Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Reeling Riders dealt a blow

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=385275

The Saskatchewan Roughriders will be without their nominee for Most Outstanding Defensive Player next season. Linebacker Jerrell Freeman has signed with the Indianapolis Colts of the NFL.
    Freeman broke the news that he was signing with the Colts on Twitter.
    "Well you've been good to me RIDERNATION, but it i'll b in Colts blue next year!!!" Freeman (@JerrellFreeman) tweeted on Monday.
    The 25-year-old from Waco, Texas finished last season with 105 tackles, six sacks, and three interceptions. It was his third season in Saskatchewan.
    He was the West Division nominee for Most Outstanding Defensive Player, but lost out to Winnipeg Blue Bombers' defensive backJovon Johnson for the league honour.
    Freeman spent time with the Tennessee Titans prior to signing with the Roughriders.

the last place team in the league loses arguably their best player. #ouchie

Last edited by bluto; 01-17-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: quote foul-up
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This happens every year. It doesn't mean he'll make it. You know this is life as a CFL fan but it does piss me off that so many great talents go over looked by the NFL then they come up here and kick butt. What happens then bye..bye to the league that shafted you all for the money. Oh well.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    This happens every year. It doesn't mean he'll make it. You know this is life as a CFL fan but it does piss me off that so many great talents go over looked by the NFL then they come up here and kick butt. What happens then bye..bye to the league that shafted you all for the money. Oh well.
    Well whether we like it or not it's all about that almighty dollar. I can't say that if I had the chance to make a ton more money that I wouldn't turn down the opportunity.

He's going from the last place team in the CFL to the least place team in the NFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Likely to be major personnel changes with the Colts, so he went to the right place.

Banned
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Level
    A player like Freeman has a better chance to stick with an NFL team than a skill position guy that doesn't play ST. I don't know if Fantuz has ever played ST in his career - - can you really imagine him getting down field on a kick to blow up a wedge? I could see a big hitting LB like Freeman filling this role.

If you're not coming in as a starter, you'd better be willing & able to crack heads on ST. Even Cam Wake had to play ST the first year when he signed with Miami.