Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    It ain't easy being a moderator on sites like this. Sometimes one man's "freedom of speech" is 10 man's "this site sucks now so I am leaving"
    I think Ron hit it on the head with his comment.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    You know some of the worlds craziest and funniest people come from the Ukraine. haha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Classic! Oh man that was and still is very funny. Reminds me of my people. haha.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Not entirely true, there have been times recently where you bombarded regular threads in the Double blue room with countless youtube clips, and off-topic drunken jibber. And I don't like or want to see tips for "Scoring" with woman. While we are a little more lenient what goes on in Socible!, some things are still unacceptable.
    Actually, my "In honour of Dontrelle Inman -- The Head-Banging Thread", was the only thread I posted to the Double Blue Room. And since "head-banging", is a slang term for Hard Rock, the rock videos I posted there, were IMO appropriate. And I specifically mentioned/ requested, that the thread should eventually be moved to "Sociable", after Dontrelle (and me), had a bit of fun in the sun. But it doesn't matter. This is still a private forum, even if it is in a public place. I'm just a guest here, and if I've over-stayed my welcome, then I would be happy to just read up here on Argo news, and keep my humour to myself. Also, you are correct that a year ago, or maybe even six months ago, I posted many humour threads to the Double Blue room. That was because that was where all the action and readership was. But I've tried to make sure lately, that my humour goes into the Sociable thread. Now, I may crack a joke or two on the Double Blue forum, but I don't go around derailing whole football threads. In the past, one or two present forum members have stood up for me on that point, but they or others are welcome to chime in here, on whether that remains true now, or not.

Dammit, life would be so much easier, if I was only a Badminton fan.

But I've got fire in my soul !

(Though actually I like Badminton, especially when you get to charge the net, and accidentally take out the whole front row of titties on the other side.)

Ka 'Pla !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I have to say after nearly a year on this site I've thouroughly enjoyed it.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Cool

Ha ! Hilarious !

I actually have one of those hats ... pure Rabbit from Manitoba ... you can wear it with a coat and tie ... especially if you get kicked out of an Edmonton bar, at 1:30 am. I haven't been to Edmonton, but I plan to go on a tour of the Cheemo Perogy Factory there. In February. One of these years.

The beauty of those hats, is that they can be worn formally, or semi-formally. Not that Russians know the difference. But we Ukrainians do. We are a touch classier.

(Hopefully this post will pass the Moderator approval regiment.)

Cheers ! And, Na Zdorovlia !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Hmm....i must say that i will never, or can never agree with the statement above by Mulder "But Freedom of Speech has it's limitations".... no matter how distasteful, everyone has the right to free speech in this country...many good Canadians DIED for us to have that right.
    (like it or not a skinhead has as much right to his/her opinion as Justin Trudeau does - both of which would make ME puke-)

That said, my original post had NOTHING to do with any other members - i actually found out about Midnights plight AFTER -

I guess im old school and just want to hear everything, BAREKNUCKLES, drag out drop down dirty...swear words,the F word, the N word, Goy, whatever...if you dont like it, dont read it.... that said...i know im a DINOSAUR in 2012, cause i enjoy debate from all sides...(and i know most folks get way too offended by "words" these days)

Finally and MOST mportant..Mulder is RIGHT when he encourages everyone on this forum, to attend the MEET and GREETS....they work, they bring ARGOFANS together.

And guess what, even this old fart LIKED T-Bone in REAL life...he is a great guy...(for a soccer fan..hahaha)...he is a bright guy with crazy opinions...(just like me, except for the bright part)

294life...you called it...this is a GREAT forum...and if i could call you "froggy" i would...but i cant, so maybe "kermit" will do?...hehe...(oops im bet im censored now)....
    Last edited by argonaut11xx; 10-16-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Hmm....i must say that i will never, or can never agree with the statement above by Mulder "But Freedom of Speech has it's limitations".... no matter how distasteful, everyone has the right to free speech in this country...many good Canadians DIED for us to have that right.
    You have misinterpreted what I said. There have many people who have tried to get away with things they said in the name of free speech. Hate speech is one example. Defamation of Character is another. Even our our Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms recognizes this. This is what I meant by this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    You folks all understand that my comments are of a general nature, never personal...huge difference...

(BTW...old man Trudeau wrote that CRAP...i prefer the BNA act, and the Red Ensign)

That may help explain where my postions come from...Trudeau DESTROYED my Canada, and we are still PAYING for that elitiest...now his son wants to run the country???...(this punk Justin has never mowed a lawn, let alone had a REAL job)...be afraid..be VERY afraid...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    You folks all understand that my comments are of a general nature, never personal...huge difference...

