Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Yes I am happy with the size of the crowd last night 29,852 which was very legit. Not like last years crowds where they said they had 22,000 but really only like 12,000 was in attendance. A lot of thanks still has to go to the ticat fans for coming to the game. Next home game should be a good crowd with Saskatchewan in town. But I scared everything will go downhill when b.c comes in for that Tuesday game.
    Yes..that Tuesday game. So tell me how Rudge is responsible for that great scheduling gem.

Do us all a favour, Rocket. Come up with an intelligent take on something, specifically without mentioning Rudge. If 1argoholic is telling you to cool it (and I happen to know he is the #1 supporter of freedom of speech on this site) than you have obviously gone too far. We get it...move on.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    dont remember any Argo game last year having 12 thousand fans. Not that many Ticat fans last night compared to last yr. I can honestly say it was a double blue dominated crowd.
    12000 was a number that some in the media kept throwing out. Rocket no doubt believes it because it can be used as part of his anti-Rudge narrative.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Yes..that Tuesday game. So tell me how Rudge is responsible for that great scheduling gem.
    Who else is to blame but rudge himself for that one. I know that the cfl and Mark Cohen would try to do everything possible for the Argos to get a favouriable schedule that would work best for the Argo fans. Why can't rudge negotiate something better with Rogers? Do you seriously think that sky dome is booked every night of the week? When they do have an event there do you not think that the event is something a lot bigger then what an Argos game attracts! Rudge said it himself in the Toronto sun article toronto likes it big time why not make the Argos big time and stop making excuses for not getting the job done proper.
    Being the CEO of the Argos should require you to be able to negotiate with people, just look at Keith pelley when he was running the show he set up that whole see you on the field thing,where fans were able to come on the field after the game for an hour or so! Do you seriously think that Chris rudge would have ever thought of doing anything like that before or would he just try to make some poor excuse on how Rogers controls everything in the stadium and that his hands are tied!
    Last edited by Rocket; 06-30-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Who else is to blame but rudge himself for that one. I know that the cfl and Mark Cohen would try to do everything possible for the Argos to get a favouriable schedule that would work best for the Argo fans. Why can't rudge negotiate something better with Rogers? Do you seriously think that sky dome is booked every night of the week? When they do have an event there do you not think that the event is something a lot smaller then what an Argos game attracts! Rudge said it himself in the Toronto sun article toronto likes it big time why not make the Argos big time and stop making excuses for not getting the job done proper.
    Being the CEO of the Argos should require you to be able to negotiate with people, just look at Keith pelley when he was running the show he set up that whole see you on the field thing,where fans were able to come on the field after the game for an hour or so! Do you seriously think that Chris rudge would have ever thought of doing anything like that before or would he just try to make some poor excuse on how Rogers controls everything in the stadium and that he's hands are tied!
    The Argo lease which Pelley worked under was much different and much better than the one that Rudge has to work under. Your buddies Cynamon and Sokolowski let their favourable lease lapse while the team almost died from their neglect. The Argos get the last pick of dates under the current lease - one that Rudge did not negotiate with Rogers because he was not yet employed by the Argos - and there is nothing that Rudge can do about it. Rudge himself has complained about the dates but Rogers gives the Argos whatever scraps are left and that is all that they get. I don't understand why you have such an irrational hate of Rudge. It really makes no sense.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Who else is to blame but rudge himself for that one. I know that the cfl and Mark Cohen would try to do everything possible for the Argos to get a favouriable schedule that would work best for the Argo fans. Why can't rudge negotiate something better with Rogers? Do you seriously think that sky dome is booked every night of the week? When they do have an event there do you not think that the event is something a lot smaller then what an Argos game attracts! Rudge said it himself in the Toronto sun article toronto likes it big time why not make the Argos big time and stop making excuses for not getting the job done proper.
    Being the CEO of the Argos should require you to be able to negotiate with people, just look at Keith pelley when he was running the show he set up that whole see you on the field thing,where fans were able to come on the field after the game for an hour or so! Do you seriously think that Chris rudge would have ever thought of doing anything like that before or would he just try to make some poor excuse on how Rogers controls everything in the stadium and that he's hands are tied!
    From all accounts Rogers gave the Argos 17 dates to pick their 9 games from.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The Argo lease which Pelley worked under was much different and much better than the one that Rudge has to work under. Your buddies Cynamon and Sokolowski let their favourable lease lapse while the team almost died from their neglect. The Argos get the last pick of dates under the current lease - one that Rudge did not negotiate with Rogers because he was not yet employed by the Argos - and there is nothing that Rudge can do about it. Rudge himself has complained about the dates but Rogers gives the Argos whatever scraps are left and that is all that they get. I don't understand why you have such an irrational hate of Rudge. It really makes no sense.
    It makes no sense? Why give this guy a pay cheque then if he can't do anything for this team? I would love to work for a guy like yourself, I would just sit around do nothing all day and just make up any poor excuse for why I can't get the job done and then at the end of the week I go pick up my pay cheque.
    I have a better idea stop paying this guy and start putting all his money that he makes from this team into a new stadium if he isn't going to do anything.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I am genuinely astonished that you haven't gotten the message, Rocket: No one cares what you think about Chris Rudge, and we're under no obligation to provide you a forum for your obsessive and narcissistic ranting.

Perhaps a little vacation away from this site would help to make this clear.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Rather than banning "Rocket," how about a mass Ignore?

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    Most of us had thought that number was less.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I am genuinely astonished that you haven't gotten the message, Rocket: No one cares what you think about Chris Rudge, and we're under no obligation to provide you a forum for your obsessive and narcissistic ranting.

Perhaps a little vacation away from this site would help to make this clear.
    Don't know why you think no one cares what I or anyone else thinks of the CEO! Anytime the subject is brought up there are so many replys to the thread! It is a very important issue with this team in how it is perceived with the people in the city! i just would like the Argos to do a better job in that department , the players,coaches,general managers of this team are doing a terrific job with there line of work and I just wish that things could be run a little more professional with the CEO of the team!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Most of us had thought that number was less.
    I was told by a source, it was around 17, but regardless, you can't do much with either 12 dates or 17 dates. They took advantage of the like 3 fri to Sunday dates that were offered all CFL season. From what I'm hearing that is what is holding up the next lease agreement, Rudge is fighting for better access to date selection from Rogers going forward.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I was told by a source, it was around 17, but regardless, you can't do much with either 12 dates or 17 dates. They took advantage of the like 3 fri to Sunday dates that were offered all CFL season. From what I'm hearing that is what is holding up the next lease agreement, Rudge is fighting for better access to date selection from Rogers going forward.
    I hope that is true but I have yet to see any real fight or passion from rudge since he has taken over the job with the Argos!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Rather than banning "Rocket," how about a mass Ignore?
    I think that I have made my last attempt to reason with him or her. Clearly, that won't work.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Houston we have a problem, we can no longer communicate with the Rocket. Hal 2000 has taken over. Time to press the destroy button.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:

Level
    Destroy and ignore. Where is ishmail? The rocket has departed

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ignore has been activated. He harder to reason with than a 4 year old that want's ice cream for dinner.
    It's us vs the rest of the country