Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    quality over quantity. they banned jon cornish. very classy. not. i'm surprised 'ztella' hasn't appeared on this board yet. especially this week.
    When did ztella get banned? I read some posts he made within the past week.

I find a lot of Roughrider fans insufferable, but that board has both quality and quantity, IMO.

Also, it does not have area51.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

I find a lot of Roughrider fans insufferable, but that board has both quality and quantity, IMO.

since november 13. guess they couldn't handle a real pro.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Eskimo fans on the Edmonton forum seem bitter about the Ray trade to this day.
    i wouldn't be able to let that go for at least a full calendar year... likely much longer... especially if my team then lost to the team we traded him to in the playoffs... then has to watch that team win their division final... and then they have a shot at the GC...?

man... they have every right to their bitterness.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

the rider fan forum does have quality posts in there... but it suffers from the same signal-to-noise ratio issue that OurBombers does. you just have to sift through too much on RF to get to the good stuff. they both also contain a certain amount of regulars who literally can't see any move made by the home team as less than "perfect"... then when it backfires they completely endorse the solution while insisting that they all along felt that way.

i find Argofans a pleasure to browse for it's balanced, insightful football opinions.

this forum (as well as Calgary's) have the problem/blessing of not having a few hundred extra "casuals" that mess up the signal-to-noise in the threads... but who knows... a win this Sunday could bring a few dozen "new hardcores"... [/tangent]

back to the GC100 talk.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    without picking apart the game's matchups too much in this post (i'll get around to that soon) i have to confess that i'm feeling an eerie amount of confidence going into this game. i like our team (as it is now playing) against Calgary and Glenn very much actually...

...but as a Toronto sports fan, feeling confident before a key game (in any sport!) sets alarm bells off in my head.

so all week, if i felt myself imagining our Boys dominating their matchups and the scoreboard i quickly flip the script and remember that just 3 years ago Hufnagel and his Stampeders went into Montreal and stole a Grey Cup by grinding out a 22-14 win in front of 66k Montreal fans... and i realise that i respect Huf too much to view this game as anything better than a cointoss.

#MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    The Stamps will be a formidable opponent on Sunday, they're the hottest team in the league. Cornish will be a handful to corral (got to hit him hard). WR Mo Price has been spectacular the past few weeks. The Argos will have to cover him closely. Romby Bryant and N. Lewis are no slouches either. At least Glenn is no threat to run.

They also have a smothering defence which shutdown B.C. last week. The Argos will probably need to score over 30 points to win, some way or other. That will be no easy task. Perhaps some trickery should be considered (and/or tendancy breakers?)

But the Argos do have Inman who can light it up...and Kackert can match Cornish, bob for weave. (And maybe it's about time for K. Glenn to have one of his "off" games?)

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am new to this forum, but a long time interweb CFL discussion guy.

I like Calgary's chances much more than Toronto. Remember Calgary was 12-6 on the season while Toronto was 9-9. Since our last meeting, the Stamps are on an 11-2 run, winning their past 6 in a row while Toronto is 8-5 with a four game winning streak. Calgary's offense (points scored) ranked 2nd while Toronto's was 6th. Calgary's defense (points against) ranked 3rd while Toronto ranked 6th. Calgary also just finished beating the BC Lions quite throughly, and they were the defending champs and everyone's pick to repeat. Toronto beat Montreal who was not near as strong an opponent, and a huge reason why they won was because Bratton could not catch a pass that hit him in the chest in the dying seconds.

The Stamps seem to be on fire - a team on a mission. Cornish said before the BC game that this Stampeder team is the best team he has ever played on - better than the 2008 Grey Cup Champion Stampeder team. People continue to sell Glenn short, but he was fantastic last week against the dominant BC defense who allowed fewer points than anyone since 2009 and has been fantastic all year. Glenn and Ray's stats are nearly identical on the season. There is not a clear favourite between them.

Since we last played each other, Glenn has settled in on offense. Our offensive line has also been playing their best ball of the season after a ton of injuries and players playing out of position. At the last time we played, Cornish was rushing for an average of 59 yards/game. Since that time, he has an average of 95 yards. We have also added Mo Price and in the five games he has started, he has 558 yards and may now be the league's most dangerous receiver.

Another stat that may be a sign of things to come this game is that Toronto is the worst penalized team in the CFL, by quite a wide margin while Calgary was third. In the playoffs, this disparity continued, where Calgary's total penalties in the two games were 7 penalties for 60 yards, while the Argos were 19 penalties for 195.

About the only stat that the Argos have the edge on Calgary is in turnovers. Calgary earned a -4 on the season while Toronto had a +10, which means if things continue as they have, Toronto will get an extra turnover during the game.

I am not saying that the Argos do not have a chance or that Calgary is going to blow them out. I don't think either will occur. I am saying that from a rational standpoint, Calgary has to be considered the favourite. If an Argo fan has a gut feeling the Argos will prevail, I can respect that. However, when you match the teams up, Calgary is better in almost every category. That doesn't always matter, though, as BC found out last week.

It is great to find another forum of good fans with reasonable heads the want to talk football. My first impression is a pretty good one as I look around here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Childress View Post
    I am new to this forum, but a long time interweb CFL discussion guy.

I like Calgary's chances much more than Toronto. Remember Calgary was 12-6 on the season while Toronto was 9-9. Since our last meeting, the Stamps are on an 11-2 run, winning their past 6 in a row while Toronto is 8-5 with a four game winning streak. Calgary's offense (points scored) ranked 2nd while Toronto's was 6th. Calgary's defense (points against) ranked 3rd while Toronto ranked 6th. Calgary also just finished beating the BC Lions quite throughly, and they were the defending champs and everyone's pick to repeat. Toronto beat Montreal who was not near as strong an opponent, and a huge reason why they won was because Bratton could not catch a pass that hit him in the chest in the dying seconds.

