Thread: Vanier Cup

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Vanier Cup

After getting my Grey cup tickets today, i just realized we didnt get vanier cup tickets this year like we did in 2007....did anyone else know that we werent getting them included? i did receive emails earlier to buy them at a discounted rate, but ignored them thinking they were included....is anyone else surprised by this or am i the only one?
    Last edited by matchuk; 10-22-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I received Vanier tickets with some of my tickets. ie. I had ordered 12 grey cup tickets initially, and received 12 Vanier tickets but a month ago I bought 2 more grey cup tickets and did not receive Vanier tickets for those seats. Just opened the ticket package today and its too late to call the office. I wonder if it has something to do with ordering early.... you get the Vanier tickets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    After getting my Grey cup tickets today, i just realized we didnt get vanier cup tickets this year like we did in 2007....did anyone else know that we werent getting them included? i did receive emails earlier to buy them at a discounted rate, but ignored them thinking they were included....is anyone else surprised by this or am i the only one?
    I believe STHs who bought GC tix were offered VC tix for free, but you had to expressly ask for them. I did and got both GC and VC tix in the same package. I think ignoring the notes was probably your downfall.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I believe STHs who bought GC tix were offered VC tix for free, but you had to expressly ask for them. I did and got both GC and VC tix in the same package. I think ignoring the notes was probably your downfall.
    Damn. Yeah I'm a season ticket holder, but only recall an email or two about special rates for vc tix. I honestly don't recall anything about free tix. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow and see if I can score a pair. I also bought my gc tix the day they were available.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    The free Vanier Cup tickets are only for people who bought Grey Cup tickets in the double blue section (the top ticket price). I received an email on July 11th that showed that I was entitled to these free tickets but I had to reply by the end of July or they would go on sale to the general public.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    The free Vanier Cup tickets are only for people who bought Grey Cup tickets in the double blue section (the top ticket price). I received an email on July 11th that showed that I was entitled to these free tickets but I had to reply by the end of July or they would go on sale to the general public.
    thanks for the info...just found this out today too...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I had to buy mine separately. It'll be tough to top last year's game.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I may go depending on the matchup, the only reason I went last year was because I got some free tickets outside the commissioner's state of the league speech. It'll probably take the same thing this year to convince me to go.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    If the Dino's make it my wife will want to go. It was a blast last year. I've been two about 10 Vaniers and have always enjoyed the games.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Well Laval is killing Acadia at the half. Acadia can't do anything and I hate Laval.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The best football team in Hamilton is going to the Vanier Cup for the 2nd year in a row.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Well Laval is killing Acadia at the half. Acadia can't do anything and I hate Laval.
    I am sick of Laval myself. I was disappointed when the University of Montreal was upset by Sherbrooke because I knew that was the only team that would have had even a remote shot of knocking off Laval. Oh well, at least the Vanier Cup should be a close game next week after two blowouts in the semi-finals.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    It's an intriguing storyline to be sure even if people are tired of Laval. Should get a descent amount of people coming down the QEW. They need a consolation prize.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I will be in attendance Friday night.....just looking for a good game that involves great young Canadian football players.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Disapointing that both semis were blow-out type games; but clearly the 2 best teams won with dominant performances; should be a great Vanier re-match - and i'll bet on Mac - Laval still a powerhouse program but they have an inexperienced QB compared to Quinlan and not as many 4th or 5th year vet stars like some seasons ... hopefully there is a big crowd and a lot of enthusiasm for this Canadian football classic - any wannabe media types going to show any respect for this game?

Mac deserve a lot of credit for putting together a great team IMO. Ptaszek is a superb football mind / HC; he should be on the top of the list for any CFL team looking for a bright new HC - but he won't be (even if he was interested and i have no idea there); and Quinlan has been superb at QB - a total package of arm strength & accuacy, smarts, mobility, leadership, etc; very sad IMO that he won't get a real shot to play QB in the pro league in his own country. Mac have some very good players who should be top CFL prospects - like DE Ben D'Aguilar (set a CIS sack record this season); and receiver Robert Babic looks to have great hands; like to see the Argos try to draft either of these guys next spring - but i won't hold my breath there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Disapointing that both semis were blow-out type games; but clearly the 2 best teams won with dominant performances; should be a great Vanier re-match - and i'll bet on Mac - Laval still a powerhouse program but they have an inexperienced QB compared to Quinlan and not as many 4th or 5th year vet stars like some seasons ... hopefully there is a big crowd and a lot of enthusiasm for this Canadian football classic - any wannabe media types going to show any respect for this game?
    Disappointing yes, but not a surprise. I'm really worried about the furture of CIS football. There is clearly a a tier of teams that are good, but many just are not. A look at the entire season schedule appeared to have more big blowouts than not this season. Furthermore, the final 4 consisted of the exact same teams as last year, with the same 2 teams advancing in blowout fashion. I really hope the weaker teams can do something to recruit more depth and make the leagues a lot more competitive.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    apparently they are going to open up the 500 level for the vanier cup, with over 30,000 seats sold already...

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sounds like ticket sales are going well. Just received notification that event organizers opened the east side of the 500 level at the dome. All 500 level tickets are on-sale now for $40 (all fees included).

I'll be there - looking forward to the rematch of last year's overtime thriller.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntdog View Post
    Sounds like ticket sales are going well. Just received notification that event organizers opened the east side of the 500 level at the dome. All 500 level tickets are on-sale now for $40 (all fees included).

I'll be there - looking forward to the rematch of last year's overtime thriller.
    yep, just went online and found 500 level tickets....this is good for cis

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Disappointing yes, but not a surprise. I'm really worried about the furture of CIS football. There is clearly a a tier of teams that are good, but many just are not. A look at the entire season schedule appeared to have more big blowouts than not this season. Furthermore, the final 4 consisted of the exact same teams as last year, with the same 2 teams advancing in blowout fashion. I really hope the weaker teams can do something to recruit more depth and make the leagues a lot more competitive.
    As a Waterloo grad, I certainly hope so. Except for a few years during the mid to late 1990's, Waterloo has had bad teams. I remember one season around 1980 when I was a student there, the OUA consisted of 8 teams but they put the 4 best teams in 1 division (Western, Laurier, Guelph, Toronto) and the worst 4 in the other division (Waterloo, Windsor, McMaster, York) and the 2 top teams in each division made the playoffs. I remember Waterloo making the playoffs but getting blown out. It may have been Waterloo's first football playoff game. Anybody else remember this?