Post Game: Barnes' Big Day Not Enough as Argos Fall to Bombers
    Last edited by T-Bone; 10-21-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Post Game

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I was thinking this morning that if Sask beats us at home in two weeks we will have been swept by, BC,Ed and Sask. For some reason we had Calgary's number but they've improved since we played them last. This Argo team has had so many changes and some questionable roster moves made. Barker could have had McDanial who looks great in Calgary for one example. He over estimated Mann, Rambo and Barnes. All have shown little bits here and there but we need more than that. On a bright note Bradwell looks like he's becoming a solid all around player. He makes some nice catches, blocks and a few sweet special teams tackles. If we can bring along Harris and Collaros, find a few gems at receiver, another Kackert,(not big on Riggs) and figure out our O line and special teams this team could be heading in the right direction for the next few years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    I know the Ray factor, but we seem to be going backwards the last several weeks with 4 losses out of 5.
    The schemes appear very vanilla, no imagination in the run pass combo. In fact, the running game has been abandoned.
    Even with Jackson passing some 40 attempts yesterday, he really was pressured as the O-line was collapsing around him.
    The Defense is not much better, not a lot of pressure by the line while the pass coverage is horrible giving up the big plays almost every game.
    Heck even the special teams which O'Shea showed great imagination in previous years, has struggled as Owens has not really come close to returning for a TD.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Everyone thinks we're doing ok because Winnipeg and Hamilton have been horrible. I don't care about those two teams, I want to see some solid play from a team that's struggled for many years now. Milanovich needs help. He seems over his head. He needs to show some passion and give some crap out there. We don't need another Andrus or Huard. Barker do something and find some better talent. I've been saying what I thought we needed since last year. I'm no football genius but it's obvious that our receivers are lacking. The frustrating thing is that so many other teams are stacked at receiver. I knew Ray was good but won't be the only answer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Everyone thinks we're doing ok because Winnipeg and Hamilton have been horrible. I don't care about those two teams.
    Can't blame ya.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    It was a horrible game, but I'm not overly concerned about this team. Yes, they have lost 4 out of 5, but Ray has played less than a quarter in the last 4 games. The last game he played substantially in, he had the Argos in position to win in B.C. place. Jackson is just not a consistent enough QB to have to start multiple games in a row. Never has been. There is a reason that both Buck Pierce and Travis Lulay very quickly passed him on the depth chart in B.C. He can be lightning in a bottle, but don't expect a consistent performance from him. I never did understand why a few on here were so high on him, and thought the Argos missed the boat by not going after him 3 years ago. I know I took heat from those same posters for my thoughts on him over the last couple of years, but he is what he is. A decent back up and great team guy.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    We basically only gave up 17 points on D and forced them to punt 8 times. Considering the pressure the D was under because our offense only generated about 260 yards and punted 11 times (not to mention the challenge of playing Calvillo), I'm not faulting the D for this game even with a couple of breakdowns.

It should be noted that in three full games under Jarious Jackson, our offense has averaged about 270 yds a game. That's a pretty bad number. I don't like the idea of throwing Harris out there, but does JJ deserve another start if Ray can't go?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Win this week and the last 2 games are meaningless. Might it be worthwhile to put Harris in there for one of the last 2 to see what they have? Ditto Collaros?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    Win this week and the last 2 games are meaningless. Might it be worthwhile to put Harris in there for one of the last 2 to see what they have? Ditto Collaros?
    I'm not a believer of that. Ray has basically missed the last 4 games. I want him to be sharp going into the playoffs. He needs the playing time now.

Having said that, The last 2 might not be meaningless, either. If the Argos win Friday and lose the last 2, Hamilton winning all three would put them in a tie with 8 wins. Then it would come down go margin of victory in the last game. Right now, the Argos are +8 in points for and against vs. the Ti-Cats. Should it come down to the last game, a Cats win by 8 or more, could be very bad.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

Having said that, The last 2 might not be meaningless, either. If the Argos win Friday and lose the last 2, Hamilton winning all three would put them in a tie with 8 wins. Then it would come down go margin of victory in the last game. Right now, the Argos are +8 in points for and against vs. the Ti-Cats. Should it come down to the last game, a Cats win by 8 or more, could be very bad.
    As bad as this sounds, it would be a great thing for the Argonauts media profile in this town. A battle with Hamilton for the home playoff game might wake some people up towards the Argos. When we win (or lose by less than 8), the Argonauts would have a head start on getting some attention for the playoff run, and maybe start to build some surprisingly good interest. Backing into the playoffs with 2 meaningless games obvi won't do anything for extra fan interest. But that last game would draw easy 30+ if it mattered.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    This week against Winnipeg is no gimmy and this team doesn't do anything the easy way. I frankly don't see a win in Sask happening and if Williams returns one against and runs wild on us in that last game that might be all they need. I've been saying this for weeks now but once again this week is HUGE. You must beat Winnipeg. If we lose this and then head to Sask on a down note, oh man it could be a real scary last few weeks. We could go from having an ok season with some improvement to fading like the Leafs. Think I'll have to switch from vodka to Seadog Red Ale for Friday. haha

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    This week against Winnipeg is no gimmy and this team doesn't do anything the easy way. I frankly don't see a win in Sask happening and if Williams returns one against and runs wild on us in that last game that might be all they need. I've been saying this for weeks now but once again this week is HUGE. You must beat Winnipeg. If we lose this and then head to Sask on a down note, oh man it could be a real scary last few weeks. We could go from having an ok season with some improvement to fading like the Leafs. Think I'll have to switch from vodka to Seadog Red Ale for Friday. haha
    i hear your fear in this winnipeg game we could be hard press to beat them and we have to . i think we are still a better team but we have to play top level to do it .my biggest worry is injuries that could happen

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Word is Buck is cleared to play for this week anyway. Look for all the experts to pick Winnipeg not only to beat the Argos but to land a playoff spot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'd rather hear that Ray was cleared to play.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    I'd rather hear that Ray was cleared to play.
    We still received no definitive answer from Mr. Milanovich on this topic.

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Word is Buck is cleared to play for this week anyway. Look for all the experts to pick Winnipeg not only to beat the Argos but to land a playoff spot.
    not only a playoff spot but a sure trip to the big game.actually alot of people here are hoping that buck would retire but he wont

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    We still received no definitive answer from Mr. Milanovich on this topic.
    I think that I saw on TV (CHCH I believe) that Ray is "likely" to play on Friday night. It could be that Milanovich wants to have the Bombers spending some of their practice time preparing to play against Jackson as well.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Why do fans always want to rush a young QB into the hot seat? Harris should not play at all this year and develop. That's how all the "developing" teams have done it with the young guys.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by larz-7 View Post
    not only a playoff spot but a sure trip to the big game.actually alot of people here are hoping that buck would retire but he wont
    I know Jones will be sending blitzing LBs again Friday, Buck is going to get hit again at some point & I would hate to see him leave another game, but that is not only his choice but the choice of Winnipeg Blue Bombers organization.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Interesting. We've activated Emmanuel Marc off the PR to back up Kackert. Riggs has gone to the PR. Given Kackert's recent issues I think we'll dress Marc (and sit Mann and Payton), so maybe we'll get a chance to see him once or twice.