Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Sorry V but that's a tad naive. Someone can want an NFL team and still be supportive of the Argos and a smaller stadium for them. Ford has proven to be a supporter of minor football and has been photographed wearing an Argo shirt on his free time.
    The mayor has free time?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am kinda offended that anyone would consider the cfl "minor" football... Good to see the "Teflon Mayor" supporting the local team instead of one from another city.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    I am kinda offended that anyone would consider the cfl "minor" football... Good to see the "Teflon Mayor" supporting the local team instead of one from another city.
    Ron can speak for himself, but I am sure he did not mean the Argos when he said the mayor supports minor football. He meant, erm, minor football. Right, Ron?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Sorry V but that's a tad naive. Someone can want an NFL team and still be supportive of the Argos and a smaller stadium for them. Ford has proven to be a supporter of minor football and has been photographed wearing an Argo shirt on his free time.
    Now, who's being naive? An NFL team would kill the Argos, period. As for his support of minor football..I call B.S. on this. He only got into coaching minor football as a community service thing after his drinking and driving charge. The only reason he still coaches now is because it makes him look good.

This is the same guy that claims he played CIS ball at Carleton. I have a friend that truly did play at Carlton from '89-'93, and Ford never played...and he is a supporter of Ford politically, so it is not a comment out of spite.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Now, who's being naive? An NFL team would kill the Argos, period. As for his support of minor football..I call B.S. on this. He only got into coaching minor football as a community service thing after his drinking and driving charge. The only reason he still coaches now is because it makes him look good.

This is the same guy that claims he played CIS ball at Carleton. I have a friend that truly did play at Carlton from '89-'93, and Ford never played...and he is a supporter of Ford politically, so it is not a comment out of spite.
    IIRC, in the controversial recent article about Doug Ford in the Globe and Mail, it was mentioned that Rob Ford attended Carleton for one year (1990-91, I believe) and that he was on the football team but did not play.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Not if they were owned by the same company. Much like the Leafs make season ticket holders buy Raptors tickets, the same would apply here. Business or fans want NFL season tickets at 2,000 to 10,000 per season ticket, well now you must also buy the 400 dollar Argo season ticket package. the Argos would have their 15,000 to 25,000 base, plus the other 20,000 to 30,000 NFL season ticket fans who had to buy the Argos season ticket packages. NFL is never coming to T.O so it won't happen anyway

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    Not if they were owned by the same company. Much like the Leafs make season ticket holders buy Raptors tickets, the same would apply here. Business or fans want NFL season tickets at 2,000 to 10,000 per season ticket, well now you must also buy the 400 dollar Argo season ticket package. the Argos would have their 15,000 to 25,000 base, plus the other 20,000 to 30,000 NFL season ticket fans who had to buy the Argos season ticket packages. NFL is never coming to T.O so it won't happen anyway
    You can't compare the Leafs/Raptors to what would be an Argos/NFL team deal. They are 2 different sports compared to the same sport. It would be more realistic to compare Leafs/Marlies and you know what? The Marlies sure aren't selling out a 9,500 seat Arena with prices at a fraction of what Leafs prices are.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    You can't compare the Leafs/Raptors to what would be an Argos/NFL team deal. They are 2 different sports compared to the same sport. It would be more realistic to compare Leafs/Marlies and you know what? The Marlies sure aren't selling out a 9,500 seat Arena with prices at a fraction of what Leafs prices are.
    I'm not comparing anything.i'm slmply saying, if someone owned both team in this market place, then it could work. If the T.O market is so hot for the NFL, do you think anyone who will be paying 400 dollars per ticket and then another 10,000 bucks for a seat License is really going to care that he now must pay another 400 bucks for a whole season of Argo football. They will have no choice in the matter, you want your NFL season tickets ,then you get the Argo season tickets to

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    By the way, even some in the T.O media, speak about how the Raptors would have been gone from T.O by now, if not for the Leaf season ticket holders having to buy Raptor tickets. Mcown on 590 has said this statement many times

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    By the way, even some in the T.O media, speak about how the Raptors would have been gone from T.O by now, if not for the Leaf season ticket holders having to buy Raptor tickets. Mcown on 590 has said this statement many times
    Oh yes McCowan....speaking of phonies. He was so ga ga over the Argos when his buddies C & S owned the team, and now acts as if the team and the league no longer exist. Personally I ave no time for a guy that has made a career off of pro athletes, and then says he has no use for them, so therefore doesn't have any interest in interviewing them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    If the NFL ever comes to Toronto the Argos are finished, the organization has enough difficulty getting much attention as it is.
    I don't see it happening due to excessive franchise costs etc. Any current franchise looking to relocate may be scared off by the Rogers-Bill debacle,a new stadium would also have to be built as well (good luck with that one). I personally have zero interest in the NFL coming here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Oh yes McCowan....speaking of phonies. He was so ga ga over the Argos when his buddies C & S owned the team, and now acts as if the team and the league no longer exist. Personally I ave no time for a guy that has made a career off of pro athletes, and then says he has no use for them, so therefore doesn't have any interest in interviewing them.
    Yes, McCowan drives me nuts at times too, but at least he will comment on subjects that all the other talking heads in T.O will never make. Like the Raptors inflating attendance numbers and Leaf fans being used to prop up that team. MLSE B.Sing TFC numbers and no one from the media calling them out on it. He is the only mainstream media guy that I have ever heard make this remarks, which we all know to be true

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Ron can speak for himself, but I am sure he did not mean the Argos when he said the mayor supports minor football. He meant, erm, minor football. Right, Ron?
    right Paul