Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I understand the anger towards Reinders as I too am irritated with him. Ultimately though, we can't blame him for wanting the NFL and the potential big payday that might bring. However, I can't help but think that he would have been further ahead if he had played a year or two in the CFL before taking a shot at the NFL but the Giants apparently see something in him despite his lack of football experience so I guess that he is getting what he wants for now. I must admit that I am quite surprised that he is getting another NFL shot given that most of what anyone has seen of him has been on YouTube.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    My opinion on this situation is that, like Ravi, I'm not going to blame the player for taking a shot at the NFL. If that's where his mind is, so be it, because I don't want him in Argo camp if his head isn't going to be in the game because he feels he's in the lesser of the two leagues. One thing that a scouting department in the CFL has to be really careful about is situations like this. How does this prospect view the CFL?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    My opinion on this situation is that, like Ravi, I'm not going to blame the player for taking a shot at the NFL. If that's where his mind is, so be it, because I don't want him in Argo camp if his head isn't going to be in the game because he feels he's in the lesser of the two leagues. One thing that a scouting department in the CFL has to be really careful about is situations like this. How does this prospect view the CFL?
    The CFL draft really is unlike any other because of such peculiarities. IIRC, Reinders wasn't necessarily that high on anyone's radar two years ago until he blew everyone away with his testing numbers at the CFL combine (those results are shared with the NFL). Once that happened, he suddenly became a blue-chip prospect and he set his sights firmly on the NFL. I was particularly surprised that he didn't sign with the Argos this past season but the Giants must have told them when they worked him out in September that they might bring him to camp this year and he decided to wait around, especially as he would not have qualified to escape the CFL under the old option year rule. I know that David Naylor firmly believes that the removal of the option year rule hurts the CFL more than it helps it - I disagree - but this is one case where it may have had an effect.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Reinders whould not have played in the CFL anyway. He's a good two years away from being able to line up. I think the NFL is better equiped to develop a player on the practice roster than the CFL is. Staff is there year round for them, there is no 4.5 hour practice limitations. And he can get paid to develop like he would as an established starter in the CFL.

The last two drafts due to circumstances. Barker went into the draft with very poor intelligence on the players available. Or he chose to gamble. It may work n Tyler Holmes case. Now that the Argos have a proper structure for football operations. I would expect improvements in scouting, drafting and assessing talent.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 946
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Reinders has wasted time by not developing his skills. How does he expect to improve by taking out work ads in Kijiji? He must be getting bad advice from behind the scenes. Good luck to him in NYG camp. I agree with RoRoYoBoat, Reinders would not have played with the Argos anyway, other than on the PR. I would wager we have better o-lineman ahead of him anyway at this point in his young career.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm just sick of rehashing all of these names that will NEVER suit up in double blue. I want to look forward to this years draft.

ust watched that little vid on the 100th Grey Cup site and got jacked for Grey Cup. I really wish we'd have a team to take a good run but looking at our roster as it sits now I don't see it. I'm just going to take the year for what it is and look forward to returning home for Grey Cup 100 right after my 50th. I need something positive because as I've mentioned I HATE living here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The CFL draft really is unlike any other because of such peculiarities. IIRC, Reinders wasn't necessarily that high on anyone's radar two years ago until he blew everyone away with his testing numbers at the CFL combine (those results are shared with the NFL). Once that happened, he suddenly became a blue-chip prospect and he set his sights firmly on the NFL. I was particularly surprised that he didn't sign with the Argos this past season but the Giants must have told them when they worked him out in September that they might bring him to camp this year and he decided to wait around, especially as he would not have qualified to escape the CFL under the old option year rule. I know that David Naylor firmly believes that the removal of the option year rule hurts the CFL more than it helps it - I disagree - but this is one case where it may have had an effect.
    dunno about that Ravi. 18 reps isn't a number to write home about for an OL.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    dunno about that Ravi. 18 reps isn't a number to write home about for an OL.
    All I can remember is that he seemed to become a first-round prospect after that combine. Maybe he did particularly well on the one-on-ones then? I recall that the reason why he slipped down to the third round was because he had already signed in the NFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Michael Turner out of Bishops blew alot of people away with his testing numbers too. Even got a tryout with the Bears. Will he even be in a CFL camp this year?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Reinders went in fourth round, same round Argos drafted Steven Turner. He was another project whom we fans got prematurely excited about. I'm guessing his CFL "career" is over but if he is healthy I'd like to see him take one more shot at making the Argos. My recollection is that before he blew out his Achilles in 2010 camp, he could not catch passes, a bit of a career-limiting impedance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Reinders went in fourth round, same round Argos drafted Steven Turner. He was another project whom we fans got prematurely excited about. I'm guessing his CFL "career" is over but if he is healthy I'd like to see him take one more shot at making the Argos. My recollection is that before he blew out his Achilles in 2010 camp, he could not catch passes, a bit of a career-limiting impedance.
    I believe that Steven Turner was on Calgary's PR for a brief time last year but then ended up playing his final year of eligibility at Bishop's. His speed is certainly tantalizing if he can catch the ball. Thanks for the correction on Reinders being a fourth round pick. Nobody really knows whether he can be a pro football player with only eight CIS games and a couple of NFL preseason games under his belt from two years ago but I am guessing that the Giants like his physical characteristics at least and think that they could do something with them. It will be interesting to see if he ever amounts to anything.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Agreed.
    When he comes back, ignore him.
    What if he comes back and turns into an all-star?

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    You can't hold grudges like that. We are a small but proud group. Lets not turn into a bitter fan base. It is easy to be lured by the glitz of the NFL. Most of us would do the same. These guys have a small window and these opportunities are extremely rare.

Banned
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argonauter View Post

I don't know when this guy is going to grow up with a professional attitude and realize that the NFL is an elusive dream at best. He needs to come into Argos training camp and compete for a spot here to get his pro career going.

Surprisingly, it was actually GOOD advice from his advisors to sit out and not play football.

Reinders has no talent. He'd get his lunch eaten just the same in the CFL as he will in the NFL. His only hope at making money in football is to have an NFL team think they can take him on as a project to turn chicken sh!t into chicken salad and sign him to the PR for a year or so. Reinders would collect a couple hundred thousand on the PR before everyone acknowledges he's a waste of time and cuts him. Doesn't do any good for him to take a PR spot in the CFL - - the pay is garbage $500/wk. More importantly, Reinders would NEVER have a chance at an NFL tryout once teams saw him getting destroyed by second stringers in the CFL.

So Reinders could sit on the couch with his YouTube clip, claiming to be an NFL prospect and not get exposed as a turnstile by CFL rush ends. Just the same way that I could make a YouTube clip hitting the punching bag and claim to be a heavyweight boxing contender because I was never knocked out by Mike Tyson.

Banned
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post

What if he comes back and turns into an all-star?
    I'd wager you a pair of Grey Cup tickets that Chris Schultz will come back and turn into an all-star before Reinders will.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Won't Reinders actually have to get through mini-camp(s) before he can make it to actual NYG training camp?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Won't Reinders actually have to get through mini-camp(s) before he can make it to actual NYG training camp?
    Yes, he will have to survive mini-camp(s).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Area 51 View Post
    I'd wager you a pair of Grey Cup tickets that Chris Schultz will come back and turn into an all-star before Reinders will.
    If you will instead of would, I accept.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Signed with the Giants.