Thread: Stadium Updates

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Just heard on the Fan590 that the Tiger-Cats will play their first two home games at McMaster. Bob McCown interviewed Scott Mitchell of the Ticats at 5pm today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    Just heard on the Fan590 that the Tiger-Cats will play their first two home games at McMaster. Bob McCown interviewed Scott Mitchell of the Ticats at 5pm today.
    They still have a better stadium plan than we do :-)
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofandave View Post
    That would put off their first home game at THF to Saturday, August 16th against Calgary.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    That would put off their first home game at THF to Saturday, August 16th against Calgary.
    That's the first game I selected for my flex-pack. I'll have to keep a close eye on any additional developments.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    CHCHtv in Hamilton is reporting that the stadium might not be ready until Labour Day.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It's looking like the first three games will be at Mac. No guarantee that the Labour Day game will be at THF, they would like that, but the scenario looks like a still unfinished stadium but close enough to stage a game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The July 31st game between Winnipeg and Hamilton was supposed to be televised on the main ESPN network but it doesn't appear as though it will be now as it has been removed from the U.S. TV schedule. I am guessing that the league does not want a game played at McMaster televised on ESPN.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I can't believe they are playing at McMaster anyways. 6,000 seats is not CFL caliber. They should have had a contingency plan in place to either play back at Guelph or at Western, somewhere where you can at least add temporary seating. Did they not learn anything from the Winnipeg delays?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Did they not learn anything from the Winnipeg delays?
    Sounds to me like the Ticats were told repeatedly the stadium would definitely be ready.....until it was too late.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Maybe they should play at Skydome instead of Mac, but I'm sure the schedule of the Blue Jays would prevent that.

Anybody remember when the dome first opened, many things were not completed. There was plastic electrical chord coverings for unfinished lights popping out of the ground and concrete potholes all over the place. They did not have to put gates or warning signs, the thinking back then was watch where you're walking and you'll be fine...Today's younger generation with all their ipods and androids would need neon warning signs in 162 languages for such a development to be considered safe...heck, don't we need to hold hands for those under 30 to cross the street...it's much too much to expect them to look for motor vehicles...I know I'm being facetious but I wonder if all the coccooning that been done has really made things safer.

That being said, exit signs and seat backs would be something that you'd think would be completed by now....oh well, it sounds like a government project done under mandatory union labour. Timelines be damned except for overtime..lol.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Today's younger generation with all their ipods and androids would need neon warning signs in 162 languages for such a development to be considered safe.
    I think the biggest fear is that too many people in this day and age are looking for an opportunity to sue someone. I call it the Celino and Barnes effect.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Maybe they should play at Skydome instead of Mac, but I'm sure the schedule of the Blue Jays would prevent that.

I actually looked it up awhile back, the dates are open but depending how long it takes for the change to football I'm sure is the determining factor.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think the biggest fear is that too many people in this day and age are looking for an opportunity to sue someone. I call it the Celino and Barnes effect.
    I think this is the case ..... Fear of a lawsuit will cause the contractors, the Ticats and the city of Hamilton to be extra cautious.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    That being said, exit signs and seat backs would be something that you'd think would be completed by now....oh well, it sounds like a government project done under mandatory union labour. Timelines be damned except for overtime..lol.
    From what I read on CHCH's Facebook page, part of the problem is that the city did not use the city's union contractors that they should have used. The consensus on there is that everything would have been done on time if they had done that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    From what I read on CHCH's Facebook page, part of the problem is that the city did not use the city's union contractors that they should have used. The consensus on there is that everything would have been done on time if they had done that.
    Yeah right. The next time that a Canadian unionized construction company completes a government job on time will be the first time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Yeah right. The next time that a Canadian unionized construction company completes a government job on time will be the first time.
    Some are, some aren't. I know the Sheppard subway came in on time and under budget. Apparently the Ottawa underground LRT line is ahead of schedule.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    BMO Field. On time, on budget.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    It is hard to say for sure. While union companies generally provide better service, they are more expensive, so when your on a public budget, the trade off is often worth the risk. It's a good sales pitch though for using them. The job site started off with a non union demolition company, that ruffled some union feathers, but they got the job done on time, pockets got lined and that payed off. The non union masonry contractor disappeared and the electrical bailed. They lost out there, but that's just everyday business in this trade. There is often a lot of deception when it comes to large construction projects. Not everything is as it seems, and even the most trusted resources are secretly trying to increase their percentage points, wherever they can. Promises are easily made and broken. The general contractor is to provide a million for every missed game to the Cats. There is so much legal jargon and clauses, that I wouldn't be surprised they never see that money. As someone that is in the construction business, my company is Hamilton based, I honestly do not see the stadium ready for Labour Day, which is why I haven't got tickets yet, LOL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I honestly do not see the stadium ready for Labour Day, which is why I haven't got tickets yet, LOL.
    It clearly won't be finished by Labour Day, or likely any time this season, but I would be shocked if it is not open by then. I expect LDay will be the first game in the stadium. As far as I know LD is already sold out. There's little to no chance the Cats and the city will allow the black eye that would be playing that game at McMaster before 6,000 people.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    It clearly won't be finished by Labour Day, or likely any time this season, but I would be shocked if it is not open by then. I expect LDay will be the first game in the stadium. As far as I know LD is already sold out. There's little to no chance the Cats and the city will allow the black eye that would be playing that game at McMaster before 6,000 people.
    I want nothing more to be wrong and yourself right. However, when I decide to do a drive by, if I am working in the area, I just don't see it ready in 5 weeks, (25 working days), the amount of time needed for inspections and compliances after. I suppose nothing is impossible, but the facts don't support this idea. Since the deadline has been missed and we have already discussed the make believe penalties, overtime has since been suspended. I guess they can chance a game in a half built stadium, but here we go again rolling the dices. What happens when the game goes into overtime and they realize they have no lights? Just a funny scenario among many that could potentially happen. The suites do not even have walls up yet. I can imagine people sitting in lawn chairs on exposed concrete in their "private box". It might do more damage to try to pull this off, then say play a night game at Rogers Centre.

I plan on buying tix through the secondary market, but there is no point as I see it right now. If all fails, I will try scalpers game day.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    According to McMaster, Paul, the Ticats can't play on Labour Day there because the Marauders have a game. I would say that they should move the Labour Day game to Toronto this year but I doubt that SkyDome would cooperate.