Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Double Blue Bash

again, the argos failed at this...took over the stage on the side of a massive room, with the blow up football player beside it...every year i am so disappointed with the double blue bash....i guess it was better then 2008 in montreal with no bash at all....why can the argos never get this right?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I think they have an excuse this year: the GC itself is such a massive project that trying to do a fantastic team party as well is just too much for a pretty small organization.

The bash was OK, IMO. Anything starting at 2 in the afternoon in a room that big is going to seem small, but those who were there seemed to be having a good time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I think they have an excuse this year: the GC itself is such a massive project that trying to do a fantastic team party as well is just too much for a pretty small organization.

The bash was OK, IMO. Anything starting at 2 in the afternoon in a room that big is going to seem small, but those who were there seemed to be having a good time.

i doubt it would even be organized by anyone related to the main grey cup organization....set it up in a small room, have a few local bands play, sell some booze and argos gear....bring in some alumni to meet and greet....was that hard?

it just seems like every year is an excuse....what about montreal 2008? they didnt even have one....let me guess they were busy cleaning up from 2007....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I couldn't even find the place. Found every other team's party. Tiger cats party was pretty empty. Argo cheerleaders were at TD Manitoba. It was funny to see how both teams' fortunes changed in a year. The Argonotes performed great at Stamps house and left unscathed.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    ]bring in some alumni to meet and greet....was that hard?
    Failed big time. They said Holloway and Greer would show and both were no shows. Went to Steamwhistle at 4pm and Holloway was there. Not sure why he didn't show when he was right there. Alumni are all over, maybe they could've brought all of them in but some had other commitments but if you really want to talk to them you could bump into them like Pless, Symons, Austin etc. It was free but I was expecting something a bit better. Fans weren't happy about being kicked out. Trivia was odd, I understand Pre had to go so they interrupted but it wasn't even 10 questions and no winner was ever announced.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    i doubt it would even be organized by anyone related to the main grey cup organization....set it up in a small room, have a few local bands play, sell some booze and argos gear....bring in some alumni to meet and greet....was that hard?

it just seems like every year is an excuse....what about montreal 2008? they didnt even have one....let me guess they were busy cleaning up from 2007....
    The Grey Cup belongs to the Argos. The same organization runs both. Plus the Argos are in the game, adding to the workload for a small organization.

There were some alumni at the bash, and tons of them around the building and especially in the Argo alumni lounge, which as far as I could see was open to anyone who walked in. The Holloway/Greer thing was a mistake, but stuff like that happens. (Greer did show up later at the lounge, and I spotted him walking around the convention centre on his own.) I imagine Holloway probably had a contractual commitment to be only at the Steamwhistle event.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The Grey Cup belongs to the Argos. The same organization runs both. Plus the Argos are in the game, adding to the workload for a small organization.
    yes, but arent these events planned weeks and months in advance? before the argos even made the playoffs? i hate the bring up the riders but do you think they are going to fail with riderville next year, while hosting the grey cup? or drop the ball if they are playing in the big game?

There were some alumni at the bash, and tons of them around the building and especially in the Argo alumni lounge, which as far as I could see was open to anyone who walked in. The Holloway/Greer thing was a mistake, but stuff like that happens. (Greer did show up later at the lounge, and I spotted him walking around the convention centre on his own.) I imagine Holloway probably had a contractual commitment to be only at the Steamwhistle event.
    yeah, i was wondering where those 2 ended up...ah well....im just disappointed every year with the bash, espically the year we are both hosting and playing in the grey cup....i guess my hopes were too high...i know toronto doesnt have a strong market for the cfl, but something like this might help that out....
    Last edited by matchuk; 11-24-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Having John Candy's kids there was a nice touch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    Argo cheerleaders were at TD Manitoba.
    that says it all...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I was there in the afternoon too, good to chat with ArgoGabe....I got a few comments on my Joe Barnes jersey....even had Ray Bernard and Dan Rasovich stop to talk with me...a great day for sure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    We kicked off the Double Blue Bash with an appearance by a special guest tambourine player. Is there anything he can't do?

A8fVdERCcAE3Vlx.jpg-large.jpg
    Faster + Louder = Better

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    again, the argos failed at this...took over the stage on the side of a massive room, with the blow up football player beside it...every year i am so disappointed with the double blue bash....i guess it was better then 2008 in montreal with no bash at all....why can the argos never get this right?
    If it was that bad you could have left. Anything positive too say about this week? Maybe volunteer next time.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I, like, matchuk and argogabe was disappointed by the Double Blue Bash. I was already a little bit perplexed why the Argos were only holding this from 2-4 on one day of the festival in the first place and the actual event did very little to cure my perplexion.

I actually thought the Double Blue Bash in 2011 in Vancouver was actually well done. Argo fans were under-represented on the West Coast, but the team did an effective job of putting on the party for those fans that did attend.

It is true that the Argos may be busy with arranging other festivities, but the BC Lions Den in 2011 was excellent. I think at the end of the day it is your interpretation of what you want your GC party to be. Me, I'm looking for the traditional "band and booze" format that Spirit of Edmonton, Riderville and Tiger Town have. For the Argos not do this as a host city is really a disappointment.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    If it was that bad you could have left. Anything positive too say about this week? Maybe volunteer next time.
    i stayed because i am an argos fan, and support my team...its my opinion, and that is all...id be more then happy to volunteer, but have never seen the argos reach out and ask...i didnt say anything poorly about the week except for this....i thought the rest of the festival was great, and enjoyed it a lot....sctiabank did a great job with the amount of stuff they were doing....dont like the opinions, click log out

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    I couldn't even find the place. Found every other team's party. Tiger cats party was pretty empty. Argo cheerleaders were at TD Manitoba. It was funny to see how both teams' fortunes changed in a year. The Argonotes performed great at Stamps house and left unscathed.
    Was at the festival after Friday's Vanier Cup game...the Ticat party may not have been full but it was a big room, and they had live music. At least it was an evening event. Not bad for a team that's not in the game. I walked in their merchandise section which was free but did not pay the cover to get in. The Lions Den was also a big room, not a lot of fans compared to other teams, but some noticeable young Lions fans that were there were easy on the eyes, if you get my drift. Felions were also all over the place. Many people on the Friday evening gravitated to the Molson Canadian House for Sam Roberts. He brought in a decent younger crowd.

An evening event would have probably helped the Double Blue Bash.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I think we should refrain from being so defensive about peoples opinions. I like reading the honest opinions of people regarding events, whether it's on the on-field product or off-field atmosphere. Truth is, the Argos need all the fans they can still get. Whether you, I, nor anybody else agree with them or not, it's great that they have a voice on this site to participate.

I even read one post criticizing fans that may jump on the bandwagon because the Argos are in the Grey Cup...huh...Are you kidding, there's plenty of room...it is these casual fans that need to feel welcomed to stay on the bandwagon so that they may be interested in going to games. The last thing the Argos need is to make them feel unwelcome because they have not followed the team from the start of the season, or maybe not even realized how fun the game is. Other teams in town can afford to be elitist, they need not be named, the Toronto Argonauts cannot. They need all hands on deck...all aboard.