Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Since the game was in Vancouver last year I was able to attend the Bash. I seem to recall that there was a fee, 10 bucks maybe and that got you a pin and you're in. I bought a white Chad Owens jersey from Chad Owens but was too embarrassed to ask him to autograph it since I'm about twice his age. What I remember most was that Pinball was there and he had time for everyone. I buttonholed him for about five minutes as he was trying to scoot out the door but he cahtted with me like long lost brothers and he wasn't leaving until he had shook every hand in the room, Argo fan or not.

Boatman
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    TIGERTOWN is Friday and Saturday night, always a Great time with Great Bands !! 54-40 played Edmonton.

Where: Metro Toronto Convention Centre - Hall F
    Time: 6:00pm - 1:00am
    The Rockinest party at Grey Cup will be tearing down the house with this year’s edition of TigerTown, The Wrecker’s Ball!
    It’s the end of an era as we tear down historic Ivor Wynne Stadium to make room for what promises to be the best place in the country to catch a football game. Come and celebrate the old and the new at the Wrecker’s Ball.
    We’ll be open from 6pm to 1am on Friday and feature the Grey Cup between 6pm and 7pm, Cheer Team appearances, Hamilton’s own Life of Riley as well as The Dave Rave Band Rockin’ it out all night long!
    We’ll do it all again on Saturday as we open the doors at 4pm with Small Town Get Up, Two For The Show, Life of Riley, and all the way from Halifax Nova Scotia, our favourite East Coaster’s, POGEY!
    Pigskin Pete will be playing tunes and pumping up the party both nights!!
    Tickets are $20 for each night and they can be purchased by calling 905 547 2287.

http://100thgreycupfestival.ca/en/ev...igertown-11-23
    Last edited by tc23; 11-04-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Anyone know if alumni attend these events? I know there is the alumni luncheon but $199-$250 is quite a lot of dough. Then the pregame party is like $125-150. I wouldn't mind taking a chance at $20. I got so many things at home that need to be shared. I've got scrapbooks full of photos from 1940-1975 and every chance I get I give them a copy. Some guys like Gene Mack even ask for a copy to be emailed to them.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    You'll be bumping into CFL alumni and current players everywhere. Not sure you want to hauling a ton of stuff around though. I pick my spots as in parties especially since I had a horrible year work wise making SQUAT! I've been layed up with a bad elbow. Not exactly cheap coming in from Vancouver Island to start with. You could make yourself crazy thinking about trying to hit every bloody party. I'm happy seeing people I know from everywhere. If I don't see a few there's always next year.

New Fan
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    My Summary of the team parties I've been to over the years.

Touch Down Manitoba

Based on my experience, Touchdown Manitoba always seems to consistently have a top notch party. They always have a really good cover band that gets the crowd pumped. The Winnipeg Police Pipe Band puts on a fantastic performence. If you like bagpipes and drums, its right up your alley.
    There's always seems to be a big dance floor so once you get your liquid courage meter charged up you can bust a move on the dance floor.
    They sell tickets in advance, which I like because it guarantees you entry that way you're not wasting time waiting in line. Tickets are $18 and can be purchased from the Bombers website.

Probably the most enticing thing about TD Manitoba is they have free food. The price of admission includes a buffet lunch that is served a few hours into the party. They also do lot's of draws for prizes. Overall, this one is probably my favourite.

Double-Blue Bash

Over the years it has been hit and miss. (Sometimes a miss entirely because in 2008 when the cup was out in Montreal, the party never happened at all). One good thing about the Double-Blue bash is they always have lot's of player apperances. They've always done a good job with that. If you want a picture or an autograph from your favourite Argo, checkout the Double-Blue Bash.

Last year in Vancover Arland Bruce even stopped in for a bit (even though he was playing in the Grey Cup 2 days later). Entry into the party was $10 last year for BOTH days (Friday/Saturda). So much cheaper than most other parties that were charging $20 for one day of entry. However, this year, like in 2007 when the cup was in Toronto, entry was free. Last year "Two for the Show" played. They are a great cover band. They also had TV's and were showing the Vanier Cup on the Friday for people who didn't end up going to the game.