(BTW...old man Trudeau wrote that CRAP...i prefer the BNA act, and the Red Ensign)

That may help explain where my postions come from...Trudeau DESTROYED my Canada, and we are still PAYING for that elitiest...now his son wants to run the country???...(this punk Justin has never mowed a lawn, let alone had a REAL job)...be afraid..be VERY afraid...
    I hate to say it, But I don't really want personal political views on this site either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Freedom of speech is primarily about citizens having the right to publicly criticize their government. It also has limits, like the deal about how you can't yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theatre. You also can't do things like urinate in public, or blast air-horns at 3 in the morning (unless you don't get caught of course).

It has little to do with (mostly) anonymous posters on a privately owned internet forum. A forum can set whatever rules it wants, again within certain limits. Newspapers don't print every letter they get on the editorial page. They pick and choose, and then edit. We can also choose to not go on that forum, or not read that newspaper.

I don't buy the argument that all words are harmless. Words are actions because that is the basic way we communicate with each other. We have a general freedom to express ourselves in a public setting, but individuals and private organizations are also free to set up certain barriers to not hear what we have to say if they don't like it. But then there is always a delicate balance -- too much freedom without responsibility can lead to anarchy, while too much responsibility without freedom can lead to totalitarianism. Or as Mike Bradwell said recently, with great flow comes great responsibility.

Having said all that crap, I prefer that this forum have as little censorship as possible.
    Last edited by argolio; 10-16-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Freedom of speech is primarily about citizens having the right to publicly criticize their government. It also has limits, like the deal about how you can't yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theatre. You also can't do things like urinate in public, or blast air-horns at 3 in the morning (unless you don't get caught of course).

It has little to do with (mostly) anonymous posters on a privately owned internet forum. A forum can set whatever rules it wants, again within certain limits. Newspapers don't print every letter they get on the editorial page. They pick and choose, and then edit. We can also choose to not go on that forum, or not read that newspaper.

I don't buy the argument that all words are harmless. Words are actions because that is the basic way we communicate with each other. We have a general freedom to express ourselves in a public setting, but individuals and private organizations are also free to set up certain barriers to not hear what we have to say if they don't like it. But then there is always a delicate balance -- too much freedom without responsibility can lead to anarchy, while too much responsibility without freedom can lead to totalitarianism. Or as Mike Bradwell said recently, with great flow comes great responsibility.

Having said all that crap, I prefer that this forum have as little censorship as possible.

Nicely said, Sir.

You'd make one helluva Governor General of Canada, forty or so years from now.

Assuming you cut down on your drinking and whoring, of course.

(Ok, that was just a joke. Fitting perhaps, but still just a joke.)

Cheers !

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    I hate to say it, But I don't really want personal political views on this site either.
    I emphatically agree. No politics please.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Nicely said, Sir.

You'd make one helluva Governor General of Canada, forty or so years from now.

Assuming you cut down on your drinking and whoring, of course.

(Ok, that was just a joke. Fitting perhaps, but still just a joke.)
    Just of curiosity, MB, who are you imagining as the audience for your jokes? If I'm trying to be clever I usually have some idea of who I'm trying to entertain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but... my impression is that you're really just trying to amuse yourself.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Just of curiosity, MB, who are you imagining as the audience for your jokes? If I'm trying to be clever I usually have some idea of who I'm trying to entertain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but... my impression is that you're really just trying to amuse yourself.

I can amuse myself, just by standing in front of a mirror, if I really wanted to.

Unfortunately, I have an inordinate fear of clowns.

My humour is out there, for anyone who can appreciate it.

Besides, mental exercise, helps prevent the early onset of Anheuser's.

Cheers !

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Very well said. I would like to point out:

I don't buy the argument that all words are harmless. Words are actions because that is the basic way we communicate with each other.
    I totally agree. For example:

Anonymous' accusation of Amanda Todd's stalker is false, RCMP say

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    one win friday will make it all better.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Ricky Ray coming back..throwing for 400 yards...Argo's win the remainder of thier games....that would make me relax...

Im sad i cant play in the upcoming Argofan game as well...i figure it would be VERY unfair, probably ME, Argoholic1, and Midnight Blue against everyone else...
    (you poor buggers would be in for a whippin by 3 us old farts..hehe)

I like the way Argolio put it in his post.....so...on to the next topic...

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:

Level
    If they don't like what you post, just like magic your comments disappear. Communist site!! People of mainland China have more rights and freedoms than posters on this Argo site.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    When you post breaks forums rules and contributes nothing to the conversation. It gets deleted. Your lucky I didnt give you a warning.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    If they don't like what you post, just like magic your comments disappear. Communist site!! People of mainland China have more rights and freedoms than posters on this Argo site.
    Oh please.

You know how ridiculous you sound comparing a real-life dictatorship to an internet message board?
    Last edited by Will; 10-24-2012 at 02:38 PM.