Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
Maurice Mann, who has only 42 yards (all caught against the league's weakest defence - Hamilton) is not on the receiving list above. He caught no passes against BC and even dropped a couple. Since he was hardly sparkling in his debut as an Argo last year (an understatement), he may be the next to find himself on the PR or gone. While Barnes has hardly been sparkling, he has been better than Mann up to now, which is not a great accomplishment. So Barnes may get another shot or the Argos may try out a late NFL cut soon.
As I mentioned on the game day thread, I'm more disappointed in Rambo than I am in Mann. Mann had a rough night--there is no denying that, but Rambo on more than 1 occasion didn't know what he was supposed to be doing. The first time, it cost the Argos a time count penalty. The last time was on the last offensive play the Argos ran, and IMO giving that last play no chance to succeed from the start. Coming out of a time out, there is absolutely no excuse for that. Physical miscues can be overcome, but mental ones kill you.