Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I would be very pleased if a deal like this could be worked out, and I actually believe it will be. If the Argos want to keep both Ray and Collaros, they will make a deal the Arby's can't refuse.
    I think we are all forgetting that Collaros is a free agent in February. If he wants to play for Ottawa thinking he has a better chance to start there, he will gauge their interest and likely sign there whether the Argos want to keep him or not.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think we are all forgetting that Collaros is a free agent in February. If he wants to play for Ottawa thinking he has a better chance to start there, he will gauge their interest and likely sign there whether the Argos want to keep him or not.
    Yes but the draft is in December. So I assume if the Argos want to keep him, they re-sign him before the draft, and trade with Ottawa to avoid them selecting him. But I highly doubt they make any move on him without re-signing. But at the same time, if Ottawa selects him, they still have to sign him, which come February means he could sign with any team, which potentially means they lose out on one of their key picks. I definitely see a deal in the mix if Ottawa is interested in him, one way or the other. Of course a lot of this has to do with what Collaros will want. Starting with a weak expansion team, sticking with an established team such as the Argos, or going with another team. Does Ottawa select him if he's a free agent in February? There's no guarantee he stays in Ottawa if so. Depending on ZC's play the rest of the year (if he get's much more) this could turn into a Mexican stand-off.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The only way Collaros goes to Ottawa is if they offer him starting QB money and the commitment to start.

If he's going to take good solid QB #2 money, he'd be better off taking it with the Argos, a winning team where he knows and likes the system, and where he knows Ricky's increasing fragility is going to keep giving him shots.

And on the basis of what they've seen so far, there's no way Ottawa gives Collaros starter money ahead of Tate or Glenn.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Good points, Rich.

Tons of things can and will happen between now and the draft. Injuries, performance, contract status, how the team does -- all will play into it. We're going to lose three players, but why worry now about who they might be? I'm more concerned with winning the 2013 Grey Cup than who we're going to lose after the season, or what deals we might make to avoid losing certain guys. I can guarantee that losing anyone off the roster will be more palatable if we are champions than if we are not.