Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Phaneuf was having a rough game even before the unfortunate OT goal, but overall I thought the Leafs played really well. Obviously winning the series now will be very difficult. Just hoping they can carry last game's effort into game 5.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

I've been secretly starting to watch some Leafs games in the last two months, and have caught most of the playoff games. Last night's game was awesome! While I know I have declared in the recent past, that Canadian Hockey is dead (talkin' 'bout old-school wars), as long as the refs let the boys play (which they seem to be allowing), then it might still have life. I was never into vicious stick-work, or head-shots, but Canadian Hockey should be rough and tough and physical, as opposed to the European/Russian "ballerinas on ice" non-contact style.

In any case, being down 3-1 to the Bruins, may be a blessing in disguise, as this young Leafs team will have to dig down even deeper, into their hearts and character, to overcome this obstacle. If they succeed, then they will go further in the playoffs, as opposed to just fluking a way to sneak past the Bruins, had they beat them more easily and readily....

Ka' Pla !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I really hope that CBC stops with this family-cam nonsense. Does anyone really need to see 30 shots a game of Reimer's wife and mother reacting to every goal and save? And, sadly, one of the top stories in the media since the end of Game 4 is this supposed dirty look that Reimer's wife and Phaneuf's girlfriend gave each other. The Toronto media seem to be getting more ridiculous by the day.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I really hope that CBC stops with this family-cam nonsense. Does anyone really need to see 30 shots a game of Reimer's wife and mother reacting to every goal and save? And, sadly, one of the top stories in the media since the end of Game 4 is this supposed dirty look that Reimer's wife and Phaneuf's girlfriend gave each other. The Toronto media seem to be getting more ridiculous by the day.

Agreed. (Superfluous words here added, since my previous word/message was apparently too short, to be allowed onto this apparently non-brevitous, comment box. Oh, and "non-brevitous", or for that matter "brevitous", are apparently new words, since they don't appear on an "internet search". I hope this message is long enough to qualify for "non-brevity", and I am always humbly willing, to aid in the advancement and evolution of the English language in general, and The Queen's English in particular.) Ka'Pla !

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Reimer played his butt off tonight to hold off the Bruins. I thought it was done the way all the Leafs seemingly lost their ability to skate after they went ahead 2-0. If these clowns can play a solid 60 minutes the series would be over with TO winning. When they keep their legs moving and hitting they do well.

I'm actually very happy at this point and at least the organization is finally heading in the right direction.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Reimer played his butt off tonight to hold off the Bruins. I thought it was done the way all the Leafs seemingly lost their ability to skate after they went ahead 2-0. If these clowns can play a solid 60 minutes the series would be over with TO winning. When they keep their legs moving and hitting they do well.

I'm actually very happy at this point and at least the organization is finally heading in the right direction.
    They seem to be headed in the right direction but there will certainly be much more pressure and higher expectations for them next season and in a league with so much parity plus an 82-game season again, they will have to prove that their progress this season was no fluke.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    That's the real test. Can this bunch make it through an 82 game season. Looks to me like a few are already spent. When Boston was all over them in the third Leafs where just reaching out with their sticks. I keep saying that they forgot that they were on skates. They were gassed and this is just the first round.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    If the Leafs can win on Monday night, one would have to think that their chances would be pretty good against either Washington or the Rangers.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    WOOOW!!!! I didn't see this excitement and crap load of fun coming. I forgot how much fun it was to have the Leafs in the playoffs and doing well. Could work well with TO tucked into their Boston hotel beds when the bruins got stuck in TO because of plane issues.
    Grabovsky made things more exciting than they needed to be.

I hope they can pull it out. Glad we didn't trade for Lou!!!

Go Leafs Go!!!

Day of game #7 and I'm pumped for this. I had a dumb recall on our Vibe so I hit the dealership this morning wearing a Leaf hat and shirt. Everyone had a comment. Never thought this bunch could do this well against Boston and they've made me very proud win or lose tonight. However it's always better to win.

