Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Glad to see so much support for someone who suffers from mental illness and is trying to beat cancer.

Very classy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Glad to see so much support for someone who suffers from mental illness and is trying to beat cancer.
    What mental illness does he suffer from? Narcissistic Personality Disorder? I feel bad that the guy has cancer but that doesn't mean that he hasn't been a complete jerk for far too long or that he lied to the public that he is supposed to serve on a regular basis.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    What mental illness does he suffer from? Narcissistic Personality Disorder? I feel bad that the guy has cancer but that doesn't mean that he hasn't been a complete jerk for far too long or that he lied to the public that he is supposed to serve on a regular basis.
    Addiction is a mental illness:

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...mental-illness

People complain about Mayor Ford and his negative traits and then they exhibit those same traits when insulting him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Very classy.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say Rob Ford had a mental illness. Anybody can become addicted to something or other. I have known a lot of people over the years who were addicted to nicotine for an example, never thought they had metal illness. Cancer isn't something you would wish on your worse enemy. If the cancer doesn't get you the chemo will, unless one has an extremely strong immune system.
    I met Rob Ford one time before he was Mayor and had a good long talk mostly about football at first, as he had noticed the Argo hat I was wearing. Seemed like an ok down to earth guy for a Politician and I have met quite a few over the years. You can't judge a person by what you read in the media, especially ones with an agenda. I hope and pray he beats this cancer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say Rob Ford had a mental illness. Anybody can become addicted to something or other. I have known a lot of people over the years who were addicted to nicotine for an example, never thought they had metal illness. Cancer isn't something you would wish on your worse enemy. If the cancer doesn't get you the chemo will, unless one has an extremely strong immune system.
    I met Rob Ford one time before he was Mayor and had a good long talk mostly about football at first, as he had noticed the Argo hat I was wearing. Seemed like an ok down to earth guy for a Politician and I have met quite a few over the years. You can't judge a person by what you read in the media, especially ones with an agenda. I hope and pray he beats this cancer.
    The medical community classified addiction as a mental illness.

I've never met Mayor Ford (and I've never voted for him) but anyone could see right from the start that he wasn't going to get a fair chance from the media and the establishment. I believe that it was Adam Vaughan who said right after he was elected that they were going to ignore Mayor Ford and he'd be mayor in name only.

Hopefully he can beat cancer and his addiction issues.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Very classy.
    OK, Mr. Holier than thou.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    OK, Mr. Holier than thou.
    Hopefully no one that you care about is ever affected by mental illness or cancer.

Personally I think that it's in poor taste to kick someone when they're down and quite possibly dying.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Funny how slamming a "right wing" guy seems ok here....yet anytime a Lefty (like trudeau-lite) gets slammed,

The Mod's get involved almost immediately...hmmmm...

That said, its going to interesting how the mayor elect treats the Argo situation, will his past loyalties shine through?...or will he still be tied to the CFL hating rogers agenda????

I think Mike Clemons should have run for Mayor.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Hopefully no one that you care about is ever affected by mental illness or cancer.

Personally I think that it's in poor taste to kick someone when they're down and quite possibly dying.
    I have family members that have or had cancer. I lost my grandmother on my father's side to cancer. I know cancer is nothing to celebrate, but at the same time, I'm not going to feel sorry for someone like Rob Ford. I am of the opinion that he is a very bad person. Even far worse than what has become public. And as for his drug abuses to be a mental illness example, I don't buy that for a second. The only thing he may have a mental illness about is truth telling. This is a man, that as mayor of this city should at least have been doing everything in his power to keep drug dealers off the street, not hanging and partying with them. I realize it is a bit of fantasy world to expect to put an end to the dealers, but at least try, or as Bart Simpson would say, try to try.

Anyways, I also realize that this rant has no place in the Argo room, so I will stop now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Funny how slamming a "right wing" guy seems ok here....yet anytime a Lefty (like trudeau-lite) gets slammed,

That said, its going to interesting how the mayor elect treats the Argo situation, will his past loyalties shine through?...or will he still be tied to the CFL hating rogers agenda????

It's the Canadian way. Mayor Ford is an easy target because he's right wing and overweight. It seems to be socially acceptable to insult those two groups.

Pinball is to nice to be mayor of that circus. Canadian mayors don't have enough power, they're still only 1 vote.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post

And what laws has Trudeau broken? The Ford thing has nothing to do with right wing/left wing garbage. I'll leave those expressions to others. He's a bad person. Plain and simple.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I have family members that have or had cancer. I lost my grandmother on my father's side to cancer. I know cancer is nothing to celebrate, but at the same time, I'm not going to feel sorry for someone like Rob Ford. I am of the opinion that he is a very bad person. Even far worse than what has become public. And as for his drug abuses to be a mental illness example, I don't buy that for a second. The only thing he may have a mental illness about is truth telling. This is a man, that as mayor of this city should at least have been doing everything in his power to keep drug dealers off the street, not hanging and partying with them. I realize it is a bit of fantasy world to expect to put an end to the dealers, but at least try, or as Bart Simpson would say, try to try.

Anyways, I also realize that this rant has no place in the Argo room, so I will stop now.
    My condolences on your losses.

No offense intended but it doesn't matter what your opinion on addiction is. The medical community has classified addiction as a mental illness.

And what laws has Trudeau broken? The Ford thing has nothing to do with right wing/left wing garbage. I'll leave those expressions to others. He's a bad person. Plain and simple.
    For one he has admitted to smoking marijuana, which like smoking crack is illegal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    For one he has admitted to smoking marijuana, which like smoking crack is illegal.
    Now you're being funny.

