Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This BS debate with Toronto CFL haters has been going on since the Argos left the mistake by the lake. I cut friends lose because they had too much fun joking about Argo losses. Haven't talked to them in over 20 years. Plenty of wannabees in TO that I truely do HATE. It is a strage city that I'll never figure out. I haven't heard people in any other city in Canada rip their CFL team or the league such as the fools in TO do. I do love the city but have very little use for many of people. They are a bunch of followers.

Every city has it's issues when trying to build a new stadium. Look at Ottawa.

You'll always get the bleeding hearts who want money for the homeless or to built a safe injection site. Screw them!!

Good thing we'll be living in the sticks so I don't have to bump into too many of these fools. As you can tell when I read the comments of these Richards it just makes my blood boil.

Where you CFL gear around as much as you can and raise the middle finger high to the masses of asses.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    LOVE THIS ARTICLE. !!!

It may be too logical and make Canadians proud of what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    It ........ with the new Pan Am Soccer Stadium being built...........Considering the MLS Cup has only been played in......
    The National Soccer Stadium is being u..............
    Tbone, you're becoming like Rocket and switching all your discussions to soccer. Don't make me ignore you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I haven't heard people in any other city in Canada rip their CFL team or the league such as the fools in TO do. .
    Not to defend the CFL haters here in Toronto, but really - that mindset isn't unique to Toronto. It's just that no other city has even an outside shot at an NFL team.

Nobody's talking about an NFL team for Calgary or Regina. If there was even an outside shot at one, though, I bet you'd suddenly find a lot of CFL haters in those cities too.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Not to defend the CFL haters here in Toronto, but really - that mindset isn't unique to Toronto. It's just that no other city has even an outside shot at an NFL team.

Nobody's talking about an NFL team for Calgary or Regina. If there was even an outside shot at one, though, I bet you'd suddenly find a lot of CFL haters in those cities too.
    I think that Steve makes a valid point here. If we were to go back to Montreal in the 1970s and 1980s, we would find similar attitudes as we have seen in Toronto since the late 1980s. Gerry Snyder was their Paul Godfrey. Eventually, all the NFL talk just died out in Montreal and hopefully some day the same will happen in Toronto although Toronto seems to be much more driven to prove its "U.S. world-class city" status as compared to Montreal.
    Last edited by ArgoRavi; 07-25-2013 at 06:30 PM.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I will say it again. People want to come to an event not just a game. They want a stadium that is fun. A place where they can party. A place kids can throw the pigskin around with their parents or friends. Lots of people go to Bills, NASCAR not because they are huge fans but for the event. I don't mean to offend but there are alot of "CITY-iots" that we CFL'ers have wrecking our fun. Get out of Toronto proper to where the fans of the Argos exist. 2,000,000 thats 2,000,000 people with access to transit do not support the Argos. Its is now time to try the GTA and surrounding area.

Boatman
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    I will say it again. People want to come to an event not just a game. They want a stadium that is fun. A place where they can party. A place kids can throw the pigskin around with their parents or friends. Lots of people go to Bills, NASCAR not because they are huge fans but for the event. I don't mean to offend but there are alot of "CITY-iots" that we CFL'ers have wrecking our fun. Get out of Toronto proper to where the fans of the Argos exist. 2,000,000 thats 2,000,000 people with access to transit do not support the Argos. Its is now time to try the GTA and surrounding area.
    Agreed!
    You know who else would agree, Rocket...
    Sorry, but the marketing is almost non-existent. I think people in BC know more about the Flyin' Hawaiian than the people in TO. If you didn't like the rockets rant, scroll down. I agreed with him. Half assed intellectuals trying to give a lesson on debating 101, is pathetic. I love a good rant. It's like hockey...'Let 'em go". If you don't like his/my opinion, well...you could take a big long suck on my arse. Next post. Hit a button. He didn't swear once.
    If plan 'A' was any good, we wouldn't need a plan 'B'
    Unknown

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    If there's CFL haters in other cities you have to dig to find them. I haven't heard one bad comment while living in BC the last almost 11 years. Never heard bad CFL comments in my many trips to Calgary. TO is full of Richards!!! TO is very unique and not in a good way.

I do agree with Redneck and if we had our own stadium which will be the case it will be more of an event and party. Rogers doesn't give a crap so they don't go out of their way. People want to feel welcome in their home stadium. Argo Dome will be great. I don't care what non fans and haters think. This is not only a sports franchise but major Canadian history.

Boatman
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    LOVE THIS ARTICLE. !!!

Tbone, you're becoming like Rocket and switching all your discussions to soccer. Don't make me ignore you.
    One of the reasons I left. One of Mulders favorite boys. This is a football sight!!!!Piss- off!
    If plan 'A' was any good, we wouldn't need a plan 'B'
    Unknown

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
    One of the reasons I left. One of Mulders favorite boys. This is a football sight!!!!Piss- off!
    Your welcome to take another hiatus if he offends you so.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    LOVE THIS ARTICLE. !!!

