Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level

Season tickets increase?

With the Argos winning the 100th grey cup, will this equal more season tickets? I definitely hope so, still the best bang for the buck can't go wrong for $200!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoscflguy View Post
    With the Argos winning the 100th grey cup, will this equal more season tickets? I definitely hope so, still the best bang for the buck can't go wrong for $200!
    On TV this past weekend, it was mentioned that the goal was to get 2,000 new season ticket holders for next season. It was also mentioned in the pre-game show on Sunday that the Argos had two different marketing campaigns prepared - one in the event that they won the Grey Cup and another in the event that they lost.

There was quite a bit of info that came through on the weekend but one of the nuggets that I partially recall was that Mark Cohon, I believe, gave a figure regarding the increase in gate receipts for the Argos in 2012. Anyway, they had a healthy increase in that department which would seem to be evidence against the kind of papering that some in the Rogers-controlled media (e.g., Bob McCown, Damien Cox) have been claiming that the Argos have been doing.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I believe, gave a figure regarding the increase in gate receipts for the Argos in 2012. Anyway, they had a healthy increase in that department which would seem to be evidence against the kind of papering that some in the Rogers-controlled media (e.g., Bob McCown, Damien Cox) have been claiming that the Argos have been doing.
    How much of that increase was due to people wanting to get Grey Cup tickets though? We'll never really know, either way it was good for the team. My concern at the beginning of the season was "If we don't make the playoffs how many season tickets will drop off." Winning the Grey Cup is only going to benefit the team. Some of those that just wanted Grey Cup tickets and bought seasons will stay on now and there will be many "bandwagon jumpers" that are now looking to get season tickets. I have no issue with "bandwagon jumpers" as long as they don't then turn around when the team is not so hot and go to the opposite side of the spectrum because that is just hypocrisy. Either way next year will be a healthier financial year for the team which is great. Hopefully we will be just as competitive on the field next and the trend will continue. It was a great year and a great ride, I will never forget it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Well I know of two guys that just got for the GC. So I can imagine that a certain percentage of any ST pickup this year will be lost. Don't think they have it in their plans to renew for 2013 but you never know.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I bought a ticket to encourage the team. Don't think they'll rake in the numbers bc did this year but they should at least be able to average 25,000. I think the ticats and argos should just meet 4 times at rogers next year to encourage bigger crowds instead of playing at guelph. the als will likely play the ticats in Laval's stadium in quebec city which will be fun.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I know of at least one or two people who plan to buy season tickets in wake of the Argos victory.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    The Grey Cup was good for me yet bad. Here's why. It was one of the best times I have had with my friends, wife, sports fans, and my "team" at an Argo game. Now the BUT......It opened my eyes to what I wanted out of a CFL game. I have had that experience at many other events and everytime I go to them, except an Argo home game. All 15 NASCAR races, all NFL football games, other CFL games, and the Memorial Cup. Its about the game day experience and the atmosphere in the sporting venue. The Memorial Cup was full at 5500 people yet was better then a regular season Argo game, point is I think its not the # of people in the stands but the game atmosphere. Look at Hamilton (been there, Loved it), Montreal, out west games. The fans sure are having more fun then us at an Argo game. I pay for seasons in the platinum section, yet I know people around me just pay the basic price and come crash my section. The place is so big people can do that and save money. I guess they are smarter then me.

Until I can sit in a stadium with a close to full house, have a lively tailgate, yell, scream, stand up, I may be done as a season ticket holder and just go with a flex pack. The Argos for me need to find and build a 25'000ish seat stadium out doors. For every ticket they lose I believe they will gain two if they do this.

I will also add I drive 1 1/2 hours to each game, and half the time spend the nite. No regrets, just want what I want and I have choices of what events I want to attend.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Well I converted a friend who is a soccer fan to go to Grey cup and buy a pair of season tix for next year.

Also dumb move if they increase prices.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I think there was a small increase. I'm on the fence about next season. Might be moving to Ottawa and that's a far drive for ST. We'll see I guess.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    The Grey Cup was good for me yet bad. Here's why. It was one of the best times I have had with my friends, wife, sports fans, and my "team" at an Argo game. Now the BUT......It opened my eyes to what I wanted out of a CFL game. I have had that experience at many other events and everytime I go to them, except an Argo home game. All 15 NASCAR races, all NFL football games, other CFL games, and the Memorial Cup. Its about the game day experience and the atmosphere in the sporting venue. The Memorial Cup was full at 5500 people yet was better then a regular season Argo game, point is I think its not the # of people in the stands but the game atmosphere. Look at Hamilton (been there, Loved it), Montreal, out west games. The fans sure are having more fun then us at an Argo game. I pay for seasons in the platinum section, yet I know people around me just pay the basic price and come crash my section. The place is so big people can do that and save money. I guess they are smarter then me.

Until I can sit in a stadium with a close to full house, have a lively tailgate, yell, scream, stand up, I may be done as a season ticket holder and just go with a flex pack. The Argos for me need to find and build a 25'000ish seat stadium out doors. For every ticket they lose I believe they will gain two if they do this.

I will also add I drive 1 1/2 hours to each game, and half the time spend the nite. No regrets, just want what I want and I have choices of what events I want to attend.
    I totally agree with you being at a regular season game can be pretty blah, to big of a venue with a very cold feel to it! Football is suppost to be played outdoors On real grass ( with real tailgating) and all of this adds excitement to your overall football experience, just like in " I hate saying it" ivor Wynn!! Real football tailgating, BBQ, beer, beer, football etc! Let's build a 25000-30000 seat stadium and be like the rest of the league and have some real fun!!
    I

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    I think there was a small increase. I'm on the fence about next season. Might be moving to Ottawa and that's a far drive for ST. We'll see I guess.
    I guess you will have first dibs on renegades/rough riders/roughriders/etc tix then

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post

Unfortunately with the way things are around the Rogers Centre it is not possible anymore to have an organic tailgate like they do in Hamilton. I thought however the Argos did a great job with the few tailgates they did outside Gate 11 this season and hope they do those again next year. If more people come out to them the better they will become. I understand your frustration with the platinum sections. Why not consider moving to the end zone? Tickets are cheaper, the view isn't as good but the atmosphere is better.

Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    Well I converted a friend who is a soccer fan to go to Grey cup and buy a pair of season tix for next year.
    I didn't convert a TFC season ticket holder but got one to also get an Argos season ticket for next year after she went to the GC game on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    Also dumb move if they increase prices.
    The prices were already set before we made the playoffs so there will not be an increase this year beyond what was already set.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:

Level
    The time has never been better for the Argos to grow their season ticket base and fan base in general. After hosting and most importantly winning the 100'th Grey Cup and receiving tons of coverage like never before I feel confident the numbers will rise. The trick of course is to keep he momentum.

Some claim they stay away because of the lack of atmosphere in the dome. Well the way to generate atmosphere is to get out to the dome and cheer on your team and not sit home complaining.

I know in the past the Argos never really used to release season ticket numbers. Has that changed and if so when do they begin updating them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Got a call from my rep today. My seats are going up $10 per season ticket. I think I can handle that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    I won't be renewing my seasons next year for the first time since 2006. But I will try to make it to a few games, and hopefully the atmosphere will get better. And if you're at the dome, please cheer, because the fans this year were sometimes so quiet and lame! Haha. I swear, sometimes we would be on defence and out of 22,000 people in the dome it seemed like less than 200 people cheering in the entire stadium. That's just not enough noise. It comes too sporadically. We have a stubbornly quiet crowd. It's not just Argos games. Toronto Rock games in the past 5 years or so are also painfully quiet. As are most Raptors and Leafs games. Ditto for TFC games except for the group of crazy drunks in the endzone.
    Last edited by Mulder; 12-06-2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Removed Swearing

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    If you stop going.. the atmosphere will just get worse. We have to go and try to fill the place. Make noise. I think most people give up on making noise because of the stupid playign of fake noise that just drowns them out. Every time they come on and tell us to make noise, they play something so loud that we cannot even tell if we are making noise, so I have just given up on that. Same goes at most other sporting events around here. They keep pumping out so much noise that we stop becoming the crowd we shoudl be.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level

So true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle View Post
    I won't be renewing my seasons next year for the first time since 2006. But I will try to make it to a few games, and hopefully the atmosphere will get better. And if you're at the dome, please cheer, because the fans this year were sometimes so quiet and lame! Haha. I swear, sometimes we would be on defence and out of 22,000 people in the dome it seemed like less than 200 people cheering in the entire stadium. That's just not enough noise. It comes too sporadically. We have a stubbornly quiet crowd. It's not just Argos games. Toronto Rock games in the past 5 years or so are also painfully quiet. As are most Raptors and Leafs games. Ditto for TFC games except for the group of crazy drunks in the endzone.
    All Tdot sports are to quiet and to boring, except for TFc! I'll tell you why at TFc games 85% of the fans there are European decent, Europeans are very expressive don't care what people think! Very passionate about there sports, me being Italian am the same way. People in Toronto are to posh, and to laid back!! Come on make some ./$"; NOISE!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Toronto has always been a quieter sports town. Even back to the glory days of the Leafs. Probably because most Torontonians have a greater image of "self" and in general don't feel the need to impose loudness on others.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoscflguy View Post
    All Tdot sports are to quiet and to boring, except for TFc! I'll tell you why at TFc games 85% of the fans there are European decent, Europeans are very expressive don't care what people think! Very passionate about there sports, me being Italian am the same way. People in Toronto are to posh, and to laid back!! Come on make some ./$"; NOISE!
    How many TFC games have you been too?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I think it's a cool idea that they're sending a championship hat autographed by the team for early season ticket subscribers. Dec 14 is the deadline I think.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies