Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Sorry AR, I just thought Watts catch deserved to be mentioned. Owens & Mann, down at the goaline in a big game like this, are two catches this team really really needed to put this team at the next level.
    How many potential TDs have been dropped this year or gone through the receiver's hands? I think that we have had had about five of those including two last night. We need our receivers to make those tough catches.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    Mo Mann is in my dog house. What I have really noticed this year is that between the NFL and CFL not much difference except that the NFL recievers make the tough catches. If the ball gets to them the catch it. CFL recievers have a harder time finishing the pass off for the QB.
    Maybe this season it seems like CFL players are having a hard time making catches but historically I must disagree with this. CFL players make hard catches all the time. I have never seen an NFL receiver make a catch look anything like Cahoon's (he has made a lot of tough catches) or like Green's winning TD over SSK in OT 2-3 years ago. Even Owens had 3 great "tough" catches this season. Maybe because Cahoon and Owens are shorter and it forces them to make a tough catch when an NFL guy like T.O, Moss etc. are all 6 foot something and its an easy catch for them. Cahoon imo has the greatest hands of all-time in pro football.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm glad that they made it interesting late. B.C. does seem far better right now but I don't see much room for improvement for them. They are firing nearly on all cylinders. The Argos have plenty of areas in which they need to improve and still hung around to the end which means if the improvements can happen this season and barring an upset in the West the Argos could just take the Grey Cup game (albeit still as underdogs).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I'm glad that they made it interesting late. B.C. does seem far better right now but I don't see much room for improvement for them. They are firing nearly on all cylinders. The Argos have plenty of areas in which they need to improve and still hung around to the end which means if the improvements can happen this season and barring an upset in the West the Argos could just take the Grey Cup game (albeit still as underdogs).
    I agree with you. B.C. is a sound football team but is beatable. They also have the oldest team in the league so there is a sense of urgency for them to win this year but that also could mean that the team runs out of gas later in the season. You just never know. Back in '07 with Jarious Jackson as their starting QB for much of the season, the Lions went 14-3-1 but got knocked off by Saskatchewan in the West Final. If Calgary doesn't get knocked off in the West Semi-Final, I think that they could beat the Lions and thought that they could have last year too. If the Lions do make it to the Grey Cup, they can be beaten though they will almost certainly be the favourites.
    Last edited by ArgoRavi; 09-16-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Finally got home from the game -- whew - long trip.
    I was impressed with Argos progress in many areas. That being said, I was disppointed with the Argos emotional ebb and flow during the game, sometimes from play to play. I know it's tough playing in noisy B C PLace and tough to be compared to the veteran stability of the Lions, but I had hoped for better.
    Emptional letdowns during a game lead to a lack of concentration and intensity -- and the results were obvious seversl times during the game. Missed assignments, blown plays and bad penalties.
    The Argos have no real emotional leadership, and so must rely more on consistency and concentration. They are on the road for a while, so I hope they do better at this next week in Montreal.
    No excuses --- just play !
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    I know it's tough playing in noisy B C PLace . . .
    I meant to post earlier on this -- the crowd was indeed quite loud at times, and the Lions do a much better job of "instructing" fans on when to make noise and when to be quiet. They seem to have a lot fewer commercials on the video board (which hangs over centre field and has a dazzling hi-def display) and they had only a few on-field contests and no on-field host equivalent to Strizzy. All in all it was a very enjoyable game experience, with comfortable seats sloped properly for football, the roof open and a blue sky above.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Got home Sunday night at 8pm after three fun nights in Vancouver. I'm surprised no one else who was at the game mentioned this. Perhaps I'm old school and just want true crowd noise not all that pumped in screeming loud music every time Ricky is huddling up. Then as they break every huddle the announcer yells something like, "MAKE SOME NOISE", WALLY LOVES THE NOISE", THEY DON"T LOIKE THE NOISE"..blah...blah..blah. When did CFL football become the friggin circus? I have no idea how this is allowed. I love hearing the crowd chatter, stupid, silly, funny comments as you do at most stadiums. My last game at BC Place was about two or three years back and it wasn't like this. No doubt this gives added advantage to BC. Just let their 28,000 make the noise not the cranked music. It just wasn't natural at all. Good news is that if I was being yelled at by Lions fans I couldn't hear it. I haven't had an $8 drink at a game in years so now it amazes me on how much piss beer people toss back at those prices. We had our original seats in the endzone but got moved because we were surrounded by a section of spanish talking folks which was fine. However each man and woman had a different perfume or cologne on. Oh man it was horrible. So how is BC getting these folks to games and we're not? Good on them!!! All were having a blast. So we ended up in the section of seats where Argo players friends and family were. That was fun and Lori who flew out for the game was enjoying the $8 drinks in a big way.haha. Great to see her again and Mr Lurker. You know who you are.Show yourself on here.haha. By the way we went to the can and you guys disappeared to the bowels of the stadium. haha.
    After the game I met Pinball's neighbour who chatted with us because he say my jersey. Great guy who's just started a business with Mike. Then upon walking back up Robson we heard thanks for coming out guys from behind. It was Waters and Chris Van Zyel walking back to the hotel or to find a case of beer as Chris was trying to do. Great talking to them and the team was down and all felt this was their game. We talked with a few guys including Owens, Ball and Huntley at the Sutton Place as they filtered back. My wife said see you in Nov to Owens and he paused and said, "Yah You'll See Us in Nov". It was great. I told them that BC swept us in 04 but we got them in the cup. The guys just believe and want it, you can tell. As I started talking about being a very long time fan Huntley stopped and I mentioned how proud I was thay they fougt to the bitter end. They are always up against it at BC Place and now with the foolish music cranking it's even harder. I bet guys had trouble hearing Ricky in the huddle. They could have gotten killed but played BC really tough twice now. We can beat this team. I told the players what I thought about some of those iffy calls. Someone mentioned after that calls that should have been made against the Lions were never replayed on the screen. It's such a homers field. I didn't enjoy the fan experience.

