Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    If it means saving the Argos and having bigger crowds by forcing Leafs ST holders to buy tickets, I can live with it. I'm at the point now where I just want the Argos and CFL to be strong, by any means necessary.
    I am not sure how I feel about this possibility.
    If it means financial and long term stability,whats the alternative?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I am not sure how I feel about this possibility.
    If it means financial and long term stability,whats the alternative?
    There might not be any. There aren't too many David Braley's out there.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    There might not be any. There aren't too many David Braley's out there.
    To MLSE, or not to MLSE? That is one big question!

Hopefully the Argos can stay independent, but you're right -- there might not be a choice.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    the Senator is obviously doing the Lord's work by steering our ship and absorbing the loses for a few seasons. i'm glad he got to host and win a GC last season and obviously would love it if the same happened for him this season that's the sort of karmic payback that the man deserves, imo.

clearly as a business owner and as a 70 year old man, he has to concern himself with his family's future and for him that would include having exit strategies for all of his business ventures before he is too old to run them, wants to settle down, or (heaven forbid) he shuffles off his mortal coil.

MLSE is the obvious group... and if the Argos can show value to them, then our club will have a new stable owner and have paid back the man (and his family) who got us through a tough time.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I for one am very happy and excited by this move. Nicholson is a classy guy and no doubt a solid businessman, but the Argos needed a Keith Pelley type of character to right the ship. I believe rudge when he states that Nicholson fixed the business operations from what he took over for, as C+S did many good things, but I always felt they had way too much of a hands on approach and aside from hiring Pelley did not run the team well or make solid decisions. Rudge is great with the media, sells ideas and puts them into motion (Own the Podium was his idea and that worked out quite well, actually the whole 2010 Olympics worked out well). Rud'ge also has solid business contacts not only Nationwide but globally, also the fact that he has these "meetings" with Beeston and the Execs at MLSE, could also benefit the Argos in the long term. As for Rudge thinking that MLSe might want to buy the Argos if they become profitable, I don't see that happening, but it is in the realm of possiblities. With Beeston bringing up going with a grass field and having a Baseball specific facility, I would think it won't happen anytime soon (next 2-3 years doubtful) but I have read articles that Rogers is looking for a large scale renovation with the Skydome, and that is not for an NFL team. I think the NFL dream is being pushed aside for now. Let's be honest though the Argos only have 2 options BMO and the Dome, unless the Olympics are coming in a new stadium is more wishful thinking than an NFL team. Have to wonder though if MLSe did eventually take over the Argos, would a move to BMO be more realistic ? I'm sure MLSE could get some government money if they state that they need it to make BMO CFL ready and expand it, but it could benefit the city more...... as the Argos would pay more rent/generate more revenue for the city, plus if would allow MLSE the chance to make BMO ready/large enough for a Winter Classic and potential growing fanbase for TFC.