Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The majority of cfl.ca columnists (8 out of 11) believe that the Argos will win this Sunday: http://www.cfl.ca/page/cflca-columni...al-predictions
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The majority of cfl.ca columnists (8 out of 11) believe that the Argos will win this Sunday: http://www.cfl.ca/page/cflca-columni...al-predictions
    Ya, thats what they said last week when the Argos faced Edmonton too....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    47,000 tickets now sold with 2 days to go. gonna be LOUD!
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The Vegas oddsmakers were with us last week, too. This week, however, we're 5-6 point underdogs. More troubling still, Perry Lefko has picked us to win!
    Last edited by Wobbler; 11-16-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I met a Rider fan while all decked out in Argo merch with three different logos today while stocking up on pet food supplies. He thinks the Argos will win. I've met quuite a few people in the last week that have been saying the same. I'm just trying to stay relaxed and calm. Sunday I'll be fired up. I seriously hope for another 04. They'll be in so tough though. I think if we can show a few different looks and somehow get on Calvillo early we could put the pressure squarely on them. Jones should surely have some interesting things up his sleeves.

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    This team needs this win so bad for it's brand.... I will live if we lose but damn what an opportunity this is. I am praying this thing pays off on Sunday!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    There was an interesing stat re QBs records in play-off games - shown on TV in one of the play-off games last weekend; pretty sure i saw that Calvillo is one game over .500 in his CFL play-off career = he is known to blow it in big-games = one of the reasons i regard him as quite over-rated as an all-time CFL QB; obviously not all his fault if the Als lose a play-off game; but - he has IMO demonstrated often an inability to lead his team in big games - sticking to standard look offence; when IMO - a great QB finds ways to win other than just relying on standard look offence.

Argos get some pass rush pressure, plus good coverage and Calvillo does NOT know how to find ways to win by varying the offence with run game or other adjusments - a lot of that is coaching, but IMO a vet QB should be able to tell the coaching staff something to rally an offence; we shall see - maybe he beats the Argos and goes 2 games over .500 in the play-offs for the time being; but that would likely come down by a game if the Als get to the GC.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    OV your right and it floored me to see Calvillo at 11-10 I believe it was. He's do for one of his stinkers. He hasn't had a real horrible game this year. Would be nice to pick him off a time or two.

I hear ya Treblecharger and I really hope for a win on Sunday. It's very difficult to get into your hometown Grey Cup and win it. BC seems to do ok with that however.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I met a Rider fan while all decked out in Argo merch with three different logos today while stocking up on pet food supplies. He thinks the Argos will win. I've met quuite a few people in the last week that have been saying the same. I'm just trying to stay relaxed and calm. Sunday I'll be fired up. I seriously hope for another 04. They'll be in so tough though. I think if we can show a few different looks and somehow get on Calvillo early we could put the pressure squarely on them. Jones should surely have some interesting things up his sleeves.
    I have said this before on here but it bears worth repeating: Chris Jones has probably had more success against Calvillo and the Montreal offence than any other defensive coordinator in the league over the last five years. He hasn't been perfect but he has caused Calvillo the most problems. Our defence played Montreal well for two of the three games this season so I am hopeful that they will play well enough to win on Sunday.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Achievements:

Level
    Tomorrow's depth chart is up. No changes except the addition of Carter and subtraction of Desriveaux. I see 22 NIs, so we'll sit three: presumably Payton, Riggs, and either Watkins or Carter. The NI should be K Jones unless Tristan Black is still hurt.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Tomorrow's depth chart is up. No changes except the addition of Carter and subtraction of Desriveaux. I see 22 NIs, so we'll sit three: presumably Payton, Riggs, and either Watkins or Carter. The NI should be K Jones unless Tristan Black is still hurt.
    Tristan Black is still on the injured list but Kyle Jones will likely be the non-import who sits tomorrow anyway as was the case last week. The only potential change to the 42 would be Carter in for Watkins but that will be a game time decision.

Achievements:

Level
    I don't think I understand your logic, Ravi. Why would we sit a healthy player to hit 42 when we can sit an injured one?

Boatman
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    MONTREAL - For the first time ever, the Alouettes and le Parc Olympique are organizing a free pre-game party leading up to this Sunday's East Final at Olympic Stadium.
    Teaming up with le Parc Olympique and CKOI 96,9, the Alouettes are inviting fans to join the fun starting at 10:00 a.m. on gameday on the Esplanade of le Parc Olympique located outdoors at level 200 of Olympic Stadium, on the corner of Pie-IX Boulevard and Pierre-de-Coubertin Avenue.
    Fans of all ages are welcome to attend the event which will end at 1:00 p.m., right before kickoff. Fans can meet Alouettes Cheerleaders and Alumni while also taking part in activities ranging from games for both young and old, to face painting and musical performances. Food and beverages will also be available for purchase on-site.
    Access to the pre-game party is free for everyone.
    WHAT: Pre-game party before the 2012 Eastern Final
    WHEN: Sunday, November 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
    WHERE: Esplanade of le Parc Olympique (Outdoors, at the 200 level, on the corner of Pie-IX Boulevard and Pierre-de-Coubertin Avenue)
    WHO: Free access for everyone
    Inside Olympic Stadium, Eric Lapointe will rock Alouettes fans both before the game as well as during half-time. The first 1,000 fans who visit the CKOI kiosk during the pre-game party will obtain field access at half-time for Eric Lapointe's concert.
    Tickets for the East Final are still available for purchase by visiting www.ticketmaster.ca or by calling 1-855-790-1245.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I don't think I understand your logic, Ravi. Why would we sit a healthy player to hit 42 when we can sit an injured one?
    Tristan Black is on the injured list and not on the 46 player roster this week so he can't be one of the scratches.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I hope a healthy Watkins can play. He's our best db and best suited to cover the ever dangerous Jamel Richardson, who is tall like Watkins.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Watkins would be a big loss if he can't play, but we have other guys who can and will step up. I see us winning this game, and I think it's gong to be a very solid performance from all three phases. Huge game for Ricky, and Kackert will be a difference maker. I see Durie scoring a TD, and I would not be surprised if Spencer Watt makes a long reception.

Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm thinking Inman may get a lot of touches and don't be surprised to see Bradwell come in clutch. Owens may have a quiet game as a reciever but will give us great field position on the returns.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    IF are average players have a career game we win. I think it's that simple. Stars vs. Stars we have the advantage. We need our "dime a dozen" players to play like the world IS going to end in December. I have not felt this much hype in a loooooonnnnnnnggggg time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I have been watching the various Toronto newscasts over the last day or two and it sounds like there is some genuine excitement in the city over Grey Cup week which has already started and the Argos potentially being in the big game. Hopefully the Argos can do their part to maximize this excitement with a big win on Sunday. I am feeling good on the eve of this game - unlike the feeling of foreboding that I had the night before the '07 East Final - so hopefully the Argos come through tomorrow.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    That's a ton of pressure for the team and as many people know it's very difficult to host and be in the Grey Cup. I just hope we can play tough, smart and get off to a great start on both sides of the ball. We can't let Montreal just walk down the field like Edmonton did early. We need to get on them and take the crowd out or get them booing their own team. I'm just trying to chill and not get to hyped.