Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I am not saying it would have been packed,but probealy a better turnout then what they got which is to bad the players deserved better then what they got. If the gates were open earlier which they said they were going to do it would have allowed the fans to settle in much easier instead when they come in they go to the washroom or buy food etc....
    Look, this is beyond ridiculous. There were NO lineups to get into the place at 6 o'clock. Everyone on the grounds of the Rogers Centre was able to get into the stadium without delay. Suggesting that opening the doors at 6 instead of 5:30 caused the crowd to be smaller than it would otherwise have been, and that Rudge is to blame for this falsehood, is further proof that you have one agenda and only one agenda -- to hate on Rudge. I don't even believe you are an Argo fan -- you appear to be someone with a personal vendetta against the man who put on the most successful Grey Cup ever, presided over his own team winning that game in storybook fashion, and followed it up by selling more tickets for a regular-season game than the team has sold in several seasons. Shameful.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Look, this is beyond ridiculous. There were NO lineups to get into the place at 6 o'clock. Everyone on the grounds of the Rogers Centre was able to get into the stadium without delay. Suggesting that opening the doors at 6 instead of 5:30 caused the crowd to be smaller than it would otherwise have been, and that Rudge is to blame for this falsehood, is further proof that you have one agenda and only one agenda -- to hate on Rudge. I don't even believe you are an Argo fan -- you appear to be someone with a personal vendetta against the man who put on the most successful Grey Cup ever, presided over his own team winning that game in storybook fashion, and followed it up by selling more tickets for a regular-season game than the team has sold in several seasons. Shameful.
    Paul agree with you regarding the Rudge topic, I personally have no major issue with him, I had my family at Badali's before the game and whether I saw the banner ceremony or not wasn't a huge issue one way or the other I can only speak for my situation but the actual game was most important to me, what time the gates open, whether there are banners up in the stadium etc doesn't phase me one way or the other, I remember the days at the Ex when watching your favorite Argo teams and players was all that mattered, this hasn't changed for me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ugh. Byline on the Star article: "By: Cathal Kelly, Basketball". Maybe you can send a food reporter or a movie critic next time.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Ugh. Byline on the Star article: "By: Cathal Kelly, Basketball". Maybe you can send a food reporter or a movie critic next time.
    It says a lot about the Star that they don't appear to have a dedicated football writer. Bob Mitchell was doing it last year but I haven't seen hide nor hair of him in a while. Someone named Jeff Green has been writing the odd article this year but the lack of a dedicated reporter for the Argos speaks volumes about what the Star sports editor thinks about the team. Heck, doesn't FC even have a regular writer assigned to them?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Bob Mitchell was doing it last year but I haven't seen hide nor hair of him in a while.
    Bob tweeted in May that he was leaving the Star. Check him out on LinkedIn -
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bob-mitchell/6a/b98/4ab

"Bob Mitchell Communications - Freelance writing, specializing in coverage of The Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL and the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL. Also media consulting."
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Bob tweeted in May that he was leaving the Star. Check him out on LinkedIn -
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bob-mitchell/6a/b98/4ab

"Bob Mitchell Communications - Freelance writing, specializing in coverage of The Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL and the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL. Also media consulting."
    It seems that being assigned to the Argos is your first step out the door at the Star. That happened to Chris Zelkovich as well.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Yes there was lineups where I was coming in, if you allowed the fans to come in at 5:30 that would allowed a lot of the fans to go to washrooms or get food etc...more time allowed for fans to do whatever so they can be in there seats at that 6:45 time. I think the Toronto argonauts are a professional football team and that they should get a worthy grey cup reception for there first game,not some Mickey Mouse thing that rudge try's to pull off! Rudge even states in the article that Toronto likes things that are big time why not try to make the Argos big time then,instead of just standing around doing nothing!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yes there was lineups where I was coming in, if you allowed the fans to come in at 5:30 that would allowed a lot of the fans to go to washrooms or get food etc...more time allowed for fans to do whatever so they can be in there seats at that 6:45 time. I think the Toronto argonauts are a professional football team and that they should get a worthy grey cup reception for there first game,not some Mickey Mouse thing that rudge try's to pull off! Rudge even states in the article that Toronto likes things that are big time why not try to make the Argos big time then,instead of just standing around doing nothing!
    I arrived at my gate at 6:45 and was at my seat by 6:50. No friggin clue what you're talking about. Just give it up. ABSOLUTELY EVERY MEMBER OF THIS SITE IS TIRED OF YOUR 1 MAN CRUSADE AGAINST CHRIS RUDGE. STOP PUTTING IT IN EVERY THREAD THAT YOU POST IN.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I arrived at my gate at 6:45 and was at my seat by 6:50.
    Same with me. Got there about 6:45 and still saw the banner unfurl without issue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level
    Pleasant surprises: Spencer Watt and Cleyon Laing.

