Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Lots of good info on the chart. We 9-gamed Bryant (unsurprisingly) but also Mitchell Gale. Josh Portis' "injury" is more minor.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Lots of good info on the chart. We 9-gamed Bryant (unsurprisingly) but also Mitchell Gale. Josh Portis' "injury" is more minor.
    I was just going to ask whether we should read anything into Portis being one-gamed and Gale being nine-gamed. Does that tell us anything about which one they like better? It is interesting to see that Andrew Jones won the starting right guard position and that two Canadians are the backup defensive backs. Jason Shivers is still around as a defensive assistant.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Achievements:

Level
    I'm not sure about the QBs; my guess is that it would look too suspicious if we 9-gamed both of them and flipped a coin to determine who was more badly "hurt".

Reinders is on the IR (legitimately I think) so it isn't totally clear that Jones is ahead of him on the chart.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Reinders is on the IR (legitimately I think) so it isn't totally clear that Jones is ahead of him on the chart.
    I wondered if Reinders was injured when I didn't see him dressed at the last pre-season game. Has anyone seen an injury report about him in the media?

Achievements:

Level
    By my count the reserve will be 2I+2NI. One of the two backup import linemen is an obvious choice but the others are harder. I'll guess: King, Steele, Feoli-Gudino, & Tonye-Tonye.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntdog View Post
    I wondered if Reinders was injured when I didn't see him dressed at the last pre-season game. Has anyone seen an injury report about him in the media?
    I have been anxiously awaiting the depth chart because of the dearth of information about roster moves in the media. The Argos had 53 players on the active roster after the final cuts and we never heard anything about further moves until today's depth chart. Who is to blame here? Is it the media which have done a lousy job of updating us or is it the Argos/CFL themselves or a bit of both?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I have been anxiously awaiting the depth chart because of the dearth of information about roster moves in the media. The Argos had 53 players on the active roster after the final cuts and we never heard anything about further moves until today's depth chart. Who is to blame here? Is it the media which have done a lousy job of updating us or is it the Argos/CFL themselves or a bit of both?
    You should ask Rocket, who is to blame

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm guessing the scratches will be O-lineman Rogers and King along with Robinson and Tonye-Tonye. Nice to see 8 NI's listed as starters.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    so pumped for this game! Seat location: section 113, row 8, seats 3-4 If anyone is sitting close by feel free to say hi! Will be there with my son. Wish I could bring our black lab puppy named Argo haha. Everyone thinks we named him after the movie though... grrr lol

Achievements:

Level
    The Bombers/Alouettes game was a good reminder of what wacky early season football is like, and we should expect the same tonight. I still think we'll win, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have to come from behind and need some luck.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The Bombers/Alouettes game was a good reminder of what wacky early season football is like, and we should expect the same tonight. I still think we'll win, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have to come from behind and need some luck.
    I agree. Thursday night's game was also a reminder of the importance of special teams and we should not forget that our special teams seemed to take a bit of a step back last season, especially with our kick coverage. They need to be better in 2013.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Argos tweeted this morning that the pre-game tailgate party featuring Tom Hicks is cancelled:

@TorontoArgos Due to inclement weather the pre-game Tailgate has been cancelled. However, please arrive early for the banner raising at 6:45pm

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Argos tweeted this morning that the pre-game tailgate party featuring Tom Hicks is cancelled:
    Nooooooo! Man, I was looking forward to it!

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    You should ask Rocket, who is to blame
    That's an easy one! How hard is it to show the game day roster. Less sleep more work rudge!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Lets hope that they can press the button to open the roof for the game tonight. If there is hard rain dome should probealy be closed but if there is just clouds in the sky it should be open but I have a feeling they will just keep it closed which is to bad,way better atmosphere to the stadium when dome is open.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Just got an email from the Argos saying the roof is being closed for the game. How can they determine the roof to be closed 8 or more hrs before the game even starts, how if the weather changes with no rain why won't they consider it opening it up? Argos mangement has got to realize having the roof open for a football game makes for a way better atmosphere to the game!

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Just got an email from the Argos saying the roof is being closed for the game. How can they determine the roof to be closed 8 or more hrs before the game even starts, how if the weather changes with no rain why won't they consider it opening it up? Argos mangement has got to realize having the roof open for a football game makes for a way better atmosphere to the game!
    The roof is beyond the Argos control. It's amazing how advanced technology has become that they can predict aweather 8 hours in advance! WOW!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
    The roof is beyond the Argos control. It's amazing how advanced technology has become that they can predict aweather 8 hours in advance! WOW!
    Do you know that the weatherman is not always right? They have done this in the past were they decide to close the roof well in advance of the game but when walking to the stadium for the game the weather is perfect with no rain what so ever! I see a light rain right now outside by game time I bet you all of that stops no rain during the game and the roof just remains shut!
    This is what I am talking about not getting things done properly! How hard is it to get control of the roof?I understand if they have a concert going on the next day or something like that they will have a hard time to get it worked out. But you guys make it sound so hard with the roof being open that we need to get permission from the president of the United States!
    Last edited by Rocket; 06-28-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Do you know that the weatherman is not always right? They have done this in the past were they decide to close the roof well in advance of the game but when walking to the stadium for the game the weather is perfect with no rain what so ever! I see a light rain right now outside right now by game time I bet you all of that stops no rain during the game and the roof just remains shut!
    This is what I am talking about not getting things done properly! How hard is it to get control of the roof?I understand if they have a concert going on the next day or something like that they will have a hard time to get it worked out. But you guys make it sound so hard with the roof being open that we need to get permission from the president of the United States!
    Rogers runs the stadium, Rocket. They make the call on whether the roof is open or not. The Argos have no say in it. The Argos are lucky that they can get any playing dates at all in that stadium and that has nothing to do with Chris Rudge. In fact, your buddies Cynamon and Sokolowski hung the Argos out to dry when they failed to renew their lease with Rogers.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Rogers runs the stadium, Rocket. They make the call on whether the roof is open or not. The Argos have no say in it. The Argos are lucky that they can get any playing dates at all in that stadium and that has nothing to do with Chris Rudge. In fact, your buddies Cynamon and Sokolowski hung the Argos out to dry when they failed to renew their lease with Rogers.
    Again how hard is it to negotiate with Rogers opening the roof, why not put it in there lease that they get to control the situation with the roof shouldn't be so hard if Chris rudge had passion and work ethic for this team it would be done. How difficult is it to press a button?