Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CFLHorsemen.ca

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks for the great resource, Childress. I think your Argos info is pretty accurate, but it reads as though you think Durie will replace Watt's starts. Durie is a core player who had an injury plagued 2014, and is someone we'll be relying on this year. Watt was a secondary receiver and it's not clear that we need to replace him with a national.

If our staff and scouts really love Demski or Durant we might draft them and use whichever plus Coombs at field WR, but I think your interpretation is correct. We'll probably use #3 to reinforce our OL or perhaps grab Waud to back up Laing and hope to pick up a good guard at #12.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    My 1st pick all along for the Argos has been Sukh Chungh OG who would fit nicely at RG for them. However, it appears he will go 1st or 2nd overall if some of the experts are correct. I would still take an OLineman at number three but Daryl Waud is a special player as well at DT and who could eventually end up on the OLine.
    Going by CFL Horseman's picks. I like Jim Bodanis at #2 instead of Lavoie. Ese Mrabure at #3 instead of Ettore Lattanzio, or even Jake Harty or Ron Omara if they're are still on the Board. LB Konar at #4? maybe but they have lots of Linebackers. I like CB Brendan Morgan at #5 if he is still there. WR Enchill and K Treloar at #7 . Don't know much about them except Enchill didn't do well at the combine which means he could fall to the 7th round.

I would be surprised if LB Adrian Clarke is still on the board at #37 in the 5th round. Same with RB William Langlais number #47 in the 6th. He tested very well at the combine. 4.6 forty and good size at 6'2 225.
    Overall good show.
    Last edited by doubleblue; 04-24-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    My 1st pick all along for the Argos has been Sukh Chungh OG who would fit nicely at RG for them. However, it appears he will go 1st or 2nd overall if some of the experts are correct. I would still take an OLineman at number three but Daryl Waud is a special player as well at DT and who could eventually end up on the OLine.
    Going by CFL Horseman's picks. I like Jim Bodanis at #2 instead of Lavoie. Ese Mrabure at #3 instead of Ettore Lattanzio, or even Jake Harty or Ron Omara if they're are still on the Board. LB Konar at #4? maybe but they have lots of Linebackers. I like CB Brendan Morgan at #5 if he is still there. WR Enchill and K Treloar at #7 . Don't know much about them except Enchill didn't do well at the combine which means he could fall to the 7th round.

I would be surprised if LB Adrian Clarke is still on the board at #37 in the 5th round. Same with RB William Langlais number #47 in the 6th. He tested very well at the combine. 4.6 forty and good size at 6'2 225.
    Overall good show.
    Lavoie is a CIS all-star OT, plus several times unanimous Q-conference all-star as well; Bodanis is a fomer CIS D-lineman who got converted to O-line in US college ball and didn't play much. I'd take Lavoie any day.

Lattanzio is a very under-sized for the pros DT - but a productive college player there and a good athlete; rather see the Argos go with a bigger DT if they do not get Waud early; Donnovan Dale and Jacob LeBlanc (300+ pounder) are CIS all-star type DTs who i believe will be available in the later rounds.

The Argos need another Canadian LB like a hole in the head compared to other position needs IMO.

I'd take McEwen over Chungh; i believe Blake Nill may have referred to him as the best O-Lineman he has coached in college ball = which says a lot since he's had some good ones with the Dinos.

Safety Anthony Coady (Montreal) is another sleeper late round guy I'd love to see the Argos be able to get in later rounds - maybe not a big tester, but a smart proven college ball player and another several time Q all-star.

Dont see many very good late round receiver picks - after the big 3 or so; much rather see proven CIS receiver and great athletic tester - Psczonzak - from last year's draft, brought back for a close look. Leamar Duant - IF he does not get NFL interest (I'll bet he does though) would be an intriguing 1st pick for the Argos IMO.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    I worked hard today to analyze this year's CFL stats to evaluate the season so far. There are several encouraging stats, but penalties are the major negative.

I went on to look at who is the head referee in games with the most penalties which will be interesting going forward.

I also looked at which penalties are getting called more this year.

Check it out: http://www.cflhorsemen.ca/stats.html
    Please come and check us what us Stampeder fans are saying at www.cflhorsemen.ca

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Childress View Post
    I worked hard today to analyze this year's CFL stats to evaluate the season so far. There are several encouraging stats, but penalties are the major negative.

I went on to look at who is the head referee in games with the most penalties which will be interesting going forward.

I also looked at which penalties are getting called more this year.

Check it out: http://www.cflhorsemen.ca/stats.html
    Thanks for posting! I think that you and the statistics capture quite well what is happening so far this season.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force