I am new to this forum, but a long time interweb CFL discussion guy.

I like Calgary's chances much more than Toronto. Remember Calgary was 12-6 on the season while Toronto was 9-9. Since our last meeting, the Stamps are on an 11-2 run, winning their past 6 in a row while Toronto is 8-5 with a four game winning streak. Calgary's offense (points scored) ranked 2nd while Toronto's was 6th. Calgary's defense (points against) ranked 3rd while Toronto ranked 6th. Calgary also just finished beating the BC Lions quite throughly, and they were the defending champs and everyone's pick to repeat. Toronto beat Montreal who was not near as strong an opponent, and a huge reason why they won was because Bratton could not catch a pass that hit him in the chest in the dying seconds.

The Stamps seem to be on fire - a team on a mission. Cornish said before the BC game that this Stampeder team is the best team he has ever played on - better than the 2008 Grey Cup Champion Stampeder team. People continue to sell Glenn short, but he was fantastic last week against the dominant BC defense who allowed fewer points than anyone since 2009 and has been fantastic all year. Glenn and Ray's stats are nearly identical on the season. There is not a clear favourite between them.

Since we last played each other, Glenn has settled in on offense. Our offensive line has also been playing their best ball of the season after a ton of injuries and players playing out of position. At the last time we played, Cornish was rushing for an average of 59 yards/game. Since that time, he has an average of 95 yards. We have also added Mo Price and in the five games he has started, he has 558 yards and may now be the league's most dangerous receiver.

Another stat that may be a sign of things to come this game is that Toronto is the worst penalized team in the CFL, by quite a wide margin while Calgary was third. In the playoffs, this disparity continued, where Calgary's total penalties in the two games were 7 penalties for 60 yards, while the Argos were 19 penalties for 195.

About the only stat that the Argos have the edge on Calgary is in turnovers. Calgary earned a -4 on the season while Toronto had a +10, which means if things continue as they have, Toronto will get an extra turnover during the game.

I am not saying that the Argos do not have a chance or that Calgary is going to blow them out. I don't think either will occur. I am saying that from a rational standpoint, Calgary has to be considered the favourite. If an Argo fan has a gut feeling the Argos will prevail, I can respect that. However, when you match the teams up, Calgary is better in almost every category. That doesn't always matter, though, as BC found out last week.

It is great to find another forum of good fans with reasonable heads the want to talk football. My first impression is a pretty good one as I look around here.