd quarter was a tough catch though.
    It was not a tough catch, it was a really tough catch. Come on, you didn't think I ment every pass to a reciever. I just would like to see a few more of the balls that get into recievers hands caught. I know each game Ray gets the ball in the recievers hands and and the pass is complete. Some throws are a tough catch yes, but the ball is not caught. I think that some of those tough catches should be a completion by a pro reciever. I am talking about all teams. Look at Fantuze, he should be catching some of the balls thrown his way that are "tough" completions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It was not a tough catch, it was a really tough catch. Come on, you didn't think I ment every pass to a reciever. I just would like to see a few more of the balls that get into recievers hands caught. I know each game Ray gets the ball in the recievers hands and and the pass is complete. Some throws are a tough catch yes, but the ball is not caught. I think that some of those tough catches should be a completion by a pro reciever. I am talking about all teams. Look at Fantuze, he should be catching some of the balls thrown his way that are "tough" completions
    Sorry AR, I just thought Watts catch deserved to be mentioned. Owens & Mann, down at the goaline in a big game like this, are two catches this team really really needed to put this team at the next level.

Who is this Fantuz that you mentioned?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I don't agree with that, in the NFL they have 4 downs so they have more chances to catch the ball. We remember the catches and not the ones that slipped away. How many times do they actually use all their set of downs? ALOT.
    I've seen many professionals argue that the difference between those who make it and those who don't make it to the NFL/CFL is slim. The main difference from the NFL and CFL is that in the NFL they have so many options that they pick the ones that are more physical. It's hard to find first round pick WR who is not atleast 6'2". Which is why someone like Chad Owens doesn't get his time in the NFL but manages to be a star in the CFL.

For me the clear difference between us and BC was the time the QB had in his pocket. We almost couldn't collapse their pocket at all and they killed our pocket 80% of the time. The reason why we were able to climb back into the game was because in the 2nd half our OL did a much better job. Every time the OL pushed the LBs back and Ray did a two step forward you just knew it would end up with big yards and did most of the time.

I still think though that if they gave us that disallowed TD we would still lose it just because we would probably make a field goal and Lulay would still have about 2 minutes left to make his own field goal for the win.
    Overall i was happy with the come back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    My observations after attending the game:

With the roof open, B.C. Place is a beautiful facility, far nicer than the soulless concrete cavern used to be. The retrofit really worked well. The upper deck does not seen nearly as high as the 500 level in Skydome (altho I was in the lower bowl). It is a way nicer stadium than Rogers Centre, IMO.

The game ended up with an exciting finish but I honestly felt that if the Argos had come back to win on the final possession (which could have happened, the way they were playing at the end), the better team would not have won. B.C. looks to be far better than the rest of the league. Their receivers get open constantly, Lulay is a tremendously accurate passer and a very serious running threat, and both of their lines are dominant. I would love to meet them on Nov. 25 (and I think that is very distinct possibility as we are for sure a strong contender to come out of the east), but if we do play the Lions in the Grey Cup and there are no serious injuries between now and then, we should be heavy underdogs.

Props to Watt for proving he can both catch and run. The Mann penalty was a killer altho I haven't seen a replay to know how legit it was. Mann and Owens dropped catchable passes and I believe Riggs had one of those as well. Our o-line still needs a lot of work -- I hope Reinders is ready to play soon although the fact he hasn't even dressed yet leads me to believe he will not see much action this year.