Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    DL.....??? How about defence, in general....

Paige-Moss will be one DE. Huntley.....and then......??

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    I liked Ricky a lot in toronto despite his declining numbers. I had a feeling he was going to sask after his tweets last week were all retweets from rider fans asking him to sign in sask. He also mentioned something about owning a condo on the west coast and east end with nothing in between. I know he doesn't fit the Jones plan but I still have a hard time with not signing the most outstanding Canadian from gc and for a paycut! Good luck to him I guess just not against us.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Interested to see who we bring in to play DL as basically everyone from last year is gone. Both our lines are starting to concern me.
    David Lee impressed a bunch of Argo fans with his limited playing time as a rookie last year i think - looked strong with a motor; however I doubt he will "earn" a full-time starting job next season; the Argos could look to replace Foley as their one NI only need apply for a full-time playing gig on D however - by drafting one of the top DEs in this year's draft crop (Malumba (E. Michigan), D'Aguilar (Mac) or Joseph (U Conn) - and hoping one of them pan out to play at DE in a rotation with Lee? There is also - IMO - a number of top notch DTs in this draft (a couple of who still have NCAA time left however) - the top 2 might be Gaydosh and Charles (both of whom might be good enough to step in and play right away in the CFL), and could maybe combine with last year's pick Laing (when is he going to be signed?), in a similar rotation of a NI starting at DT? Gaydosh & Charles maybe both likely to be gone by the time of the Argos first pick though i bet.

I have an inkling that Jones - IF the Argos need to have a starting NI on D (with 4 O-Line and 2 receivers as starters on O?) - could go to the one NI on D by committee/rotation -that he semed to use with the Stamps ahwile back; Lee or whoever in sometimes at DE, maybe Laing or a draft pick at DT some; maybe Matt Black in the D-backfield in some packages; maybe Yurichuck or Pottinger (or Tonye-Tonye - when is he going to be signed?) at MLB some ? - lots of subbing and rotation.

Of course - with all the holes and openings on the Argo D now - there is the possibilty - with real, open TC competition and without the pencilling-in stuff - that Lee or a draft pick could start at DE; maybe Laing at DT; maybe Black wins an open D-backfield starting job; maybe Yurichuck or Pottinger win the starting MLB job; and the Argos could have 3 or more starting NIs on D; very unlikely however, but open competition and lots of options are possible - I believe anyways.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    It is true his numbers have been declining.
    On top of which he is not an impact guy that we all envisioned he would be like in BC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    It is true his numbers have been declining.
    On top of which he is not an impact guy that we all envisioned he would be like in BC.
    So - when as an Argo: he led all D-Lineman in the league in tackles (by a whopping margin in 2011), or had a great GC game to help the Argos win the Grail - he was not an "impact guy" ???

More like - he was not a real favored guy or got along with/ by Jones and Argos coaches and they think they can do better at DE - so you move on; happens plenty in football. And I hope the Argos come up with great & better DEs to replace Foley and Flemons this season.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Jones D didn't fit Foley but it's sad to lose a good Canadian talent who seemed to love playing near home. I won't be cheering for him as I hate Sask.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    It's going to be interesting to see what next year's DL looks like. Since we can expect several more signings, it's hard to even guess who our new starters will be. It's comforting to realize that we probably won't have any trouble starting seven NIs regardless.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see what next year's DL looks like. Since we can expect several more signings, it's hard to even guess who our new starters will be. It's comforting to realize that we probably won't have any trouble starting seven NIs regardless.
    Starting seven non-imports isn't going to be the problem but ideally you would like to be starting at least eight so that if one goes down to an injury you are not forced to do a lot of shuffling.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    As good as Washington was at LT, I think Reinders might be given a shot to start there. Five NIs on the o-line would provide much greater flexibility ratio-wise. Otherwise, I'd like to see Pottinger or Yurichuk starting at MLB, and I think there's a decent chance David Lee starts -- he was, IMO, quite a bit better than Foley most of last season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    As good as Washington was at LT, I think Reinders might be given a shot to start there. Five NIs on the o-line would provide much greater flexibility ratio-wise. Otherwise, I'd like to see Pottinger or Yurichuk starting at MLB, and I think there's a decent chance David Lee starts -- he was, IMO, quite a bit better than Foley most of last season.
    Everytime someone mentions David Lee Better than Foley. Don Foley creates another account here.

:P

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    of course, the Argos admirals insist no deal is done

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    of course, the Argos admirals insist no deal is done

Well, didn't B.C. think they had a deal with Foley before he signed with the Argos? I guess anything is possible.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    AngeloV - The difference would be that TSN had confirmed the transaction last night via CFL's transaction report.

I wouldn't say this is a huge loss. Barker will find new talent!

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    You'd think by some of the reactions to his departure that we'd lost Ricky Ray or something.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:

Level
    Well Foley has gone from the heaven of TO to flat out HELL! Hope he likes fishing and hunting.

Boatman
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Achievements:
    Level
    I for one will miss him as a character. I think he provided some great coverage/defence in the latter half of the season, and showed strong potential to carry that into 2012. You never want to lose and MOC right after a GC win, but those are the breaks. Many complained our defence had holes. Perhaps some change will prove to be very good for us.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    David Lee impressed a bunch of Argo fans with his limited playing time as a rookie last year i think - looked strong with a motor; however I doubt he will "earn" a full-time starting job next season; the Argos could look to replace Foley as their one NI only need apply for a full-time playing gig on D however - by drafting one of the top DEs in this year's draft crop (Malumba (E. Michigan), D'Aguilar (Mac) or Joseph (U Conn) - and hoping one of them pan out to play at DE in a rotation with Lee? There is also - IMO - a number of top notch DTs in this draft (a couple of who still have NCAA time left however) - the top 2 might be Gaydosh and Charles (both of whom might be good enough to step in and play right away in the CFL), and could maybe combine with last year's pick Laing (when is he going to be signed?), in a similar rotation of a NI starting at DT? Gaydosh & Charles maybe both likely to be gone by the time of the Argos first pick though i bet.

I have an inkling that Jones - IF the Argos need to have a starting NI on D (with 4 O-Line and 2 receivers as starters on O?) - could go to the one NI on D by committee/rotation -that he semed to use with the Stamps ahwile back; Lee or whoever in sometimes at DE, maybe Laing or a draft pick at DT some; maybe Matt Black in the D-backfield in some packages; maybe Yurichuck or Pottinger (or Tonye-Tonye - when is he going to be signed?) at MLB some ? - lots of subbing and rotation.

Of course - with all the holes and openings on the Argo D now - there is the possibilty - with real, open TC competition and without the pencilling-in stuff - that Lee or a draft pick could start at DE; maybe Laing at DT; maybe Black wins an open D-backfield starting job; maybe Yurichuck or Pottinger win the starting MLB job; and the Argos could have 3 or more starting NIs on D; very unlikely however, but open competition and lots of options are possible - I believe anyways.
    Won't Malumba, D'Aguilar and Joseph all likely be off the board by the time we pick?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Well Foley has gone from the heaven of TO to flat out HELL! Hope he likes fishing and hunting.
    Mark, is it true, that Area 51 is coming out to stay at your place for a week or so. Just keep him off the site

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    'flat out hell'. almost as good as 'big green incestfest'. you have a way with words 1argo.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies