Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Noise by cheering because the crowd are educated football fans not just random clacking of thundersticks for the sake of making noise akin a 4 yr old. That's the only problem I have with using "foreign objects" to use a wrestling term to make noise. The crowd was into the game, and I've seen Argo games in years past where everybody in the end zone seats used to be given those thundersticks. I'm not a fan of the actual noise that they make, not necessarily a fan against natural ambience celebrating the play on the field. I really don't think people don't go to the games because the music is not loud enough between plays or because the PA announcer is just giving information as opposed to leading a cheer. Anyways, a great game, good atmosphere which was also provided by the St. Michael's Drumline in conjunction with the Argonotes who are always supplying a football atmosphere with their brass band.

PS - The Dome sucks for the Argos because they get nothing from the overpriced concessions and parking, which is a huge contributing factor to why many people, other than die-hards don't go down to watch the Argos there....let's not even start about security and the draconian smoking and drinking policies in Ontario, but I could write for hours about that, and we could debate those issues forever.
    Get a good set of ear plugs so the kids and 1000's of other fans can have fun. Name me a place in North America where a person can smoke during a sporting event in a stadium. I can tell you one can not even smoke at a NASCAR event. The security I agree is over the top. Its the same security that does a UFC event. If a ARGO fan acted the same way as fans during the UFC event they would be dragged out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    PS - The Dome sucks for the Argos because they get nothing from the overpriced concessions and parking, which is a huge contributing factor to why many people, other than die-hards don't go down to watch the Argos there....let's not even start about security and the draconian smoking and drinking policies in Ontario, but I could write for hours about that, and we could debate those issues forever.
    So you're admitting that the Jays have more fans in Toronto than the Argos ... but a pretty wide margin? All those aspects are in place and they can get 40K+ for a crap team.

New Fan
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    I've always found the crowds at Argos games to be pretty knowledgable about when to make noise and when to stay quiet. It sounded great on tv last Tuesday, and that series where BC took three straight penalties was incredible. I couldn't tell if it was Mitchell who was getting the crowd fired up or the crowd who was getting Mitchell fired up, but that's what I love about the CFL - there's an obvious relationship and connection between the players and the fans. That's rare in pro sports, and is something that shouldn't be discouraged.

Toronto sports fans used to have a horrible reputation of being too quiet. And we all know the Argos have trouble filling seats. So we should be happy that there were actually fans in the seats. And as long as they weren't being vulgar or violent, instead of complaining about the kind of noise they were making, we should be thrilled that they were making any kind of noise at all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'd say the crowd being a bit louder inspired Mitchell ... who then inspired more fans to make noise ... who inspired more Argo players to ask for noise ... which sent the fans off the hook.

I was along time ticket holder but stopped for a couple seasons. I noticed on TSN that Argo crowds sounder way quieter than I remembered at the stadium. Now I am back for this season and notice the crowd is as loud as I remembered. So TSN is doing something to cut down on the crowd noise which may lead viewers to think CFL games are more quiet (boring?) than the crowd noise we hear on NFL telecasts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I was along time ticket holder but stopped for a couple seasons. I noticed on TSN that Argo crowds sounder way quieter than I remembered at the stadium. Now I am back for this season and notice the crowd is as loud as I remembered. So TSN is doing something to cut down on the crowd noise which may lead viewers to think CFL games are more quiet (boring?) than the crowd noise we hear on NFL telecasts.
    I am sure they are not "cutting down" the noise (why would they do so? It would devalue the product), but I strongly suspect they do not mic the crowd to the extent the NFL's broadcasters do. And the fact is that 95% of NFL crowds are of 50,000 or more, so they will naturally be louder than 20,000-plus. But I agree that the crowd has been nice and loud at the two games I've been to so far this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    they're cutting out sound for sure. i checked this when i got home and re-watched the game.

evidence: the drum corps from the last game. they can be heard very loud and clearly when they start playing... and as the commentators talk prior to the snap their drumming gets faded out to zilch. not cut off when they stopped playing, but faded.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I sat next to the drum corps and i can say that they did most of the noise in the game, at least what you heard on tv. It was so loud that there was a roaming camera man filming them most of the game.
    No idea how they got in those big drums to be honest. Looked more like a DJ station.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I'd say the crowd being a bit louder inspired Mitchell ... who then inspired more fans to make noise ... who inspired more Argo players to ask for noise ... which sent the fans off the hook.

Glad you guys are back. In 207?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Pottinger was on the Hogan show on Sat. Afternoon. They discussed the crowd and its ability to make some great noise for the team during the BC game. Pottinger said the team was quite impressed especially on a Tuesday night.