Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    This isn't one political belief against another as some make it out to be. It doesn't matter what your political views are, if you can't see that Ford is a mess and needs to go then somethings wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    And for all the "left wing" vs "right wing" BS, a good person is a good person no matter what his political affiliations are. The Ford brothers are not good people.
    I agree with you both on this. Politically there are some things Ford has done that I agree with and some (probably most) that I don't. Being a mayor is not just about politics, it's also about representing the city you work for and in that regard he has done nothing but make us look like a joke. Leiweke's "Tommy Boy" comment wasn't far off. Rob Ford is the George W. Bush of mayors. I also agree with you AngeloV that the Ford brothers are not good people and that Doug is even worse than Rob. I think Doug actually believes he was elected co-mayor and pretty much is. I'm sure we are going to hear a lot more incriminating stuff about these two before all is said and done. I find this article interesting and I'm not a big fan of Chief Blair after the way he handled the G20 and the after math of that in this city. Also this is interesting for other reasons: Did Mayor Rob Ford call a radio show claiming to be "Ian from Etobicoke?"

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think he should resign. It doesn't really matter to me anymore if he's done certain good things as mayor. As T-Bone says he's done some good things and some bad things. It's not much different from an athlete like Robert Baker, for example, who was a descent enough as a player, but his off-field position made things untenable. But, he has no concept of dealing with the media. Yes, I would grant him that the Toronto Star probably has an agenda as far as he is concerned, but the way he has dealt with them doesn't help him either.

If he should resign it is really interesting as to what the aftermath would be. The city is very divided in terms of what the old City of Toronto wants versus what Scarborough, North York and Etobicoke want. For Ford to depart only to be replaced by Vaughn or Chow wouldn't help either but that's a different topic I guess.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The news just keeps coming daily. City Hall security e-mail was made public today noting an incident where a heavily intoxicated Rob Ford ended up back at City Hall on St. Patty's Day very late at night. He was swearing a blue streak, pretty much the usual when it comes to this very messed up man and his family. Between him and his brother it's like they never left grade 9 behind. His lawyer was mad that the tape wasn't just shown to the public. I'd love to see it and hear it. That would and should be the final nail for this right off.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The news just keeps coming daily. City Hall security e-mail was made public today noting an incident where a heavily intoxicated Rob Ford ended up back at City Hall on St. Patty's Day very late at night. He was swearing a blue streak, pretty much the usual when it comes to this very messed up man and his family. Between him and his brother it's like they never left grade 9 behind. His lawyer was mad that the tape wasn't just shown to the public. I'd love to see it and hear it. That would and should be the final nail for this right off.
    How often has Ford been spotted out in public in an inebriated state? This guy so obviously has drug/alcohol problems that it isn't even funny anymore. How he can't see that he needs to resign or at least take a leave of absence is absolutely baffling. If the Argos win the Grey Cup again this year, this guy will be presiding over another victory celebration at which I am sure will be many catcalls.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Just curious. How can anyone give actual proof that it's crack in the pipe? Sure, dope is not good either, but in a few years when it becomes legal, we could look back and think it was all not a big deal.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    This is the mayor of the forth largest city in North America. Dude shouldn't be pissed or boned on drugs in public, let alone caught in video footage partying with known drug dealers and the like. Having only seen footage of crack pipes on Cops and numerous other similar shows I'm sure police officers know exactly what type of drug pipe and drug was in the pipe. Doubt pot can even be smoked by crack pipe methods.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    This is the mayor of the forth largest city in North America. Dude shouldn't be pissed or boned on drugs in public, let alone caught in video footage partying with known drug dealers and the like. Having only seen footage of crack pipes on Cops and numerous other similar shows I'm sure police officers know exactly what type of drug pipe and drug was in the pipe. Doubt pot can even be smoked by crack pipe methods.
    And as you allude to, even if Ford wasn't smoking crack, does anyone really want their mayor hanging around with known drug dealers and criminals? And why is he doing that? Because they are such great company?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Just curious. How can anyone give actual proof that it's crack in the pipe? Sure, dope is not good either, but in a few years when it becomes legal, we could look back and think it was all not a big deal.
    Apparently he was lighting it from underneath rather than the top, which means he was either smoking crack or meth.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    He's not going to because he is far too stubborn for that. I honestly think he believed that he could make the video disappear and everything would work out for him because he is that arrogant. I also highly doubt he will be going to jail because the video alone is not enough to convict him on. He appears to have been smart enough to leave only circumstantial evidence around that his lawyers would be able to raise enough reasonable doubt around, that Ford would be found legally not guilty if he does get charged with anything. Unfortunately he is probably going to finish his term. I just hope to hell the people that voted for him now realize his incompetence to lead the City of Toronto and don't vote for him again. If he gets re-elected I may have to move out of this city.
    sadly I know too many people in Toronto who enjoy the gong show that is Rob Ford. Their mentality being that they are all the same (which they are) so might as well have a few laughs at his expense which I admit I have been guilty of.
    But now, if and when a choice is offered to give his job to someone who will spend their time serving the city and not defending personal choices day in and day out. I hope these people realize enough is enough, thanks for the laughs but its time to take Toronto's best interest to heart.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Apparently he was lighting it from underneath rather than the top, which means he was either smoking crack or meth.
    Thanks for the extra info. I will wait to see how everything plays out. It is interesting how some people react, sometimes hypocritical. They love to kick and trash someone when there down. I am not defending anyone, but people think this is the first politician to try cocaine, LOL. My own experiences with media, especially print, has taught me never to fully believe what you are told. I saw the movie Blackfish and I will still go to SeaWorld.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm not a fan of politians in general but Ford is just a total jackass who I wouldn't let hold one of my shovels let alone run the forth largest city in North America. How does this huge dork think that's he's so untouchable and can get stoned and hammered in public all of the time. They have footage of him smoking crack, swearing at media, pissing beside his SUV in public. Come ON! This tool needs to go and I'm not sure who's voting for this fool but I'm glad I don't call Toronto home. He will eventually crash his SUV into someone and kill them while driving hammered. Will that finally open peoples eyes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    My own experiences with media, especially print, has taught me never to fully believe what you are told.
    Do you apply that same standard to what politicians tell you?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Ummm....personal experience there Argolio? I for one would know nothing about such things.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Ummm....personal experience there Argolio? I for one would know nothing about such things.
    Do you want your regular monthly shipment or not?