Spirit of Edmonton

One of the best thing about Spirit of Edmonton hospitality suite is that its free to get in and the drinks are usually cheaper than the other parties. They always have a pretty decent cover band. They consistently have a huge crowds but there never seems to be a line to get in. Maybe I've just been lucky?
    They never have their party in the same location as the other teams. It's always at a hotel. This year is no different. This may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you see it.
    This year it's at the Sheraton Centre I believe. About 3 subway stops from Union (where the convention centre is).

Riderville

$20 to get in. Consistently the most crowded and hard to get into party. Riderfans come from EVERYWHERE. If you want to attend Riderville on the Saturday of Grey Cup weekend, get there no later than 2pm or get ready to wait in an EPIC lineup. Knowing this, I remember we went to Riderville in 2010 (Edmonton). We went on the Thursday. I think the doors opened at 4pm. We showed up at 6pm and it was dead. By 7pm the place was PACKED and a huge lineup started forming.
    We ended up talking/drinking with these guys from Regina who just drove something like 10 hours to get there and had literally just arrived in Edmonton about 10 mins before that. They were so excited to be done that road trip and get the party started. A few of them pulled out flasks of whiskey they had snuck in and began to drink it like it was water in celebration of making it to Edmonton. I'll never forget that! One of the guys was puking in the bathroom less than 2 hours later. lol. He was mixing beer with whiskey.
    We attempted to go back to Riderville on the Friday/Saturday around 6pm again but the lineup was just insane. Security said we probably wouldn't get in so we checked out other parties.

Lions Den

I've only been once. In Montreal (2008). We were on our way and we ran into some fans from Saskatchewan who actually had VIP passes to Lions Den. They said they didn't plan on going back so they gave us their passes. Saved us $10 each. The place was inside a bar. Kind of like Double-Blue bash in 2009. Only problem was that the drinks were really expensive. $7 per shot/mixed drink.

Funny story, my buddy (a Bombers fan) goes to the bar and orders a White Russian (he orders a double). A white Russian already has 2 shots in it so a double would have 4 shots. That's exatly how the bar tender rang it up. She charged him $28 for the Double White Russian. My buddy said he didn't want it anymore (after she already made the drink) and the bar tender refused to serve him for the rest of the night. We felt sorry and bought him some drinks.
    Anways, "Two For the Show" ended up playing at the Lions Den and they, as always, put on one hell of a show.

Last year the Lions Den was inside the Vancouver Convention centre like most of the other parties. They were also charging $10 to get in last year I think.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Holy Crap. Not so funny a story for your buddy. He should have told her he wanted the whole bottle for that. hahaha

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    Since the game was in Vancouver last year I was able to attend the Bash. I seem to recall that there was a fee, 10 bucks maybe and that got you a pin and you're in. I bought a white Chad Owens jersey from Chad Owens but was too embarrassed to ask him to autograph it since I'm about twice his age. What I remember most was that Pinball was there and he had time for everyone. I buttonholed him for about five minutes as he was trying to scoot out the door but he cahtted with me like long lost brothers and he wasn't leaving until he had shook every hand in the room, Argo fan or not.
    that's right. it was ten bucks and you got a pin. there were no chairs to sit on though.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Boatman
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    My Summary of the team parties I've been to over the years.

Touch Down Manitoba

Based on my experience, Touchdown Manitoba always seems to consistently have a top notch party. They always have a really good cover band that gets the crowd pumped. The Winnipeg Police Pipe Band puts on a fantastic performence. If you like bagpipes and drums, its right up your alley.
    There's always seems to be a big dance floor so once you get your liquid courage meter charged up you can bust a move on the dance floor.
    They sell tickets in advance, which I like because it guarantees you entry that way you're not wasting time waiting in line. Tickets are $18 and can be purchased from the Bombers website.

Probably the most enticing thing about TD Manitoba is they have free food. The price of admission includes a buffet lunch that is served a few hours into the party. They also do lot's of draws for prizes. Overall, this one is probably my favourite.

Double-Blue Bash

Over the years it has been hit and miss. (Sometimes a miss entirely because in 2008 when the cup was out in Montreal, the party never happened at all). One good thing about the Double-Blue bash is they always have lot's of player apperances. They've always done a good job with that. If you want a picture or an autograph from your favourite Argo, checkout the Double-Blue Bash.

Last year in Vancover Arland Bruce even stopped in for a bit (even though he was playing in the Grey Cup 2 days later). Entry into the party was $10 last year for BOTH days (Friday/Saturda). So much cheaper than most other parties that were charging $20 for one day of entry. However, this year, like in 2007 when the cup was in Toronto, entry was free. Last year "Two for the Show" played. They are a great cover band. They also had TV's and were showing the Vanier Cup on the Friday for people who didn't end up going to the game.

Spirit of Edmonton

One of the best thing about Spirit of Edmonton hospitality suite is that its free to get in and the drinks are usually cheaper than the other parties. They always have a pretty decent cover band. They consistently have a huge crowds but there never seems to be a line to get in. Maybe I've just been lucky?
    They never have their party in the same location as the other teams. It's always at a hotel. This year is no different. This may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you see it.
    This year it's at the Sheraton Centre I believe. About 3 subway stops from Union (where the convention centre is).

Riderville

$20 to get in. Consistently the most crowded and hard to get into party. Riderfans come from EVERYWHERE. If you want to attend Riderville on the Saturday of Grey Cup weekend, get there no later than 2pm or get ready to wait in an EPIC lineup. Knowing this, I remember we went to Riderville in 2010 (Edmonton). We went on the Thursday. I think the doors opened at 4pm. We showed up at 6pm and it was dead. By 7pm the place was PACKED and a huge lineup started forming.
    We ended up talking/drinking with these guys from Regina who just drove something like 10 hours to get there and had literally just arrived in Edmonton about 10 mins before that. They were so excited to be done that road trip and get the party started. A few of them pulled out flasks of whiskey they had snuck in and began to drink it like it was water in celebration of making it to Edmonton. I'll never forget that! One of the guys was puking in the bathroom less than 2 hours later. lol. He was mixing beer with whiskey.
    We attempted to go back to Riderville on the Friday/Saturday around 6pm again but the lineup was just insane. Security said we probably wouldn't get in so we checked out other parties.

Lions Den

I've only been once. In Montreal (2008). We were on our way and we ran into some fans from Saskatchewan who actually had VIP passes to Lions Den. They said they didn't plan on going back so they gave us their passes. Saved us $10 each. The place was inside a bar. Kind of like Double-Blue bash in 2009. Only problem was that the drinks were really expensive. $7 per shot/mixed drink.

Funny story, my buddy (a Bombers fan) goes to the bar and orders a White Russian (he orders a double). A white Russian already has 2 shots in it so a double would have 4 shots. That's exatly how the bar tender rang it up. She charged him $28 for the Double White Russian. My buddy said he didn't want it anymore (after she already made the drink) and the bar tender refused to serve him for the rest of the night. We felt sorry and bought him some drinks.
    Anways, "Two For the Show" ended up playing at the Lions Den and they, as always, put on one hell of a show.

Last year the Lions Den was inside the Vancouver Convention centre like most of the other parties. They were also charging $10 to get in last year I think.
    And the Best one you have missed out on.................................

TIGERTOWN is Friday and Saturday night, always a Great time with Great Bands !! 54-40 played Edmonton.

Where: Metro Toronto Convention Centre - Hall F
    Time: 6:00pm - 1:00am
    The Rockinest party at Grey Cup will be tearing down the house with this year’s edition of TigerTown, The Wrecker’s Ball!
    It’s the end of an era as we tear down historic Ivor Wynne Stadium to make room for what promises to be the best place in the country to catch a football game. Come and celebrate the old and the new at the Wrecker’s Ball.
    We’ll be open from 6pm to 1am on Friday and feature the Grey Cup between 6pm and 7pm, Cheer Team appearances, Hamilton’s own Life of Riley as well as The Dave Rave Band Rockin’ it out all night long!
    We’ll do it all again on Saturday as we open the doors at 4pm with Small Town Get Up, Two For The Show, Life of Riley, and all the way from Halifax Nova Scotia, our favourite East Coaster’s, POGEY!
    Pigskin Pete will be playing tunes and pumping up the party both nights!!
    Tickets are $20 for each night and they can be purchased by calling 905 547 2287.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Just because your older doesn't mean you can't still ask a player to sign your jersey. WTH, go for it. Just turned 50 and I still get guys to sign my Argoholics coveralls. No big deal.