The Stamps seem to be on fire - a team on a mission. Cornish said before the BC game that this Stampeder team is the best team he has ever played on - better than the 2008 Grey Cup Champion Stampeder team. People continue to sell Glenn short, but he was fantastic last week against the dominant BC defense who allowed fewer points than anyone since 2009 and has been fantastic all year. Glenn and Ray's stats are nearly identical on the season. There is not a clear favourite between them.

Since we last played each other, Glenn has settled in on offense. Our offensive line has also been playing their best ball of the season after a ton of injuries and players playing out of position. At the last time we played, Cornish was rushing for an average of 59 yards/game. Since that time, he has an average of 95 yards. We have also added Mo Price and in the five games he has started, he has 558 yards and may now be the league's most dangerous receiver.

Another stat that may be a sign of things to come this game is that Toronto is the worst penalized team in the CFL, by quite a wide margin while Calgary was third. In the playoffs, this disparity continued, where Calgary's total penalties in the two games were 7 penalties for 60 yards, while the Argos were 19 penalties for 195.

About the only stat that the Argos have the edge on Calgary is in turnovers. Calgary earned a -4 on the season while Toronto had a +10, which means if things continue as they have, Toronto will get an extra turnover during the game.

I am not saying that the Argos do not have a chance or that Calgary is going to blow them out. I don't think either will occur. I am saying that from a rational standpoint, Calgary has to be considered the favourite. If an Argo fan has a gut feeling the Argos will prevail, I can respect that. However, when you match the teams up, Calgary is better in almost every category. That doesn't always matter, though, as BC found out last week.

It is great to find another forum of good fans with reasonable heads the want to talk football. My first impression is a pretty good one as I look around here.
    You should be proud of your team, Childress. I am under no illusion about this game. It will be a tough one for the Argos to win but I do feel quite confident that they can and will do so as you are with your team. When I look at this Calgary team though, I don't see any obvious weaknesses and they are well-coached with excellent depth. Kevin Glenn is vastly underrated also. I believe that it will be a close game down to the final minutes, if not seconds, on Sunday. For what it's worth, the oddsmakers have made the Stamps 1 1/2 point favourites.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    the rider fan forum does have quality posts in there... but it suffers from the same signal-to-noise ratio issue that OurBombers does. you just have to sift through too much on RF to get to the good stuff. they both also contain a certain amount of regulars who literally can't see any move made by the home team as less than "perfect"... then when it backfires they completely endorse the solution while insisting that they all along felt that way.

i find Argofans a pleasure to browse for it's balanced, insightful football opinions.

this forum (as well as Calgary's) have the problem/blessing of not having a few hundred extra "casuals" that mess up the signal-to-noise in the threads... but who knows... a win this Sunday could bring a few dozen "new hardcores"... [/tangent]

back to the GC100 talk.
    I agree with what you are saying about the Rider forum. It is very difficult to read through to get to the intelligent posters who seem few and far between. How long has this site been up?
    Please come and check us what us Stampeder fans are saying at www.cflhorsemen.ca

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I was wondering when the crossover was going to happen. Good job, Chill. You'll enjoy it here. This site started a year ago from a previous site just like horsemen did after GSG.

Now let the battle begin.
    Last edited by 294life; 11-22-2012 at 08:11 AM.

New Fan
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Level
    Hey Guys

I thought I would follow Childress over here, I'm another of the three guys that founded CFLHorsemen.ca. I imagine that everyone is pumped up about this matchup. Its great to have a different team from the East, and the Argo's are full credit for their run through Edmonton and Montreal to get to the finals. These do look like two pretty evenly matched teams, with some really explosive potential on offense and tough defenses. I believe that this is going to be one of the more physical, nasty old school Cup games that we haven't seen in a long time. In the words of the Hanson brothers, this could be like old time hock . . . errr football.

Anyways, if you want to check out the other side, we have some fabulous posters on Horsemen as well, we'd welcome you there.

I think though that we can all agree that the Riders suck
    Last edited by Captaincrunch; 11-22-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    oh my god. the CAPTAIN has invaded argofans. Now the real party will begin. wooooooot.

New Fan
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29

Level
    Pass the bottle and the ammo.

Anyone else think that this week is taking waaaay too long?
    Please come and check us what us Stampeder fans are saying at www.cflhorsemen.ca

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Not really. There's a thoroughly entertaining Jets-Patriots struggle taking place right now (NBC)!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Did you guys check the clips on CFL.ca? Some are very funny.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    The Jets-Patriots game is no longer interesting. Sorry about that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    The Jets-Patriots game is no longer interesting. Sorry about that.
    LOL!!! I was listening to the radio broadcast on the way home and Boomer Esiason said he felt sorry for Lenny Kravitz to have to follow that Jets first half performance.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    i wouldn't be able to let that go for at least a full calendar year... likely much longer... especially if my team then lost to the team we traded him to in the playoffs... then has to watch that team win their division final... and then they have a shot at the GC...?

man... they have every right to their bitterness.
    After making the playoffs 527 years in a row, they have no right to be bitter about anything!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Argos are the underdogs in this game but I like that. They have been the overwhelming underdogs in the Toronto media for years, in the national press all season as people said they had too many holes to fill after Ray, and as Grey Cup hosts who allegedly would put on such a poor show that you could hear the crickets chirping. I think all this negativity has helped build a special bond that strengthens the team and has also built a special bond between the players and their loyal fans. As a result of this, I think the Argo players will see their underdog role in the game as another minor annoyance that motivates to outperform expectations and win.