Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I would be very surprised if the Argos had more then 5,000 season ticket holders. Sad but very likely.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue1873 View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how they're going to accommodate all ST holders in Varsity? It's only got 5,000 seats and I'm pretty sure we have something like 10,000-12,000 ST holders (am I wrong?). It might work if they could put in temporary seating but it doesn't look as if there's much room for temp bleachers. Or maybe they're just hoping for a positive vibe from the historic link? It's a nice publicity stunt in that sense but putting a game at a 5,000-seat stadium isn't going to help generate a lot of buzz (I'm assuming it's one of the two pre-season games that won't be televised because otherwise it won't look too impressive on TV).

Anyone got any scuttlebutt on this? Thanks.
    1. The game at Varsity will garner tons more buzz than a preseason game at Skydome in the media.

2. The problem regarding seats is an easy solve for the team. When tickets come out they will only send tickets to the people who will be attending. 1st will be any new season seat buyers this off season and then followed by seniority. Some people will complain but the team will explain that preseason games are always a freebee as far as season tickets go. The team also is counting on the many (who think Varsity is a horrible idea) will not be mad they didn't get a ticket since they didn't want to attend.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Does anyone else remember when the schedule was released, it showed 6 of the 8 pre-season games were going to be on TSN/TSN2? I just looked at the schedule on the CFL website and it shows none of the games being shown on TV. I also looked at the TSN website and it shows only 2 games being televised, 1 on TSN and the other on TSN2. I remember that the Argo game at Varsity was not going to be televised but I was sure that 6 of the other 7 games were.

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    Does anyone else remember when the schedule was released, it showed 6 of the 8 pre-season games were going to be on TSN/TSN2? I just looked at the schedule on the CFL website and it shows none of the games being shown on TV. I also looked at the TSN website and it shows only 2 games being televised, 1 on TSN and the other on TSN2. I remember that the Argo game at Varsity was not going to be televised but I was sure that 6 of the other 7 games were.
    Ya, I don't know what happened there but it was originally going to be six pre-season games broadcast and now it looks like only two.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Ya, I don't know what happened there but it was originally going to be six pre-season games broadcast and now it looks like only two.
    I'm disappointed as watching preseason games out here in Vancouver was my one chance to get a sense (however imperfect with so many players moving in and out of the lineup and playing against many players who would not make our opponents' regular season rosters) of where the Argos, especially the new ones, were at other than your posts on here. I remember with great fondness seeing Kackert go for a TD on a broken play, Barker saying "He's a keeper", and my thinking he's way more than that. Of course, it doesn't make up for learning Williams got cut two minutes after I said he looked great.