Sh!t list: Anterias Bryan, David Lee

Bryan moreso than Lee. Bryan blew it at least twice on special teams and at least twice on defense. I know its his first game, but it sure was a bad one...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I arrived at my gate at 6:45 and was at my seat by 6:50. No friggin clue what you're talking about. Just give it up. ABSOLUTELY EVERY MEMBER OF THIS SITE IS TIRED OF YOUR 1 MAN CRUSADE AGAINST CHRIS RUDGE. STOP PUTTING IT IN EVERY THREAD THAT YOU POST IN.

The fact Rocket hasn't been banned is somewhat puzzling.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    PM the moderators if this is how you feel. Frankly, they'll probably take more stock in that rather than a public post on here.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    banning somebody because you dont like thier opinion....sorry but thats just STUPID...

Hmmm...i cant stand Paul Godfrey, i think he is an a-hole, ...said it many times on here...yup...should i be banned?

Rocket is over the top with his hate-on for Rudge, however, its hardly a reason to be banned...

Franklly, i find it funny the way he can get so many folks on here all wound up, by saying the same thing over and over...

THAT said....the first game was a limited success...nice crowd (hopefully all paid attendance)...our offence looked good..

The defence is a little scary....hopefully they can improve

Special teams very poor...I think Mike O'Shea has regressed each season ...worst special teams in 3 years (so far)
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Although I don't agree with Rocket and do find his constant repetition of attacks on Rudge's performance irritating at times, I think banning should be reserved for those who malign individual's or groups for who they are or for threatening people rather than for criticizing Rudge or others for what they do. There are lots of other interesting and thought-provoking comments for me to read, so most of the time I now just skip over Rocket's comments. Furthermore, this is my last comment on this issue as it is wasting time I could use to read and reflect on other comments.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    banning somebody because you dont like thier opinion....sorry but thats just STUPID...

Hmmm...i cant stand Paul Godfrey, i think he is an a-hole, ...said it many times on here...yup...should i be banned?

Rocket is over the top with his hate-on for Rudge, however, its hardly a reason to be banned...

Franklly, i find it funny the way he can get so many folks on here all wound up, by saying the same thing over and over...

THAT said....the first game was a limited success...nice crowd (hopefully all paid attendance)...our offence looked good..

Special teams very poor...I think Mike O'Shea has regressed each season ...worst special teams in 3 years (so far)
    The answer is YES!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Where did I say I didn't like his opinion?

Trolls should be banned. Bringing up the same topic over, and over, and over again in threads that it has no relation to is troll behavior.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Where did I say I didn't like his opinion?

Trolls should be banned. Bringing up the same topic over, and over, and over again in threads that it has no relation to is troll behavior.
    The way the CEO has been running the Argos is a serious issue if you really care about the future of this football club. As long as you and some of the fans continue to ignore the problems of this team and except the minor league attitude this CEO has for this team the future could be a problem!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    The way the CEO has been running the Argos is a serious issue if you really care about the future of this football club. As long as you and some of the fans continue to ignore the problems of this team and except the minor league attitude this CEO has for this team the future could be a problem!
    This is not the place for this, or your anti rudge agenda. I've received too many complaints about you hijacking threads. Im giving you a 3 week vacation. Everyone is tired of it. If you come back and continue your agenda consider yourself gone from the site.

Everyone else: Sorry it took so long, we don't take banning people lightly. We gave him plenty of warnings to stop and he did not respond nor listen to public warnings. I was also away most of this weekend from a PC. Hands were tied! Any questions please PM me Thanks!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    nice crowd (hopefully all paid attendance)
    Based on the pre-game lineups at the ticket windows, I'd say there were a minimum of freebees.