Go Leafs Go!!!!!
    Last edited by 1argoholic; 05-13-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Heading into OT after the Leafs forget how to skate, clear the puck from their zone and hit. TOOOO Many FLOATERS on this team. They all need to go to backhand and faceoff school. I'm 50 and haven't played in years and I have a better backhand. The whole team needs to get backhanded in the head during intermission. This could go down as another total Leaf FLOP.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Heading into OT after the Leafs forget how to skate, clear the puck from their zone and hit. TOOOO Many FLOATERS on this team. They all need to go to backhand and faceoff school. I'm 50 and haven't played in years and I have a better backhand. The whole team needs to get backhanded in the head during intermission. This could go down as another total Leaf FLOP.
    I haven't watched too much of this one, saw the last Bruins goal in regulation, Phaneuf is absolutely brutal!!!!
    Feel bad for Reimer, the guy has played his heart out and the "Captain" hangs him out to dry by not even attempting to move Chara out from in front of the net.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Pretty ugly collapse. Still nobody expected the Leafs to make the playoffs and nobody expected them once they did to get to game seven.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Pretty ugly collapse. Still nobody expected the Leafs to make the playoffs and nobody expected them once they did to get to game seven.
    I agree. Just getting to the playoffs was victory enough for this team this season and pushing Boston to OT of the seventh game was much more than almost anyone could have imagined. Having said all of that though, I thought that the game was over at 4-1 and I thought that the Leafs would have had a good shot at getting to the third round at least if they could have won this series. Anyway, Boston staged one of the greatest comebacks in Stanley Cup playoff history tonight and you have to give them credit for that, especially for how beat up they were on defence. It is unfortunate for the Leafs that they were the victims.

Oh, one more thing - I don't want to hear any nonsense in the coming days about Ottawa being "Canada's Team".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I agree. Just getting to the playoffs was victory enough for this team this season and pushing Boston to OT of the seventh game was much more than almost anyone could have imagined. Having said all of that though, I thought that the game was over at 4-1 and I thought that the Leafs would have had a good shot at getting to the third round at least if they could have won this series. Anyway, Boston staged one of the greatest comebacks in Stanley Cup playoff history tonight and you have to give them credit for that, especially for how beat up they were on defence. It is unfortunate for the Leafs that they were the victims.

Oh, one more thing - I don't want to hear any nonsense in the coming days about Ottawa being "Canada's Team".
    Ravi
    Agreed in one respect, looking at the big picture yes the Leafs made the playoffs and acquitted themselves well.
    Young developing teams hopefully learn and remember how bitter this type of loss feels and use this as motivation going into next year. Admittedly right now it is pretty hard to take anything positive out of this one.
    Lets all look forward to later this month when Toronto only championship team opens training camp!!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    wow, whay a bummer. Leafs made a series of it. good for them

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Leafs made history at least. (In a Greg Norman fashion)

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I was feeling exactly like I did in 87 when Jerry Kauric hit that late fieldgoal to beat us in the Grey Cup. What a way to suck the life out of your fans. I feel better today knowing that we gave Boston a much more talented team a near heart attack. I think Boston is ripe for the picking. Go Rangers Go!!!
    Bruins are very dirty as well. That elbow by Kelly should get him at least a game.

The Leafs must find a tough forth line that can actually be useful in the playoffs. They need to learn how to keep the peddle down. They all need to learn taking faceoffs and how to backhand the puck. Deon needs to step his game back and play a simple style of D. He gets running around and lost. I think a guy like Brown who was traded to Edmonton would have been a better playoff forth liner.

Sad but not nearly as sad as that Tim Bosma news. Sick shite for sure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Glad they're done. I guess the Bruins are the closest to being Canada's team now.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Will the Stanley Cup playoffs end by the time the CFL regular season begins? It is going to much closer than it should be.