It was great to spend Part of Thursday and Friday night at the Sutton Place Lounge with Hogie, Annunziatta (Hope I spelled that right) Lori Bursey and a few others. Met Rudge and the mother and daughter combo from The Real Housewives Of Vancouver which was very funny. I was joking with my wife about to old ladies all dressed up and sitting at the bar. I was saying look at the two broken down old housewives of Vancouver. Then about 20-30 minutes after in walk the mother and daughter from the show. I got up and my wife took a picture of me with them. Talk about full of themselves but they were very sweet about it. I've caught five or so minutes here and there of the show but there ladies stand out like a cirque performer with the way they dress. All in all great times and I miss going to the games and all that comes along with it. Much easier pill to swallow when your at the game and not on the couch.
    I have a good feeling about this team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Got home Sunday night at 8pm after three fun nights in Vancouver. I'm surprised no one else who was at the game mentioned this. Perhaps I'm old school and just want true crowd noise not all that pumped in screeming loud music every time Ricky is huddling up. Then as they break every huddle the announcer yells something like, "MAKE SOME NOISE", WALLY LOVES THE NOISE", THEY DON"T LOIKE THE NOISE"..blah...blah..blah. When did CFL football become the friggin circus? I have no idea how this is allowed. I love hearing the crowd chatter, stupid, silly, funny comments as you do at most stadiums. My last game at BC Place was about two or three years back and it wasn't like this. No doubt this gives added advantage to BC. Just let their 28,000 make the noise not the cranked music. It just wasn't natural at all.
    It didn't seem like pumped-in noise to me. Sure the fans followed instructions, but good on them for doing so. Every team does versions of "Make some noise!" but the Lions do it a lot better than the Argos do it. And they especially do a good job of reminding/advising fans to be quiet when their own team has the ball.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I took my youngest son to the game (he's 11). After watching his second live game, he is starting to like CFL football. With regards to the game:

(1) the most striking impression, more easily seen than in a tv game, is that the offensive line simply is not up to scratch as BC was on top of Ray on most plays even when they were not blitzing;

(2) the dbs were inconsistent in their coverage doing a good job on some plays but missing or holding receivers on others - certainly not their best game;

(3) our receivers did beat BC's dbs a fair number of time but more often than is normal for professionals dropped the ball, although part of this was rushed passes by Ray due to the pressure he faced;

(4) while Argo dbs got away with some holds early in the game, the final BC TD was partly a function of 3 penalties in a row, 2 of them borderline at best in my opinion;

(5) Riggs looked good on his few running plays, usually making the first tackler miss and scratching for every yard - however giving him only 5 carries and only 1 in the second half was a big mistake because BC was quite willing to let him gain 10 yards because of his skills and focus instead on every play on getting to Ray - Milanovich needs to give the ball more to his RBs to help take the pressure off Ray, especially when he has a far from stellar offensive line protecting Ray;

(6) despite all these weaknesses the Argos made this game close at the end, so improvement in the offensive line, more consistent db play and more running plays means they could still capture Montreal and even beat BC on a very good day;
    (7) the crowd noise is a 13th player like no other in the CFL - I remember when the league in the 1990s clamped down on Calgary's announcer urging the crowd to make noise and yet nothing is done now when not only the announcer but the electronic signs that surround the entire stadium from every angle encourage this, along with music blaring between every Argo play.
    Last edited by jerrym; 09-18-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    My wife remembers the stadium announcer in Calgary losing his job over that. It was over the top loud and obnoxious to me. If that is allowed by the league than Toronto must close the dome for every game and pick out some high volume music or grading music when the visiting teams are huddling up. Why not crank the Wiggles or who ever the kids group was that had the Argos have to move a game. I mean where does this stop. Do you give everyone in the stands blowhorns and lazers. It's not football.
    Last edited by Mulder; 09-18-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Swear Words Removed

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    IMO the BC game tells me that, if the Argos can improve in their weakest areas, they could be in the Grey Cup and maybe even win it. Afterall, BC started last year with a 0-5 record and didn't suddenly look like world beaters after a few wins, but rather like a team steadily improving and eliminating its problems, in part, with the addition of only a couple of players.