Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...but why wait a week after their last game? Why not do the deed much sooner????
    since they signed him for 3 years i guess they wanted to be absolutely sure.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

New Fan
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    There's no team I like seeing struggle more than Montreal and maybe they are entering their twilight years. I would probably side with the idea that Calvillo played a part in Hawkins departure. I have respect for Calvillo for what he has achieved but I don't think much of him as a sportsman and when things don't go his way i think he can throw the toys out of the pram.

He basically called out Hawkins after the bombers loss in week 2, any other player would have been reprimanded.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishargo View Post
    There's no team I like seeing struggle more than Montreal and maybe they are entering their twilight years. I would probably side with the idea that Calvillo played a part in Hawkins departure. I have respect for Calvillo for what he has achieved but I don't think much of him as a sportsman and when things don't go his way i think he can throw the toys out of the pram.

He basically called out Hawkins after the bombers loss in week 2, any other player would have been reprimanded.
    As I recall, the coaches - I believe Hawkins and perhaps Miller - sat Calvillo down down after that game and told him that he had to change his demeanour on the field.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Calvillo: That's it, I can't work with Hawkins anymore. He has to go!

five minutes later.....

Popp: coach, you're fired!

(of course, I'm only guessing)

Could well be? - AC is far from a smart football type though - just IMO.

Popp was busy chasing an NFL gig last off-season; so he loses Trestman and decides that same recipe - an American football guy with zip-o Canadian ball experience, is an easy recipe for success and hires Hawkins - who has no clue and brings with him a similar coaching staff. Nice try Popp but i guess it didn't pan-out and having Bobby Wetandalll as your boss and a veteran QB whispering loudly in your ear changing your thinking there?

The Als had their time as big guns in the East for so many years; and IMO it will look good on them to be on the way out there now; Popp is not a HC and Calvillo is an aging QB who doesn't have the smarts to take it on himself to lead the offence (how many GC or play-off chokes now?). The Als have lots of good talent on their roster (as all CFL teams do) - BUT - Popp with Calvillo (and zip to take-over at QB) are not going to lift this team in anyway IMO; combine that with a mediocre to average defence and less on special teams = IMO they are going to slide big-time and be lucky to get close to being a 500 team in the future. Hawkins was a big change their and it didn't work out. The Als might be better off with wayyyyyy bigger changes - NFL wannabe Popp and Bobby Wetandall leaving town would probably help a lot more than Hawkins being punted/scape-goated.

Love to see the Argos pound the Als 40 some nothing like next time they play; I'll be very disappointed in an Argo loss or even a close game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Could well be? - AC is far from a smart football type though - just IMO.

Popp was busy chasing an NFL gig last off-season; so he loses Trestman and decides that same recipe - an American football guy with zip-o Canadian ball experience, is an easy recipe for success and hires Hawkins - who has no clue and brings with him a similar coaching staff. Nice try Popp but i guess it didn't pan-out and having Bobby Wetandalll as your boss and a veteran QB whispering loudly in your ear changing your thinking there?

The Als had their time as big guns in the East for so many years; and IMO it will look good on them to be on the way out there now; Popp is not a HC and Calvillo is an aging QB who doesn't have the smarts to take it on himself to lead the offence (how many GC or play-off chokes now?). The Als have lots of good talent on their roster (as all CFL teams do) - BUT - Popp with Calvillo (and zip to take-over at QB) are not going to lift this team in anyway IMO; combine that with a mediocre to average defence and less on special teams = IMO they are going to slide big-time and be lucky to get close to being a 500 team in the future. Hawkins was a big change their and it didn't work out. The Als might be better off with wayyyyyy bigger changes - NFL wannabe Popp and Bobby Wetandall leaving town would probably help a lot more than Hawkins being punted/scape-goated.

Love to see the Argos pound the Als 40 some nothing like next time they play; I'll be very disappointed in an Argo loss or even a close game.

Well - a suitable beat-down anyhow.

Popp is a moron thinking he can be a HC (and he's slipped big-time as a GM too IMO); Calvillo is old and over the hill and stupid; the Als have some good talent on their roster but are weak in some areas and clueless in the coaching/ strategey departments - looking great on them IMO; LOVE to see them finish in last place and out of the play-offs; maybe Bobby Wet&all will sell the team and the Als can get a fresh start.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Alouettes look lost, looks good on Popp and the rest of that organization, long may it continue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    still a decent crowd. can toronto expect as many next sunday to congratulate their boys?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    still a decent crowd. can toronto expect as many next sunday to congratulate their boys?
    How many attended? Sounded good on TSN.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    How many attended? Sounded good on TSN.
    22,068. Surprisingly our lowest crowd this year. I'd have expected more after a win and a first place showdown. Montreal didn't deserve to win.

In that small stadium anything over 20,000 still sounds good so you can imagine what a new argo stadium would be like.