Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level

Himebauch's gone, according to Naylor (2012)

@TSNDaveNaylor
    Toronto offensive co-ordinator Jonathan Himebauch -- who just joined the Argos from Montreal in December -- is leaving to go to Wake Forest.

If true (and I imagine it is), that's a shame but at least Milanovich was planning to take a big role in the offence anyway. Wonder who comes in next.
    Last edited by Wobbler; 02-28-2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Clarifying that this is an old, resurrected thread

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Argos have also put out a statement confirming this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    farewell coach Himebauch... we hardly knew ye... as a player or a coach.

hopefully Milanovich has this figured out. the last bit of the article on the OS makes it seem like he has someone... obviously it will be Milanovich's offence and a "caretaker" OC, but hopefully we get a quality coach in there.
    Last edited by bluto; 01-18-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    At least the opportunity came sooner rather than later. And here's the official release, which seems like they have known of this for some time: http://argonauts.ca/article/argos-sh...-coaching-deck

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    With Himebauch gone, I wonder what our options are. It seems as though Milanovich wanted to have a pretty young coaching staff.. but with someone like Brady not available, I wonder who he turns to?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    well Trestman has found his replacement in Pat Meyer OL coach of Colorado state. they were buddies during his NC state days. My guess is Trestman will look for another old buddy as his next DC.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Never a dull day in Argoland....story really surprised me, another interesting chapter in this offseason coming up. Stay tuned.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

I have no idea about who the new OC will be, but I'd love to see Mike O'Shea as an assistant Offensive Co-ordinator. Absolutely thrilled that O'Shea has been re-signed as the Special Teams Coach, with "other added duties". Perhaps one of these duties might be to evaluate the play of the opposing defence, help search for their weaknesses, tiredness/fatigue/performance-decay throughout the course of the game, and whisper suggestions to the OC based on his previous experience and present surveillance. Now, this may already be the OC's job, as well the the DC's, and no doubt the OC and DC talk to each all the time during the game and in-between games (or maybe they don't - both being too busy, perhaps), but having a former Middle-Linebacker's unique input into how to shred a Defence, might be invaluable. Again, perhaps this happens already, but on a smaller scale (time permitting), but even so, adding a bit of Special Teams flair to the Offence, can't hurt. Just a thought.
    Also, is there precedent, for a outstanding Defensive Player, or Coach, helping to run, or in fact successfully running a great Offence? Just wondering. I'm sure there are many examples that others might think of, but for the moment, it just sounds like an unconventional idea which might be worth a shot. Unpredictability, keeps the opposition guessing. I think Field Marshall Erwin Rommel once said that, though I'm sure he wasn't the first.

PS : If it sounds like I'm looking the find Mike O'Shea more work, I am. I hope he stays with our team for a long time. But while I'm simply a die-hard fan with no inside knowledge, one of the things I really like about this forum is that there are many here with great Football insights and experience; it is what makes this forum truly remarkable. Players and Coaches don't have to use their real names here --- we respect their privacy --- but one can tell, that there are often and occasionally some great Football minds posting here. Personally, I'd love to know more about the inner workings and machinations of Coaching, or of trying to survive as a great or average Player in this League, of the day-to-day struggle to stay on top of one's game. We've had some great insights posted here recently, involving Players sharing the depths of their soul, but whether you use your real name or a pseudonym, I and many other fans would love to hear more.

Thank you. For everything.

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Very strange indeed. Why didn't they just give him more time and not officially announce his signing with the Argos unless he was certain to saty. Maybe a verbal agreement and then make it official after NCAA interviews.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Don't let the door hit yah on the way out. Oh wait he hasn't even been in the door as it burned to the ground. Go ahead and chase that big dollar dream. Never remembered his as a so called Argo player for a day and now he's dead to me.

Let's get someone who wants to be a coach in the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:

Level
    Should we be surprised? CFL players leave for NFL try-outs often - most would jump at the chance - and can't blame them for wanting to make the big bucks and prestige of the NFL, and for American players, it's a chance to play in THE big pro league in their own country. Why wouldn't CFL coaches want to jump at a chance to work in the NFL or big-name NCAA football factory programs; for Himebach, it's a nice opportunity for a big football gig in his home country.

Want to see less of this stuff going on in the CFL? A lot more Canadian content - both in the player/roster and coaching/decision making departments, might (no, more like would) be a positive factor IMO and affect some change there. Seems to me though, that most are fine with the "personel" make-up of the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well that sucks! Hope there's a contingency plan that can be put into action ASAP.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:

Level

Angry

Milanovich should go after Stef Ptasek from McMaster as OC. He probably wouldn't leave after signing an extension. Maybe Marcel Bellefuille.

Banned
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Level
    Maybe we haven't seen the last of the Tennis Player after all. Think it's too late to bring him back?

In reality I think everybody, including Himebauch, know Milanovich will be running the offense this year. So losing him is of little consequence. Pretty sure Ricky Ray wasn't going to be looking for tips from Heimbauch about how to beat a zone coverage.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    As long as we don't get somebody from the Good Ole' Boy network it's fine with me.

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Some of you guys sound like they're in a state of emergency or something. They knew this may happen and I'm sure they already have a guy instead of restarting the process all over again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    No biggie for me. I never was thrilled that an O-lineman was going to be the OC anyways. As Area 51 pointed out, Milanovich is the real OC of this team. Anyone who gets the post will likely truly be an assistant OC with a nicer title.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    No biggie for me. I never was thrilled that an O-lineman was going to be the OC anyways. As Area 51 pointed out, Milanovich is the real OC of this team. Anyone who gets the post will likely truly be an assistant OC with a nicer title.
    Could Maas become that assistant OC job AV? I still would like to see Cope retire to become recievers coach. With the UFL folding, Bart Andrus is available too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Could Maas become that assistant OC job AV? I still would like to see Cope retire to become recievers coach. With the UFL folding, Bart Andrus is available too.
    LOL...Is Stephen Reeves a package deal if Bart comes here? I think Maas would be a good choice to work under Milanovich and be groomed as OC.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    nothing against Maas. in fact, i hope that he grows as a coach to the point where someday teams are lining up for his services.

but although this will seemingly be a Milanovich offence being overseen by whoever is appointed OC, i would still prefer a more seasoned coach to work with the players and offer his critiques and expertise as they execute our HC's plans.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN