Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Isn't it ironic that the Argos are in danger of being turfed out of the stadium that they are largely responsible for (because of the very wet 1982 Grey Cup)?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the Argos are in danger of being turfed out of the stadium that they are largely responsible for (because of the very wet 1982 Grey Cup)?
    Things have changed Ravi...things have changed...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    So sad, that the oldest football team in north america could be left without a home. This well either be a blessing for the Argos, in getting into a smaller place, or i hate to say it, GONE from the city of Toronto

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I was going to post what Ravi had already mentioned. I sat in the Scotia Bank section in the endzone at Grey Cup 82. I've sat through two very very pissing wet games and both were at the CNE. It wasn't long after that the talk of a domed stadium started.
    I however feel that once the Jays look at the cost of sod and all of the up keep will squash the idea. Why would they want to basically rebuild the field. You need water, some sort of grow lighting. It's a real stupid idea.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I was going to post what Ravi had already mentioned. I sat in the Scotia Bank section in the endzone at Grey Cup 82. I've sat through two very very pissing wet games and both were at the CNE. It wasn't long after that the talk of a domed stadium started.
    I however feel that once the Jays look at the cost of sod and all of the up keep will squash the idea. Why would they want to basically rebuild the field. You need water, some sort of grow lighting. It's a real stupid idea.

This however may be a blessing in disguise.
    Finally we are shown the door after being treated like a second class citizen.
    Enough and let's move on(hopefully)?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Didn't the mayor and/or his brother suggest building a new stadium on the waterfront (with a monorail, giant ferris wheel and a Macy's Warehouse outlet?)

I realize that was for a NFL team. But why not get the ball rolling by building a new CFL stadium, that could potentially be expanded to NFL standards in the future?

This way governments might be more apt to support it...saving the Argos and CFL while investing in the future by possibly attracting a NFL team. I frankly doubt the NFL would ever come to Canada, but his way the Argos could get their new football-specific stadium.

Just look at the money the provincial gov't is pouring into the Ticats new stadium...the Pan-Am soccer games are just an afterthought there. The Argos deserve no less.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Why doesn't Rogers just get their heads out of their asses and treat the Argos better. No need for a new stadium. Money doesn't fall from trees. I'm sick of this want want want bs. At some point in my almost 50 years we went from modest homes, one tv, one car that lasted forever to the crazy attitude of most today. There is nothing wrong with Rogers other than the owners. How many friggin stadiums does a city need?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    How many friggin stadiums does a city need?
    Just one that the Argos could use.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    How many friggin stadiums does a city need?
    Exactly, Thank You! This is the single biggest reason I've been so hell-bent towards bringing up BMO Field, had the City, MLSE, and The Argos worked together and built the York design, not only would this situation never come up, but we would have had an outdoor stadium that holds both soccer and football, allows for community usage, and could actually bring in millions of dollars in rent per year for the City of Toronto, as opposed to the paltry 1.2 million the city has made since BMO opened up. 1 outdoor stadium, 1 indoor stadium and an NHL/NBA arena is more than enough.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Exactly, Thank You! This is the single biggest reason I've been so hell-bent towards bringing up BMO Field, had the City, MLSE, and The Argos worked together and built the York design, not only would this situation never come up, but we would have had an outdoor stadium that holds both soccer and football, allows for community usage, and could actually bring in millions of dollars in rent per year for the City of Toronto, as opposed to the paltry 1.2 million the city has made since BMO opened up. 1 outdoor stadium, 1 indoor stadium and an NHL/NBA arena is more than enough.

The MLSE didn't want to work together with the Argos. I believe they intentionally skewed the design to prevent the Argos from ever playing there. Some may ask: Why would MLSE ever want to do something which could harm the Argos? I'll let the readers contemplate why that could be.

If RC goes with a permanent baseball configuration, the largest stadium in Toronto which could host a football game would be Varsity stadium or perhaps Lamport Field (both under 10,000 seats)? I'm not sure that is befitting of a "world-class" metropolis of 6 million with the 4th largest TV market in North America?

I can see a definite need for a medium-sized 35,000-seat outdoor stadium in Toronto. BMO is not even in the equation as they won't allow any CFL, CIS or high school football game ever to be played there...let alone concerts or trade fairs which could damage their beloved grass field. Toronto could never host another Grey Cup, NFL game or World Cup (BMO is too small) unless a new stadium is built.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Also in terms of Lot size I don't have the actual dimensions, but did find these numbers.
    Lamport Stadium Lot Size :11.152 acres
    Ivor Wynne Lots size including Brian Timmis Stadium : 14.953 acres
    Investors Group Field Lot Size : 21.173 acres

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Also in terms of Lot size I don't have the actual dimensions, but did find these numbers.
    Lamport Stadium Lot Size :11.152 acres
    Ivor Wynne Lots size including Brian Timmis Stadium : 14.953 acres
    Investors Group Field Lot Size : 21.173 acres
    Do they have a figure for Ivor Wynne not including Brian Timmis Stadium? I'd be curious to see what the lot size of the stadium is itself as compared to Lamport's lot size.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Do they have a figure for Ivor Wynne not including Brian Timmis Stadium? I'd be curious to see what the lot size of the stadium is itself as compared to Lamport's lot size.

Ivor Wynne currently sits on about an 8 Acre lot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    BMO...its the perfect home for the Argo's....(just change the seat colours to double blue, and blow up some concrete where the end zones belong)

Then that CITY owned stadium can have a PROFESSIONAL sport team as its tenant....

Another "Interm" solution is ship "Empire Stadium" to downsview while the re-construction of BMO is happening...
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Good thing even when moving back to Ontario I wouldn't be going to every game because a move to BMO should it ever happen is a HUGE step backwards. I remember way to many games with just horrible weather coming off the lake. The reason Skydome was built. We've yapped on and on and on about this. Football played in Nov in the prairies is more comfortable as a fan than along Lake Ontario. Hard to dress and stay warm in 4- 5 degrees with a wind and pissing rain. How long will Torontonians put up with that? They won't. If a new Stadium is ever built it has to be an open design with much coverage as you can get.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Ivor Wynne currently sits on about an 8 Acre lot.
    Thanks Mulder for looking up that information. I know there is a parking lot immediately south of Lamport Stadium with a bit of grass on either side before a road. The stadium practically backs onto King Street.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    I liked the old Exhibition Stadium...yea it was cold...but bringing in a sleeping bag(sometimes with a bottle of rye inside)...was fun times.

The 1982 Grey Cup was a little wet in the second half, but only cause my seats were in the bleachers, not the grandstand.

That said, your probably right..the youth of today doesnt even "play outside", so this video game generation probably isnt hearty enough to be an "all weather" fan, especially after enjoying the confines of an indoor stadium (Skydome).

The EX grounds,( BMO), is the PERFECT location for me, its just TOO EASY to take the GO train from Ajax...

Downsview, or York...would make me prone to not attending live games as much. Im unsure about Lamport, unless there was a stop very close.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Lamport Stadium is walking distance from the Exhibition GO Station.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Well to cut costs on a new stadium I can donate my CNE seat back. A few of us went and bought seats when they tore CNE down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    nobody is asking me, but if they did i would want an outdoor stadium in downsview that completely circled the field and had partial overhead cover and a capacity in the 28-33k range with a crapload of parking available.

and when people ask how many stadia does one city need, i don't see the club football teams of England lamenting that they have to build their own grounds or that a city like London will have several huge grounds like Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham (all over 30k capacity) and several other smaller ones like Fullham and QPR's. they can do it... do we just suck more than they do?
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN