Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    And the Numbers are in, an average of 8.15 million Canadians watched the Super Bowl. Also a great site to watch the Super Bowl Commericals, my favourites would have to be the Coke ones (a bit biased as Polar Bears are my favourite animals) or "Fuerris Bueller".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    And the Numbers are in, an average of 8.15 million Canadians watched the Super Bowl. Also a great site to watch the Super Bowl Commericals, my favourites would have to be the Coke ones (a bit biased as Polar Bears are my favourite animals) or "Fuerris Bueller".
    The NFL in this country has got to be helped by being on four different networks including two different over-the-air ones (CTV, CITY, TSN and Sportsnet). Our little, old CFL is only on one cable network (TSN). TSN promotes the CFL quite well but having four networks promoting you is certainly better than having just one. I really wish there was a way that the CFL could have a presence on a greater variety of networks while still getting the maximum amount of revenues. I don't know if this is possible though. In recent years, I have noticed the difference in hype for the Super Bowl in this country vs. the Grey Cup, as I have mentioned previously, and we are certainly seeing a difference in the numbers for each event even though the Grey Cup continues to be a very strong property. Of course, having the Super Bowl on an over-the-air network which 3 to 4 million more viewers are able to access has got to make a difference.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    People are sheep by that I mean followers that get sucked in by marketing. The NFL is a marketing machine. How many of these viewers watch just the Super Bowl and no other games during the year?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    People are sheep by that I mean followers that get sucked in by marketing. The NFL is a marketing machine. How many of these viewers watch just the Super Bowl and no other games during the year?
    If the regular season ratings are any indication. More than 7.5 Million

I wonder if CTV used a +2 or more rating like the blue jays used for their ratings last season. They assumed there was 2 people for every TV tuned in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    If CTV is not going to air the Grey Cup, it would be great if the next TV contract had a CBC game-of-the-week (Saturday nights moving to Saturday afternoons when hockey starts), and the Grey Cup on both TSN and CBC. I'd prefer the CFL to have some over-the-air exposure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    If the regular season ratings are any indication. More than 7.5 Million

I wonder if CTV used a +2 or more rating like the blue jays used for their ratings last season. They assumed there was 2 people for every TV tuned in.
    Mulder just wondering where you read about the Jays +2, I'm a bit of a ratings junkie and always in for a good read, and to be honest Rogers would pull that off just to show the Blue Jays have a "large" fanbase and to make more money from adverts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Mulder just wondering where you read about the Jays +2, I'm a bit of a ratings junkie and always in for a good read, and to be honest Rogers would pull that off just to show the Blue Jays have a "large" fanbase and to make more money from adverts.
    Flutie02 mentioned on a Globe and Mail's comments page about this 2+ rating recently but another reader said that he was making a mistake and that the "2+" simply meant viewers who were over the age of 2.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Flutie02 mentioned on a Globe and Mail's comments page about this 2+ rating recently but another reader said that he was making a mistake and that the "2+" simply meant viewers who were over the age of 2.
    Does that make sense though? I have not seen any other ratings using the 2+ after the number.

I read something similar to what Flutie02 read, to me it just doesn't make sense as to what advertisers would care and why BBM would poll anyone under the age of 2 for ratings?

The Jays had the highest ratings in MLB last year. That doesn't make sense does it?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I wouldn't put it past Rogers either, Considering they own the team, the broadcaster, the channel, and the cable service.

I'm not completely sure how ratings are taken, but if Rogers can poll their own digital boxes to capture TV ratings. Who's to say Rogers isn't controlling these boxes to get higher numbers as well? I just can't understand how the bluejays would be the team with the highest TV ratings in the league.

http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?p=1276583#p1276583 For reference here is where I got that Information. Not the best but I can't seem to confirm and as I stated above 2+ for older than 2 year olds doesn't make sense