Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Who will watch Super Bowl?

I watch the NFL but not into every single game and I don't get into all the betting crap. I watch the Vikes and certain other games. I'll watch the Super Bowl but the hype pisses me off. I hate the World Champ talk. I have to admit I hope for a blowout or a boring game. I just can't help myself as a huge CFL supporter to see the so called biggest game in the world to not live up to all of the hype. I hope former Wolverine Brady crushes Eli. If not that it's no skin off my arse.
    I can't watch ten hours of pregame BS with Actors marketing tv shows and former players plugging all sorts of bs products. I watched an Alaska St Troopers marathon on National Geographic. It's all about guns, drinking and drugging while driving. Crazy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I'll be busy scrubbing my toilet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Me and my dad are settling in now. Gooo Giants! But if Pats win I won't be disappointed, Doug Flutie will be thrilled. It's win-win for me.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I will be watching because I love the game of football. I agree that it is a giant "hype-machine" and CTV News seems to be eating it up right now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I wish that the Canadian media hyped the Grey Cup as much as they do the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl is the top story on all of the newscasts in Canada which wasn't the case with the Grey Cup. There is something very wrong with that IMO.

I will watch most, if not all, of the Super Bowl as this is the only NFL game all year that I watch that much of. I really don't care who wins though. BTW, it looks like people from Manitoba and Saskatchewan will tune into the Super Bowl in the largest numbers here in Canada: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/can...138603344.html
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I watch the NFL but not into every single game and I don't get into all the betting crap. I watch the Vikes and certain other games. I'll watch the Super Bowl but the hype pisses me off. I hate the World Champ talk. I have to admit I hope for a blowout or a boring game. I just can't help myself as a huge CFL supporter to see the so called biggest game in the world to not live up to all of the hype. I hope former Wolverine Brady crushes Eli. If not that it's no skin off my arse.
    I can't watch ten hours of pregame BS with Actors marketing tv shows and former players plugging all sorts of bs products. I watched an Alaska St Troopers marathon on National Geographic. It's all about guns, drinking and drugging while driving. Crazy.
    The Puppy Bowl is on Animal Planet at the same time so that might be more worth your while.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    There is a bit of an Ottawa flavour to the Giants. Former Renegade Lawrence Tynes is their kicker and former Rough Rider offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride has the same job for New York.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I wish that the Canadian media hyped the Grey Cup as much as they do the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl is the top story on all of the newscasts in Canada which wasn't the case with the Grey Cup. There is something very wrong with that IMO.

I will watch most, if not all, of the Super Bowl as this is the only NFL game all year that I watch that much of. I really don't care who wins though. BTW, it looks like people from Manitoba and Saskatchewan will tune into the Super Bowl in the largest numbers here in Canada: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/can...138603344.html
    Completely agree Ravi, it perplexes my mind. The CFL is our game yet the Canadian media doesn't give the League the push it needs, particularly in the Southern Ontario market. The hype of the NFL is unreal, as an example, my father.... a man who is in no way shape or form a football fan, watches CFL games with me from time to time, but that about it. He's a Habs fan and rarely even watches hockey, yet every year, the Super Bowl is a must watch for him. I have a lot of friends that know nothing about football let alone watch football, yet they have Super Bowl parties. I wonder what it would take for Canadians to think of the CFL in the same light.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Giants dominated possession but Brady makes up for his 2-point mistake and the Pats' too many men penalty to keep it close at the half.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Completely agree Ravi, it perplexes my mind. The CFL is our game yet the Canadian media doesn't give the League the push it needs, particularly in the Southern Ontario market. The hype of the NFL is unreal, as an example, my father.... a man who is in no way shape or form a football fan, watches CFL games with me from time to time, but that about it. He's a Habs fan and rarely even watches hockey, yet every year, the Super Bowl is a must watch for him. I have a lot of friends that know nothing about football let alone watch football, yet they have Super Bowl parties. I wonder what it would take for Canadians to think of the CFL in the same light.
    Football is about third on the list of what the Super Bowl is about. Commercials are #1 and the halftime show is #2. The Super Bowl is a celebration of capitalism first and foremost and, as such, has a very wide appeal. The Grey Cup is a celebration of football first and foremost so isn't quite as sexy to as much of the public. Unless we "water down" or "sell out" what the Grey Cup is all about, I don't know that there is anything that can be done for the Canadian media to treat the Grey Cup as they do the Super Bowl.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Giants wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!!!!! Oh yeah baby!!!!!!!!

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Had work so i watched 0 min. I honestly couldn't care less who wins or how good of a game it was. To be money kills the game of football which is why I don't watch the NFL . Who gets the Super Bowl? The owner not the players.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    watched the game, wife is a new yorker. the game was less boring than i expected . Thats about the best endorsement i could give it.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    It was no classic but fairly boring. To me the play of the game was Wes Welker the leading receiver in the league dropping a catch that would have kept a drive going late for NE. Plenty of drops for Brady. Hard to watch two classical non movement NFL qb's. I always hope for former Wolverines to play well as a Michigan fan. Have to cheer for something since I hate both teams.Manningham looked great especially with that great catch on the final Giant drive. The game was very sloppy for two teams who had two weeks to prepare. A good example is both teams has 12 men on the field called against them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    It was obviously a competitive game throughout but it sorely lacked big plays. Too much nickel and diming.

6.5/10

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Good call argolio. The first half put me to sleep.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I watched about 30 seconds before half time when I left for the arena to play hockey and About 2 minutes of the start of the second half before I had to suit up to play

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    It was obviously a competitive game throughout but it sorely lacked big plays. Too much nickel and diming.

6.5/10
    Good call. I was pulling for the Giants, but it wasn't nearly as intense as their previous SB matchup. I tuned in at 6 to avoid all the pre-game stuff. Can't stand the hype either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Good call argolio. The first half put me to sleep.
    That's not saying much considering that the first half was the better half IMO.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Football is about third on the list of what the Super Bowl is about. Commercials are #1 and the halftime show is #2. The Super Bowl is a celebration of capitalism first and foremost and, as such, has a very wide appeal. The Grey Cup is a celebration of football first and foremost so isn't quite as sexy to as much of the public. Unless we "water down" or "sell out" what the Grey Cup is all about, I don't know that there is anything that can be done for the Canadian media to treat the Grey Cup as they do the Super Bowl.
    So the Grey Cup is a celebration of communism?