Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It's starting to look like the injury to Ray may have been a blessing in disguise as it allowed him to see several games from the sidelines and to get a better perspective on the offence. Since he's come back he's been the best qb in the league easily.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    I was just thinking of the documentary this week about the 71 Argos the greatest team that never won. I like the fact that we get a rematch with Calgary and we're about to get even and win this thing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I was just thinking of the documentary this week about the 71 Argos the greatest team that never won. I like the fact that we get a rematch with Calgary and we're about to get even and win this thing.
    It couldn't be more fitting that that doc will air this week.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Watkins would be a big loss if he can't play, but we have other guys who can and will step up. I see us winning this game, and I think it's gong to be a very solid performance from all three phases. Huge game for Ricky, and Kackert will be a difference maker. I see Durie scoring a TD, and I would not be surprised if Spencer Watt makes a long reception.
    Got it wrong on Durie (altho he played well, other than the fumble) and Watt, but otherwise I my predictions the past two weeks have been pretty good, if I say so myself. And I'm going to say it right now -- not only are we going to win next week, it is not going to be very close. I say we win by at least 10 points.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Got it wrong on Durie (altho he played well, other than the fumble) and Watt, but otherwise I my predictions the past two weeks have been pretty good, if I say so myself. And I'm going to say it right now -- not only are we going to win next week, it is not going to be very close. I say we win by at least 10 points.
    I would love for that prediction to come true, Paul, but I suspect that it will be another nailbiter. However, I will predict an Argo victory and my record this year has been pretty good. I am also 4-0 in the postseason.

I do have much respect for the Stamps though. They are a solid team and have been as good as anyone since we last played and beat them in August.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    1971, 1991 and a little more than 20 years later in 2012. DREAM match in our house as my wife was almost born at McMahon St and I've been an Argo fan since the late 60's when I was old enough to remember. Plenty of smiles in here and now I can ditch this Stamps T shirt until next year. haha.

WOW! Thinking of Grey Cup Gary today as he and I had something in common. Both Argo fans married to Stamp fan wives. Wish he could be there next week. I know many will be carrying memories of Gary with them to Grey Cup 100.

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    1971, 1991 and a little more than 20 years later in 2012. DREAM match in our house as my wife was almost born at McMahon St and I've been an Argo fan since the late 60's when I was old enough to remember. Plenty of smiles in here and now I can ditch this Stamps T shirt until next year. haha.

WOW! Thinking of Grey Cup Gary today as he and I had something in common. Both Argo fans married to Stamp fan wives. Wish he could be there next week. I know many will be carrying memories of Gary with them to Grey Cup 100.
    i know i will and was also thinking gcg, in 04 gc we were at the ticat club gary got stuck in a elevator with 13 people remember as it was yesterday he said i think that was a sign and we won that year

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    For the first time in a loooong time, I had those heavy butterflies in my stomach when watching a Toronto-based team in action. I felt light headed and queasy as the clock ticked down. Sooo glad we held on, but I am extremely proud of their performance over the last month or so. Still lots of work ahead, as they can't (and won't) sit back and see our recent success against Calgary and think this will be a cakewalk. Lots of pressure being at home next Sunday, and both games were close ones versus the Stamps this year.

Couldn't be more excited for the Grey Cup than I am now. ARRRRRGOOOOOOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheFan View Post
    For the first time in a loooong time, I had those heavy butterflies in my stomach when watching a Toronto-based team in action. I felt light headed and queasy as the clock ticked down. Sooo glad we held on, but I am extremely proud of their performance over the last month or so. Still lots of work ahead, as they can't (and won't) sit back and see our recent success against Calgary and think this will be a cakewalk. Lots of pressure being at home next Sunday, and both games were close ones versus the Stamps this year.

Couldn't be more excited for the Grey Cup than I am now. ARRRRRGOOOOOOS!!!
    This was the first football game in ages that I really got into, sitting on the edge of my seat, pumping fists in the air and occasionally throwing things. A very intense game with a satisfying ending. Next Sunday night should be fun. I'll be there and am really looking forward to it.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I was thinking isn't it bad luck to touch the finals trophy after winning it?

Other then that I am very happy we won. Can't wait to be at my first Grey Cup!!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    BTW, there are single seats in the 500 level available on Ticketmaster for next week's big game.
    it was also possible to get two beside each other in the 500 level this morning close to 800.00 .almost did it but i really dont like heights ,inner ear thing. so i will keep looking

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by larz-7 View Post
    it was also possible to get two beside each other in the 500 level this morning close to 800.00 .almost did it but i really dont like heights ,inner ear thing. so i will keep looking
    I imagine that there will be some tickets in the 100 or 200 level that come free at the start of this week as some of the western fans or perhaps even some from Montreal decide not to make the trek after all. I don't mind sitting in the 500 level so I just grabbed one of those singles after today's game. I decided this year not to purchase in advance as the Argos tend to lose in the East Final when I do that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee19 View Post

Other then that I am very happy we won. Can't wait to be at my first Grey Cup!!!
    I don't think that you have to worry about that. IIRC, Montreal did touch the finals trophy a couple of years ago and won while B.C. may not have last year and they also won. In other words, there likely isn't any relationship between these two events. I am glad that the Argos did not give into some silly superstition - and, yes, I am aware that I have given into silly superstitions as indicated in my previous post.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Yeah there was a few but it wasn't entirely Argo fans. Maybe around 40-50? and then who knows how many scattered around.
    I thought there were around a 100 argo fans. I loved when the players were introduced and they pointed to us, the fans sitting in sec 222. Great that they knew that they had a supporter section there.

My row alone had 12...all argo fans.

Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
    I thought there were around a 100 argo fans. I loved when the players were introduced and they pointed to us, the fans sitting in sec 222. Great that they knew that they had a supporter section there.

My row alone had 12...all argo fans.
    I sat a few rows up and the people behind and beside me seemed to be all Alouette fans except for the guys with mohawks yelling out of a homemade paper horn "Block that kick", "Watch the fake" etc. Below were Argo fans but It's hard to count on mental memory. Glad I went, the two midnight bus rides I took were worth it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee19 View Post

The Als didn't touch it in 2008 and went on to lose. In 2009 and 2010 they had their hands all over it and won so no jinx.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    It's starting to look like the injury to Ray may have been a blessing in disguise as it allowed him to see several games from the sidelines and to get a better perspective on the offence. Since he's come back he's been the best qb in the league easily.
    Reminiscent again of 2004 when Damon Allen fell to the als only to return triumphant. It's uncanny.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies