Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level

13thman Engraved on a nation.

Steaming pile of crap. I've seen these fans in all their racist glory. In 95 at Grey Cup. Comment yelled from behind us, It's going to come down to our N's against their N's. Both guys dressed in Riders merch. The famous 13th man Grey Cup the story was based on. We were behind what is normally the Stamps bench in my inlaws season seats. All game long we hear Frogs yelled at the Als along with other racist comments. Dick beside my fater in law tells him he'll be dead before Calgary wins another Grey Cup. In 97 in Edmonton Argo fans heard every name call in the book from Pil drinking Rider fans. I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THEM.

I still have the e-mail from my friend who is one of the top guys at Canada's top polling company from two years ago. The most followed CFL team is Toronto at 30%, Winnipeg is at the bottom and Sask is in 5th spot.
    Argo fans might not wear merch and emotions on their sleeves but we are fans of the most followed team in the CFL. I wish I could post the chart but my buddy wasn't supposted to send it to me.

Hopefully the next in this serious is better because this was lame.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Steaming pile of crap. I've seen these fans in all their racist glory. In 95 at Grey Cup. Comment yelled from behind us, It's going to come down to our N's against their N's. Both guys dressed in Riders merch. The famous 13th man Grey Cup the story was based on. We were behind what is normally the Stamps bench in my inlaws season seats. All game long we hear Frogs yelled at the Als along with other racist comments. Dick beside my fater in law tells him he'll be dead before Calgary wins another Grey Cup. In 97 in Edmonton Argo fans heard every name call in the book from Pil drinking Rider fans. I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THEM.

I still have the e-mail from my friend who is one of the top guys at Canada's top polling company from two years ago. The most followed CFL team is Toronto at 30%, Winnipeg is at the bottom and Sask is in 5th spot.
    Argo fans might not wear merch and emotions on their sleeves but we are fans of the most followed team in the CFL. I wish I could post the chart but my buddy wasn't supposted to send it to me.

Hopefully the next in this serious is better because this was lame.
    TSN has aired at least two or three documentaries in recent years about the Roughrider fans and I was a little concerned in the first little bit of this one that it wouldn't be much different than what we have already seen in the past. However, it picked up steam once they started talking about the '09 Grey Cup. Having said that, I am looking forward to most of the others in this series much more than I was looking forward to this one.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Missed it because of the game. Now when the Rider fan annoys you all you gotta do is put both hands on your head.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    PVR'd it. I'll check it out over dinner tomorrow night. Watched the Raptors/Real Madrid game instead. To all the Raptors haters here, shut up in advanced.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheFan View Post
    PVR'd it. I'll check it out over dinner tomorrow night. Watched the Raptors/Real Madrid game instead. To all the Raptors haters here, shut up in advanced.

The raptors have taken up soccer? my money is on real madrid.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Missed it because of the game. Now when the Rider fan annoys you all you gotta do is put both hands on your head.
    I turned in my jersey at the end of Today's game to get fixed(wrong number sizes) It just so happened that I was wearing my 97 GC Tee-Shirt underneath. Most rider fans were good about it knowing that we really shit the bed. The odd ones I just had to point at my shirt and say "remember?"

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    I turned in my jersey at the end of Today's game to get fixed(wrong number sizes) It just so happened that I was wearing my 97 GC Tee-Shirt underneath. Most rider fans were good about it knowing that we really shit the bed. The odd ones I just had to point at my shirt and say "remember?"
    As a Rider fan, I hope my team have the opportunity to erase that memory as well.

As for the racist, well they are everywhere. I recall my interaction with U of T students several years ago and the amount of anti-jewish comments that came from them shocked me.
    But this is an Argo fan site, good luck against Montreal.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think there is a degree of antisemitism on university campuses, but I'm not going to get into it any further because as you pointed out it is a football site.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I hate seeing that kind of crap in Canada especially because we are one big friendly melting pot that is so much further ahead then our neighbours to the south. The next Engraved On a Nation wil show us that.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    Level
    I basically got what I expected with that one. I bet Roughrider fans won't be too pleased that the bit with Damon Duvall's gloating about having the ring was included.

The next one looks a lot more interesting, and I look forward to the Calvillo one.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Had to get the worst one out of the way early. It wasn't that long ago that Riders weren't filling the joint. It's not like this has been going on for 50 years here. What they showed about die hard Rider fans was no different than any teams die hard fans. We all have our collections, go to games, Grey Cup etc. I know more die hard CFL fans who go to Grey Cup no matter who's in it. Many Rider fans only care about green and white.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Had to get the worst one out of the way early. It wasn't that long ago that Riders weren't filling the joint. It's not like this has been going on for 50 years here. What they showed about die hard Rider fans was no different than any teams die hard fans. We all have our collections, go to games, Grey Cup etc. I know more die hard CFL fans who go to Grey Cup no matter who's in it. Many Rider fans only care about green and white.
    For what it's worth, they are no happier about this on lionbackers.com and ourbombers.com than you are, 1argoholic. Anyway, I look forward to the remaining episodes including this Friday's about former Argo QB Chuck Ealey.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Your right Ravi and I signed up and posted on Lion Backers so far. Friday will be a great one and what our league is all about, not to mention our great country.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    Level
    So I am listening to Prime Time Sports (podcast from 8 Oct) and the round table (Brunt, Friedman and Shannon) is talking about the Raptors and the lack of interest in the team. They were saying that Toronto is screaming, dying and praying for some sort of on field success. There was no mention of the Argos or the CFL.
    How does this relate to the engraved on the nation and the 13th man? Not much I guess but I wish I could bottle that enthusiasm and spread it around the GTA or all of Southern Ontario and get 1 million people who care about a storied franchise who have been around longer than the Leafs.
    Another telling comment from Friedman - (the only CFL reference in the segment) Torontonians don't want to watch Sask or Hamilton, they want to watch New York or Boston. I don't know what you can do to change that perception.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    For those that missed it, it came been seen here. I just watched it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheFan View Post
    I basically got what I expected with that one. I bet Roughrider fans won't be too pleased that the bit with Damon Duvall's gloating about having the ring was included.
    I agree it's what I expected and I thought Duvall's comment was great.

Quote Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
    As for the racist, well they are everywhere.
    Unfortunately, it's true. In any large group you are always going to get a few bad apples. To claim all Rider fans are racists is also a form of discrimination.

Had to get the worst one out of the way early. It wasn't that long ago that Riders weren't filling the joint.
    I'm going to wait until I have seen the other 7 of these before I pass judgment where this one rates. They did touch on the fact the Rider franchise has almost folded a few times.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
    So I am listening to Prime Time Sports (podcast from 8 Oct) and the round table (Brunt, Friedman and Shannon) is talking about the Raptors and the lack of interest in the team. They were saying that Toronto is screaming, dying and praying for some sort of on field success. There was no mention of the Argos or the CFL.
    How does this relate to the engraved on the nation and the 13th man? Not much I guess but I wish I could bottle that enthusiasm and spread it around the GTA or all of Southern Ontario and get 1 million people who care about a storied franchise who have been around longer than the Leafs.
    Another telling comment from Friedman - (the only CFL reference in the segment) Torontonians don't want to watch Sask or Hamilton, they want to watch New York or Boston. I don't know what you can do to change that perception.
    IMHO..... In the larger cities , there is " politics" that enter the picture much too often in the media which makes any passion for a team or interest rather bland. It may even be an Ontario character trait to downplay any excitement or success about a team. Look at the Rock ..... Absolutely nothing reported except the odd..... Oh the Rock won.
    I wonder too, is it the fans that don't want to watch Hamilton and would prefer New York , or is it the media would prefer to report on that.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    No doubt it's a strange Toronto mentality. I thought that when we moved to BC ten years ago that Vancouver reporting would be the same. It's far from the same. Every city team gets great quality coverage as do BCHL hockey and other sports. I will never understand the miserable fools reporting in TO. Why do they hate life so much as to bash the teams that make them have a good living. They always want to report the bad news first. When the news is good that dig for crap or get on the dome isn't good for football rant. I swear it's in the local water.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    No doubt it's a strange Toronto mentality. I thought that when we moved to BC ten years ago that Vancouver reporting would be the same. It's far from the same. Every city team gets great quality coverage as do BCHL hockey and other sports. I will never understand the miserable fools reporting in TO. Why do they hate life so much as to bash the teams that make them have a good living. They always want to report the bad news first. When the news is good that dig for crap or get on the dome isn't good for football rant. I swear it's in the local water.
    I'm pretty sure it has more to do with who hands out the paychecks than the local water. The Argos and The Rock are the only two teams not owned by a larger media group now and The Score is the only sports network with out a team under them.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    For what it's worth, they are no happier about this on lionbackers.com and ourbombers.com than you are, 1argoholic. Anyway, I look forward to the remaining episodes including this Friday's about former Argo QB Chuck Ealey.
    The folks on ourbombers are having a heated discussion with a Prider who joined up there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    IMHO..... In the larger cities , there is " politics" that enter the picture much too often in the media which makes any passion for a team or interest rather bland. It may even be an Ontario character trait to downplay any excitement or success about a team. Look at the Rock ..... Absolutely nothing reported except the odd..... Oh the Rock won.
    I wonder too, is it the fans that don't want to watch Hamilton and would prefer New York , or is it the media would prefer to report on that.
    I've first heard this in 1985 when the Blue Jays made it to the post season for the first time and the Argos had a bad year. Friends that were huge Argo fans in the early 1980's would be telling me in 1985 that it's hard getting excited about the Argos playing teams from Hamilton and Saskatchewan when the Jays are beating teams from New York and Boston.