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    That's exactly why he won't be charged because the video evidence alone is not good enough. All his lawyer has to do is create reasonable doubt which you have just done. Just because he is legally not guilty though doesn't mean he is not guilty. Do you believe O.J. is innocent?

Thanks for the extra info. I will wait to see how everything plays out. It is interesting how some people react, sometimes hypocritical. They love to kick and trash someone when there down. I am not defending anyone, but people think this is the first politician to try cocaine, LOL. My own experiences with media, especially print, has taught me never to fully believe what you are told. I saw the movie Blackfish and I will still go to SeaWorld.
    How is holding the mayor of the City of Toronto to a standard hypocritical? I'm sure other politicians have done drugs and the drugs are just one aspect of the Mayor Ford gong show. I'm a little confused as to what Ford apologized for on Sunday. According to him the tape doesn't exist, no? Like I said before I'm sure more information about these Ford clowns is going to come out before all is said and done. Looks like Doug Ford is on the offensive again making himself look like the idiot he is. Doug Ford says Toronto police chief Blair should resign.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I like the fact that the Fords are all over Chief Blair for doing his job. Blair isn't the one doing drugs and acting like a huge fool in the public eye day by day. Rob Ford was blowing smoke and had to hide behind a mike in a studio to give some very lame apology. He won't admit crap. It'll all come out and both Fords will look even more foolish than they do now.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    I like the fact that the Fords are all over Chief Blair for doing his job. Blair isn't the one doing drugs and acting like a huge fool in the public eye day by day. Rob Ford was blowing smoke and had to hide behind a mike in a studio to give some very lame apology. He won't admit crap. It'll all come out and both Fords will look even more foolish than they do now.
    They also know Blair can't release the tape at this time as it is evidence in a case before the courts. Unfortunately the case probably won't be before the courts until after the next election. I can only conclude that they believe by calling Blair out on releasing the tape and he not being able to do so, they think people may believe that the tape doesn't exist again. That's probably why Ford wasn't very specific in his "apology" to the people of Toronto.

Update: Breaking News: Mayor Ford admits he's smoked crack cocaine. Wow. I bet an adviser (other than his brother) told him that his "apology" on Sunday was weak and probably doing more harm than good. Confess and it might go away but that weak apology will just keep people questioning. Like I keep saying, I'm sure there are more "revelations" to come about Ford's credibility of character. Stay tuned. Same Ford time. Same Ford channel!
    Last edited by T-Bone; 11-05-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Update

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    They also know Blair can't release the tape at this time as it is evidence in a case before the courts. Unfortunately the case probably won't be before the courts until after the next election. I can only conclude that they believe by calling Blair out on releasing the tape and he not being able to do so, they think people may believe that the tape doesn't exist again. That's probably why Ford wasn't very specific in his "apology" to the people of Toronto.

Update: Breaking News: Mayor Ford admits he's smoked crack cocaine. Wow. I bet an adviser (other than his brother) told him that his "apology" on Sunday was weak and probably doing more harm than good. Confess and it might go away but that weak apology will just keep people questioning. Like I keep saying, I'm sure there are more "revelations" to come about Ford's credibility of character. Stay tuned. Same Ford time. Same Ford channel!
    And of course Doug has gone on the offensive today calling Chief Blair bias in the investigation. As I said before, these are 2 really bad people, and it wouldn't surprise me if something even more serious comes out of this...perhaps how one of the guys in the crack video is no longer with us?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It's hard to be a politician. They have to deal with a public that demands honesty ... but whenever you are honest with them they throw stones at you. So politicians learn that the public truly wants to be ... and deserve to be ... lied to.

And now we have a situation where Ford finally went against his advisers and told the truth (That he has some personal demons) as he probably wanted to from day one. And the stones will fly.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    It's hard to be a politician. They have to deal with a public that demands honesty ... but whenever you are honest with them they throw stones at you. So politicians learn that the public truly wants to be ... and deserve to be ... lied to.

And now we have a situation where Ford finally went against his advisers and told the truth (That he has some personal demons) as he probably wanted to from day one. And the stones will fly.
    Wow..do you really believe what you just typed?