Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level

No US election chatter on here.

Well I'm very glad that Obama won.
    I'm not sure how anyone could vote for the pasty white, religious bumpkin, racists, who believe a birth of a child from rape is a good thing.
    Thankfully I'm Canadian and I don't have to live in a country where I would seriously hate to live or travel in case I bumped into these morons. If I ever had to live in the US it's pretty obvious where I wouldn't go. Oh and Piss off Romney you dork, no Canadian oil for you. It's scary to think of the US as the most powerful country in the world when you watch it's politics and how many votes the right gets. That's one mighty strange country we have to the south of us. Perhaps the billions each side pissed away during this marathon could have helped many Americans in this time of need.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    All politicians can burn

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Hey LLB997 that's why I like you. I always say that they got bullied in school and now they come back and payback stinks. haha. I always vote that way I have a right to complain.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    obama is the worst president in my lifetime....he is turning the once proud and strong USA into a welfare state....

that said im sure im going to be edited, because im against the PC folks who run this site....

the have NOTS, are now in control of the USA, and the folks who actually work, or employ people are second class...
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I voted for Romney.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    here's my gig..started my transportation company in 1990..did ok..made a decent living..things grew...in 1999-2000...business was great, made ton's of dough from 2000-2007ish....America was open for business when Clinton and Bush were Presidents, and the US ecomony was ok....made some dough....

the obama-conimy since 2008 i have suffered, bigtime....

say what you want, but obama has HURT me...almost as much as bob rae hurt ontario while he was premier

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Bob Rae was horrible!!!!!!!

I'm not a huge money driven guy. My first wife ruined that for me. We both made big money and she spent more than we made. Money doesn't make one happy. I'm happy to get by. There's more to life, a much bigger picture. I couldn't vote for a very right wing bumbkin party who's beliefs on so much are right out to lunch. I respect women and other nationalities. To me Romney and his band of flunkies are a different version of the KKK. They just happen to dress in nice suits. Money comes and money goes but you still have to live with your choices.

One other thing about the crazy country that some of you call home that sits to the south of us. I couldn't believe the CNN breakdown of who voted for who. It's not just this city or state but the gays,blacks,latinos etc etc. WTF. The US isn't that far along when it comes to different nationalities happily living together. It wasn't that long ago when you would see a black qb in the NFL. I'm done talking about it.
    Last edited by 1argoholic; 11-07-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    here's my gig..started my transportation company in 1990..did ok..made a decent living..things grew...in 1999-2000...business was great, made ton's of dough from 2000-2007ish....America was open for business when Clinton and Bush were Presidents, and the US ecomony was ok....made some dough....

the obama-conimy since 2008 i have suffered, bigtime....

say what you want, but obama has HURT me...almost as much as bob rae hurt ontario while he was premier
    The financial meltdown of 2008 happened under Bush! Obama inherited a huge mess and Romney only wanted to return the U.S. to the fiscal policies which got that country in trouble in the first place.
    Last edited by ArgoRavi; 11-08-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I could've tolerated a Romney win WAAAAYY more than the GOP getting control of the House and the Senate of which they already control one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The financial meltdown of 2008 happened under Bush! Obama inherited a huge mess and Romney only wanted to return the U.S. to the fiscal policies which got that country in trouble in the first place.
    Thanks for the Democratic talking point. Have anything original to say?

Blaming one person or party is dumb. Both parties made asinine decisions in the prior 15 years to contribute to that. And actually, the flushing of Lehman brothers is the main cause. Save LB and things would be different.

Come on Ravi, you're better than that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

1argoholic, I like you, but please don't cast all of us Conservatives as racists and homophobes.

The US deficit was at around 7 trillion and in 8 years Bush added 4 trillion.

Then, in 4 years, Obama added 5 trillion.

At 16 trillion now, and projected to hit 20 trillion soon, the US is on the verge of fiscal disaster.

That's what is so scary about the Obama win.

If the US economy goes down the drain, Canada will be severely affected, to say the least.

Let's hope the President, the Democrat Senate, and the Republican House can get this under control,

before it is too late.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I was a PC for years and years however I can't stand the far right. We've lost the Progressives in Canada as well. I stand by what I said. Harper is not much different. Just google his Calgary Church. These fools have some stupid assed beliefs. No wonder these clowns want to rape nature for oil because they think god will come back and fix it all.

I feel like a guy without a party at this point. The Conservative movement has gone too far to the right for my liking. Not big on Liberals and no way in hell would I ever vote NDP. I've ditched my vote to the Greens as of late.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Blaming one person or party is dumb. Both parties made asinine decisions in the prior 15 years to contribute to that. And actually, the flushing of Lehman brothers is the main cause. Save LB and things would be different.
    Maybe. Or if LB was saved, maybe some of the other investment banks would have failed and caused a similar meltdown.

I think the bigger issue is that the Dems and Reps are now permanently in bed with Wall Street and big corporations (despite what they say when not in power), so I don't think it matters much who wins anymore. Be nice to see a legitimate third party, but the only ones talking about that are far-right and far-left types, not to mention it's very difficult for a third party to get on the ballot in every state.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Thanks for the Democratic talking point. Have anything original to say?

Come on Ravi, you're better than that.
    I wasn't totally blaming Bush but responding to a poster who appeared to be totally blaming Obama. You are right that both parties are to blame. I see Obama and the Democrats as the lesser of the two evils but what turns me off of the Republicans and Romney are their beliefs about social issues which seem to be stuck in the 1950s. One of the things that the U.S. needs to do is end the war on drugs which has been a monumental disaster. What the Republicans especially need to do is quit appeasing the far right. Until they do that, it will be tough slugging for them in presidential elections.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm glad I live in Canada.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I'm glad I live in Canada.
    me too...we have a CONSERVATIVE goverment...not a far left lunatic like the president of the usa

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    The so called far left is a better choice than the very far right religious nutter. I would never back a party that thinks children from a rape are a good thing. It's one extreme or another in the US.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    The so called far left is a better choice than the very far right religious nutter. I would never back a party that thinks children from a rape are a good thing. It's one extreme or another in the US.
    No party thinks that, just two idiots. All people in one party aren't the same. If you think the Democratic senators from Alaska and North Dakota have the same ideals as the Democrats from New York and Vermont then you are flat out wrong.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I wasn't totally blaming Bush but responding to a poster who appeared to be totally blaming Obama. You are right that both parties are to blame. I see Obama and the Democrats as the lesser of the two evils but what turns me off of the Republicans and Romney are their beliefs about social issues which seem to be stuck in the 1950s. One of the things that the U.S. needs to do is end the war on drugs which has been a monumental disaster. What the Republicans especially need to do is quit appeasing the far right. Until they do that, it will be tough slugging for them in presidential elections.
    Right on. But the Republicans haven't appeased to the far right. McCain and Romney were more moderate candidates than their primary opponents. If anything, you could argue Obama is the far left, as his voting record in the senate was the most liberal out of the 100 for the whole 2 years he was a candidate. I agree with you on the war on drugs, but the left has done nothing to try and end it while in power.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Maybe. Or if LB was saved, maybe some of the other investment banks would have failed and caused a similar meltdown.

I think the bigger issue is that the Dems and Reps are now permanently in bed with Wall Street and big corporations (despite what they say when not in power), so I don't think it matters much who wins anymore. Be nice to see a legitimate third party, but the only ones talking about that are far-right and far-left types, not to mention it's very difficult for a third party to get on the ballot in every state.
    Debating someone smarter than I am isn't ideal, but I'll give it a go. When they flushed Lehman Brothers, there was no going back. The Banksters have to get paid back on their OTC derivative winnings, therefore that's why Quantitative Easing will continue unabated, here and in Europe, it's the only tool left. Bernanke should have stepped up and saved LB and any other institute at the time that needed it. It's not so funny how close we were in the fall of '08 to some major, major sh** hitting the fan.

I agree that Wall Street owns both parties and there's no shot of a legitimate third party.