Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Bombers could have a tough start to the season

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...138251604.html

If they have to play their first three or four games of the regular season on the road, I wish them luck. I think that that kind of schedule contributed to the Argos' problems in 2011.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...138251604.html

If they have to play their first three or four games of the regular season on the road, I wish them luck. I think that that kind of schedule contributed to the Argos' problems in 2011.

Montreal played 3 of their first games on the road in 2010. Didn't affect them :P

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Where this could get interesting is if the Argos also need most of their home dates in the second half of the season, as was the case last year. I can't see the other two eastern teams being happy with both the Argos and Bombers getting six or seven home dates after Labour Day. The Free Press report seemed to suggest that the Bombers might not have a home game until the Banjo Bowl, which is around Week 10 -- surely the league would not allow them to play nine consecutive home games down the stretch? It's ridiculous, IMO, that they are not considering playing a few games at Canad Inns. Maybe that's just posturing to keep the construction guys moving fast.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Argos had already had four home games (WPG, MTL, SAS & BC) by the end of Labor Day Weekend so IMO the balance wasn't as extreme as what is being proposed in the Free Press. We did end up with consecutive home games in October I think, but we were already out of it by then.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    The Argos had already had four home games (WPG, MTL, SAS & BC) by the end of Labor Day Weekend so IMO the balance wasn't as extreme as what is being proposed in the Free Press. We did end up with consecutive home games in October I think, but we were already out of it by then.
    Five of first seven on the road last season, followed by two in a row at home to make it four out of first nine at home (one of which was on LDay weekend, an anomaly no one wants to see repeated). Back-to-back home games twice in a span of five weeks in the fall, which IMO is terrible for encouraging walkup traffic. I haven't looked at BJays schedule but I assume we will probably have to have at least five of our nine home games, and maybe six of them, after Labour Day. If Wpg is in the same boat, it will really muck up the schedule.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm sure the league will deal with it in due course. The Blue Bombers won't be allowed to have so many home games in the latter half of the season.

Argo Dave would have a cornary.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Where this could get interesting is if the Argos also need most of their home dates in the second half of the season, as was the case last year. I can't see the other two eastern teams being happy with both the Argos and Bombers getting six or seven home dates after Labour Day. The Free Press report seemed to suggest that the Bombers might not have a home game until the Banjo Bowl, which is around Week 10 -- surely the league would not allow them to play nine consecutive home games down the stretch? It's ridiculous, IMO, that they are not considering playing a few games at Canad Inns. Maybe that's just posturing to keep the construction guys moving fast.
    This depends on if the Rogers Centre gets booked for any other dates.

I've pointed out in my 2012 Vacation Planning thread (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...lanning-Thread)
    That it looks like we'll have 4 home games before labour day.
    I highly doubt that will change.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Four out of our first nine at home is not necessarily a problem depending on how that is structured. In 2011 though, playing five of our first seven on the road did not do us any favours. We were 1-2 after our three game road trip to start the season which was okay but things seemed to spiral downhill on us after we lost our home opener. Suddenly we were 1-3 which would soon become 1-6.

I think that the Bombers are ripe for a fall this year - and I know that there were fans around the league but especially Bomber fans who felt the same way about us in 2011 - and having a road heavy early schedule could put that team in a hole that they cannot dig themselves out of.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The Argos should have a better balanced schedule this year because the Jays have a more Argo-friendly schedule in 2012 compared to 2011.

Bombers should just play at the old stadium until the new place is ready, or ask to play on the road for the first three games. Playing 9 on the road followed by 9 at home would be ridiculous for them and the league.