Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    It was a BAD call. But it was for un-necessary roughness not the horse collar, that's why it was an even worse call. It was necessary because he had to tackle him. Nothing wrong with the TACKLE at all. Its a part of the human game, some calls work for ya, some against. Kinda like we think there are more red lights then green when at the end of the day we see more green lights.
    Being the most penalized team in the CFL, the Argos are going to be subject to those kind of poor calls when they show aggressiveness..Suiter made comments on another penalty call against Watkins (illegal contact on a receiver on a running play where Joseph & Boyd got mixed up) as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by crmsntide View Post
    First off, Don did a fantastic job in my place. I am sorry to hear that some of you are not happy with the job I did this year. If you have any constructive things to say to help me be better, I am all ears! You must remember that I can only do what the Argos allow me to do, and while it gets somewhat tedious, to constantly encourage the crowd to chees, especially when the team is not playing well, that is what the brass wants! Fortunately Don did not have to deal with that yesterday as the team played amazing. C
    With all due respect, the biggest difference between you and Don Landry is that Don really knows the league better than you do. I don't want to sound mean, but IMO, you don't know the players as well as someone that does PA announcing should. I really thought that the mispronounced names would have gone away when you took over from the last guy, but they did not. You really need to do better homework on the league.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I saw Boyd just snap back on that collision...that was rare.
    It was kind of amusing actually the way he did that.

I also want to give credit to the specials yesterday. The coverage downfield was good (except for that one return called back) plus #2 got his first return TD of the season, which put the Argos in the lead to stay.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Did anyone else notice that the Argo players (the big players at least) kiss each other on the cheek all the time? I found it a bit disturbing.

Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the Argo players (the big players at least) kiss each other on the cheek all the time? I found it a bit disturbing.
    That's Adriano Belli aka the Kissing Bandit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    With all due respect, the biggest difference between you and Don Landry is that Don really knows the league better than you do. I don't want to sound mean, but IMO, you don't know the players as well as someone that does PA announcing should. I really thought that the mispronounced names would have gone away when you took over from the last guy, but they did not. You really need to do better homework on the league.
    Pronouncing names correctly is Job 1 for any PA announcer. crmsntide did a better job of that than some of the announcers we've had in recent seasons, but still got some names wrong this season, including some on the Argos. The announcer needs a phonetic guide for every single player in the league, and then must memorize the correct pronunciations for each. Not an easy task, but definitely not impossible. Each team's PR staff can help with their own players. I agree with AV that very deep knowledge of the league is a necessity, as is a very reliable spotter to advise on down and distance (which was mostly fine this season, BTW).

New Fan
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Can anyone tell me why all the in game advertising and in game promotions were changed from the regular season....no bet 360 no wendys build a burger, all of a sudden via rail sponsors first down...no piza pizza box shuffle

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Torontolaw View Post
    Can anyone tell me why all the in game advertising and in game promotions were changed from the regular season....no bet 360 no wendys build a burger, all of a sudden via rail sponsors first down...no piza pizza box shuffle
    CFL owns the rights to all playoff games. So it's their job to get sponsors and whatnot. Teams can buy out the CFL for like $700,000 I think.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    In 2007 at the Vanier Cup the Manitoba RB had a gruesome looking injury!

I don't think anything tops Napoleon McCallum the Raiders RB in 1994.
    I remember being there and hearing the entire stadium go "ooooohhhhhhhh" when they showed the replay.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Pronouncing names correctly is Job 1 for any PA announcer. crmsntide did a better job of that than some of the announcers we've had in recent seasons, but still got some names wrong this season, including some on the Argos. The announcer needs a phonetic guide for every single player in the league, and then must memorize the correct pronunciations for each. Not an easy task, but definitely not impossible. Each team's PR staff can help with their own players. I agree with AV that very deep knowledge of the league is a necessity, as is a very reliable spotter to advise on down and distance (which was mostly fine this season, BTW).
    I know Chris, and can tell you that he knows a lot about football, and players. He also does the Western Mustangs games, and other football in London. Considering that his is not his full-time job (he owns and runs a very successful business, as well as being an even better family man) he does a great job. I enjoy hearing his calls come through on tv when they do. I just wish that I could hear them first hand again.

There are bigger yokels in the booth. The Hamilton guy used to drive me nuts. If he wasn't Jim Laing then he certainly tried to sound like him.

The BC guy is alright, but give me Chris, any day.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    I remember being there and hearing the entire stadium go "ooooohhhhhhhh" when they showed the replay.
    A year or two later, those 2 teams met again in the Vanier Cup & several Bison players tried to repay the Huskie who made that hit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Yes, it was Belli....you think that was disturbing, go to Fan Day & see him in undersized shorts....

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The BC stadium guy needs to kick in the head!!!

New Fan
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for kind words Nob, nice to know that someone has my back! I totally agree that a phonetic guide would be very helpful, I do however try to find out the proper pronunciation of any names that I am suspect on. The teams do not supply this however, so if I ask someone and they tell me wrong... well what is one to do, I wouldn`t know that it is wrong. Anyway I think it was a successful year and hope to be back next year. Now let us focus our attention on beating Montreal
    AAAAAAARRRRRGGOOOOOOSSSSSS!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Being the most penalized team in the CFL, the Argos are going to be subject to those kind of poor calls when they show aggressiveness..Suiter made comments on another penalty call against Watkins (illegal contact on a receiver on a running play where Joseph & Boyd got mixed up) as well.
    How is it possible for a team to be flagged for illegal contact on a running play that broke down in two seconds? Strange call.

Toronto's official homophobic pro team is the Jays, not the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Belli also kissed Tony Proudfoot, who was dying of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), at a emotional farewell by Alouette fans at a game in Montreal. You could tell that Tony reacted very positively to the kiss, even on TV. I hope that doesn't disturb you as well. By the way the French and French Canadians, Italians (Belli is of Italian descent), Spaniards, Arabs and many other cultures men also regularly kiss each other on the cheek. In Hong Kong I seen two very conservative, very well-dressed bankers walk out of banking skyscraper holding hands with no one giving it the slightest attention. The traditional North American cultural perspective on this is actually in the minority.
    Last edited by jerrym; 11-13-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Toronto's official homophobic pro team is the Jays, not the Argos.
    This comment was timely, argolio: http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/T...ate-12815.aspx
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Great find Ravi. And good on the players and the organization for taking part in this.
    It's us vs the rest of the country