It is a great article, but again, in the comments section of the article, the Argos and CFL are taking a beating, with mostly B.S being thrown out at them. Why have not more of us responded to this crap and write back in the comments section. i know that i am setting up an account right now to respond back to these fools, and most of us on here should do the same

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    It is a great article, but again, in the comments section of the article, the Argos and CFL are taking a beating, with mostly B.S being thrown out at them. Why have not more of us responded to this crap and write back in the comments section. i know that i am setting up an account right now to respond back to these fools, and most of us on here should do the same
    Not really. sure there are a few neg but there should be when it comes down to a taxpayers money. I see alot of support out there. On the Sun poll last i checked 43 percent support an Argo stadium which is huge for any team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I haven't heard one bad comment while living in BC the last almost 11 years.
    I believe you. But only in BC do we have Canadian universities (UBC, SFU) obsessed with joining the NCAA. Apparently there are US-wannabes on the west coast too.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Not really. sure there are a few neg but there should be when it comes down to a taxpayers money. I see alot of support out there. On the Sun poll last i checked 43 percent support an Argo stadium which is huge for any team.
    It went down to 37% that was posted in today paper. Plus the tax payer arguement I have no issue with. I have an issue with the comments that are posted there, about the CFL being minor league. The no one cares about the Argos, the NFL is huge in Toronto, These are the comments I'm talking about

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    It went down to 37% that was posted in today paper. Plus the tax payer arguement I have no issue with. I have an issue with the comments that are posted there, about the CFL being minor league. The no one cares about the Argos, the NFL is huge in Toronto, These are the comments I'm talking about
    you are always going to get that group out there. but i read a lot of positive comments too. even 37 percent is alot considering its sucha blk/wht question. If it ever came down to a time when the Argos were on the brink of extinction , i expect alot of casual sports types would rally behind saving this Canadian institution.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    If we were to go back to Montreal in the 1970s and 1980s, we would find similar attitudes as we have seen in Toronto since the late 1980s. Gerry Snyder was their Paul Godfrey. Eventually, all the NFL talk just died out in Montreal and hopefully some day the same will happen in Toronto although Toronto seems to be much more driven to prove its "U.S. world-class city" status as compared to Montreal.
    One small problem - a lot of Montreal's NFL wannabees moved to Toronto!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Just look around and take in what most people are all about. They are sheep. Followers. Toronto is full of people who can't make up their own minds. They have listened to the NFL, World Class City BS for so many years that they believe it. Somehow they think they're about the CFL. I say a huge letter after E to them, followed by a double middle finger salute. Just some of the issues fans in the rest of Canada don't have to deal with.
    Oh and when someone wants to yap off about how few teams are in the CFL you can drop the line about the Leafs last Cup was when there was only six teams. That article was great.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    It was only a few people that kept posting the negative comments about the Argos and the league. If anything it was more Rob Ford haters who had negative comments toward him. 37% is actually very strong support for a football stadium when you consider that most people don't care much or less...It might be that I'm older but I really think the NFL is not more popular now in Toronto than it was 20 years ago...Believe it or not, I think basketball, since the Raptors entered the NBA and soccer, since the access to top level leagues in Europe is more available on TV, has cut into the American football support among the younger demographic in the GTA. 37% means that people do care about the Argos and know how displaced the team is at the Rogers Centre....They have no identity there, but would in a new stadium. I think there would be some dissension by people who never followed the CFL anyway, but by those who are football fans, including NFL fans first, an identity and football atmosphere at a football specific stadium at Downsview, or wherever, could be what the doctor ordered to provide stability and legitimacy to the Argos and to Canadian Football in general.
    Last edited by Gill The Thrill; 07-26-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    I didn't bring up the topic, I just responded to other people that brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungi
    Welcome back Fungi. Glad to see you haven't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by herrington2828 View Post
    Get people involved! Invite friends out! Make them aware ... I've been having a tough time getting more than 1 or 2 people to come with me to games these days, so one strategy I used was to post on facebook that anyone who wants to see real athletes and real people play Canadian football, should like my status and I would hook them up with a free pair - I used the following link and sent it to the 29 people (so far) who liked the status - http://www.argonauts.ca/fan-survey - quite a few women and people that I would have never seen as football fans said they plan on going.

Even if just 10% of these people become fans, that's 58 tickets, and 5-6 more fans I can enjoy a game with ... just an idea for others to tweet/facebook as well.
    Sent it around my office and I got a decent response. Hopefully this plan works and drums up some business for the team.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Sent it around my office and I got a decent response. Hopefully this plan works and drums up some business for the team.
    Nice!! I got about 20 facebook friends coming out tomorrow, so hopefully section 134 is a loud one!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I posted the survey on Redflagdeals, which for those who don't know, is a very popular Canadian deals site. In hindsight, I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do, because shortly after, the survey is no longer available. But my thinking was to try to get as many tickets into people's hands as possible. Hopefully, the so called RFD effect worked, and there will be a lot of fans in the stands come the next 2 home games. And even more hopefully, a portion of those who got free tickets return with paid tickets.