Compare that to: he was convicted of driving drunk, he lied during an investigation, and if you really want to compare smoking pot to smoking crack cocaine with a bunch of drug dealers, then go right ahead.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    I am of the opinion that he is a very bad person. Even far worse than what has become public.
    Hey Angelo, i agree 100% that we need to get the drug dealers off the streets.

IMO, Rob Ford is a good person who has made some very bad choices. Why?, who knows. Whatever your stripe, I do NOT believe you kick a man while he's down.

But back to the topic at hand...what will his (mayor elect Tory) true colours be if pushed on an issue involving the Argo's/CFL??..will he acknowledge and CFL loyalties?, or will he tow the party line from his current "CFL Hating" rogers position?

100% correct...
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Now you're being funny.

Compare that to: he was convicted of driving drunk, he lied during an investigation, and if you really want to compare smoking pot to smoking crack cocaine with a bunch of drug dealers, then go right ahead.
    You asked.

Well the penalties for smoking marijuana have been decreased over the past few years it doesn't change the fact that it's illegal. Also since Justin Trudeau said that he smoked marijuana in the past had he been caught he would have faced much harsher penalties than today. Either way he would have a criminal record which would disqualify him from traveling to the USA which would likely be a problem for someone who is trying to become Prime Minister.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You asked.

Well the penalties for smoking marijuana have been decreased over the past few years it doesn't change the fact that it's illegal. Also since Justin Trudeau said that he smoked marijuana in the past had he been caught he would have faced much harsher penalties than today. Either way he would have a criminal record which would disqualify him from traveling to the USA which would likely be a problem for someone who is trying to become Prime Minister.
    Well, I guess you have educated me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Very classy.
    Allow me to adapt a somewhat famous comment of Rob Ford about people suffering with AIDS: if he did not grossly overeat, drink like a fish, and ingest large amounts of hard drugs, there's a good chance he wouldn't have contracted cancer.

I hope Rob overcomes cancer, but you get what you give, and not everyone will feel compassion towards him.

Pot has been decriminalized over the years and will very likely be fully legal in the near future. Crack will never be.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Pot has been decriminalized over the years and will very likely be fully legal in the near future. Crack will never be.
    I would argue that crack should be decriminalized for personal use along with all drugs and it should be treated as a medical issue and not a crime. They did it in Portugal and a few other countries, the results are fascinating. The "war on drugs" can't be won and it is an outdated approach to the issue.

Anyway, crack being legal or not doesn't exonerate Rob Ford from the many other stupid things he's done while in office and outside of it. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone and I hope he beats it but I'm happy he will no longer be Mayor in title shortly. He hasn't really be Mayor since they striped his powers.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    The whole Ford family suffers from delusions of grandeur and an egotistical view of their station in life (that is their mental illness). Add the drug and alcohol abuse, and voila, you have a family that thinks it is hot ----, but is actually a bag o' ----. Blob is already talking about his return to the mayoralty in 2018 ... good luck! I hope he gets REAL help, and gets healthy on all fronts. Glad I moved from the circus called Toronto 8 years ago.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Boy, now I know why I've stayed away from this board, actually it's more because I've been too busy...but to say that someone is a "bad person" and then sing the praises of someone who advocates legalizing Marijuana in an auditorium full of native high school students (who've traditional been terrible victims of substance abuse) is the oxymoron of oxymorons, hey, maybe remove the oxy.

And for all the marijuana advocates like Trudeau who may have not been affected at all by their use (could be debated)...it's extremely important to note that there has been much evidence to show that psychosis and other mental disorders have been associated in adults to a lifestyle of smoking marijuana from a very young age, as in the teen years when most people started using pot. Let's not talk about some of the social effects attached to it's increased use by teens. Usually it leads to decreased productivity in school, work or other interests such as sports and athletics. It can have long term affects, maybe not as pronounced as crack or as quickly as crack, but it's not exactly ice cream either.

I think Neely makes the best points about the establishment being up Ford's ass from day 1 regardless of his questionable activities. It's been the unofficial NDP councillors at City Hall that have been uncompromising and unwilling to work with him from day 1 and they've been led by their ringleaders at the Star, CBC and NOW to sabotage his mayorship. Sure he's done himself no favours but to be threatened with legal action for some of his positive activities like his football foundation was more than petty, it was visceral. This was a clear indication that his every action was being viewed through a much finer microscope than say...Dalton McGuinty's actions or Kathleen Wynne's actions with regards to who they've associated with. For a politician Ford had many friends (if you want to call them that) from untraditional sources for a Toronto politician. He mingled with many visible minorities from many walks of life in many neighborhoods where most of Toronto's established politicians would not even want to drive through...you'd think the Star would have celebrated that, but of course they would not because Ford was not their guy, a la George Smitherman, an admitted drug user whom they lauded as a great civic leader. Talk about hypocrisy at it's highest form.

To Angelo V, that beacon of moral high ground and high culture who quotes from Bart Simpson...(talk about laughable) if you're naive enough to think that any politician at City Hall, let alone anywhere else has never gone through life possibly doing something that could define them as a "bad person", who am I stop you from being naive, but present the full story. If you're going to put down Rob Ford for possibly drinking and driving as a municipal politician, use those same standards for councillors Bailao and Ainslee who have been alleged and charged for the same action. Be careful of the witchhunt that you wish upon others for you don't know how it can come back to bite you. In other words and much eloquently put and written, "May he who is without sin, be the first to cast stones."